Red Envelope Campaign: Abortion Awareness

Thanks to Kim at Life in a Shoe for mentioning the Red Envelope Campaign on Facebook. The premise is simply to remind President Obama that most Americans do not support his policies on abortion by flooding the White House with red envelopes.

This is something that even our children can do to get involved. Just send an empty red envelope or several to this address:

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

My children love making their own envelopes out of magazine pages, so I will just direct them to the red construction paper.

Seal it and write this message on the back:

“This envelope represents one child who died in abortion. It is empty because that life was unable to offer anything to the world.

Life begins at conception.”

Pass it on.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

6 Responses to Red Envelope Campaign: Abortion Awareness
  1. Cari~
    February 20, 2009 | 2:53 am

Hello! I stumbled onto your blog and I absolutely LOVE this idea… I think I’ll send one (or twenty). Great idea!

2. Shannon Hartz
    February 20, 2009 | 7:10 pm

I found you through my friend Cari’s blog – I LOVE this idea – my kids and I will become regular red envelope senders. God Bless you and your family, Shannon Hartz http://www.thehartzherd.blogspot.com

3. Christine Snider
    August 31, 2009 | 8:05 am

I thought that this idea was amazing!! We foster new borns and are so grateful for the mothers decision to give them up instead of abort these precious little miracles. If they could only see the love in the eyes of the families who adopt them. They are so wanted and loved. I am from Canada and will be sending some envelopes to our Prime Minister. God bless you and yours…

4. RG
    January 29, 2010 | 2:27 pm

Thank you for sharing this great idea. I will pass it along to all I know, and my children and I will get some envelopes in the mail asap.

5. Abortion
    February 28, 2010 | 7:33 am

Thank you for your help!

6. Jamie
    October 4, 2011 | 10:34 pm

Thank you. We will now be sending red envelopes as daily as possible. Thanks for the idea, we must do something.