“Not Me” Monday – Dinner

One night last week, when dinner was just about ready to come out of the oven I did not go outside and play in the creek with the children.

Colby looks at creek

Nope, not me, I stayed inside and set the table,
Amber stick creek

tidied the house
Carter Creek

and made sure that the Manicotti didn’t burn.
Alyssa Creek Colby

No scrambling over branches or splashing in the cold water for me. I’m much too responsible.

When we got back inside, I did not get the Manicotti out of the oven and place it on top of the stove, on top of  a burner that  was ON. What happens to a glass dish when you put it on a stovetop burner that is on? Look closely.
Manicotti

Yes, that is shattered glass underneath my overcooked Manicotti.

We did not have McDonald’s for dinner instead of Manicotti.

Be sure to read my other Not Me, Monday posts and then head over to MckMama’s to read what others have not been doing this week.

Interested in more practical ideas? Read my posts about scheduling, Bible reading,  a memorization system, or keeping a nature journal.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

12 Responses to “Not Me” Monday – Dinner
  1. Kristin
    March 23, 2009 | 8:55 am

That is so funny. What a wonderful reason to let dinner burn.

2. Anita
    March 23, 2009 | 9:13 am

Too funny!! We have had something similar to happen at our house as well with setting a glass dish on a hot burner. At least you were spending time with your children at not on the computer or some other such nonsense as that.

Please pray for my daughter who just had a new baby last Wednesday. She is having difficulty getting baby Eli to nurse on one breast and is hurting. I am praying that she doesn’t get mastitis as she did with her older baby. Eli, like most new-borns, has his days and nights mixed up, so she is not getting much sleep either. Add to that mix a very curious 20 month old son and she is beginning to feel overwhelmed. As I have my own baby, I can’t really go and stay to help her out right now. We have taken tons of food and will offer again to bring the older home with us for a day or two so she can rest, but she wants her little family together. You know how it is!! Just keep her in mind, please, and offer a prayer or two for her during the day and night if you are up nursing like I am. Her name is Lauren and she will be 25 next month…. Thanks,

Anita

3. Jamie
    March 23, 2009 | 11:09 am

Well, this brought a smile to my face!!! I even giggled out loud a little. I’m glad you were able to get outside with the kids… although I found myself fighting envy just a bit when I saw the pictures of kids BAREFOOT and WITHOUT COATS!!! But then I remembered that I too will enjoy those days in a couple months.

4. Kimberly
    March 23, 2009 | 11:46 am

Jamie,
    Don’t be too envious about the barefeet. I don’t think it was THAT warm.

I’m glad that this made you smile. My husband says that I don’t have a good sense of humor, so having people laugh at my posts is hysterical to me. Thanks!

Blessings,
    Kimberly

5. Jama Joyner
    March 23, 2009 | 5:52 pm

Oh Kimberly,

I can sympathize with you. I’ve done the same thing, not once, but twice!!! The hot glass made terrible burn marks on the floor. I hope there weren’t any little ones in the kitchen when it exploded. Hopefully they were all in the bathroom cleaning their dirty feet! 🙂

Jama

6. Rachel
    March 23, 2009 | 8:30 pm

I did this when company was over and we had to eat at a restaurant…at least it was dessert at a restaurant…can’t remember for sure?

7. Rachel
    March 23, 2009 | 8:32 pm

I have no idea why Jonathan’s photo pops up?

8. Kimberly
    March 23, 2009 | 9:13 pm

Jama,
    Amber was walking through the kitchen, but no one was hurt. The glass did spoil all of our side dishes that were sitting out ready to go to the table.

Rachel,
    How funny about doing it with company! I can’t imagine.

Jonathan’s photo beside your name makes me laugh.

9. Smockity Frocks
    March 23, 2009 | 10:37 pm

Love the pics. Well, except the one with the broken glass.

Thank you for wishing my sister happy birthday. You made her day!

10. Kimarie
    March 24, 2009 | 7:51 am

Yesterday I did NOT forget to set a timer while I was baking 20 large russet potatoes at 400 degrees. I did not notice a slight burning smell and I did NOT keep going around the house doing other things. No, I always investigate every odd smell right away.

I should have taken a picture of the two potatoes that exploded in the oven. 🙂

11. Sofie Bell
    April 4, 2009 | 9:56 pm

I am so jealous that you have a creek!!

12. […] or how we encourage our children to do chores or  you may just want to read about how I managed to completely mess up dinner one evening. Like this? Share it with […]