In no particular order:
1. When God said, “Behold, children are a gift of the Lord…Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them (Psalm 127)”, we believe He meant it.
2. World domination.
3. We know what causes it.
4. Over the last several thousand years, children have outperformed both the stock market AND gold in ROI.
5. We believe that God’s plan is better than ours.
6. People think that we are patient “super parents.” (ha ha ha)
7. We want to leave a lasting legacy.
8. Our kids are cute!
9. We don’t want to have all of our “investments” in the stock market.
10. In a world that views children as an inconvenience or punishment (Obama said he wouldn’t want his daughters “punished with a baby”) we think someone should stand up and say, we welcome children and believe that they are precious and valuable.
11. We love late night snuggles, running two year olds, laughing at the table, crayon drawings, and silly songs.
12. Division of labor.
13. We still get to play on the playground.
Comments on this post have been moved to the Reasons We Have a Large Family page under Meet the Olives. So if you’re interested in a lively discussion on abortion you may read them there and leave your own.