I hope to write more about homeschooling in the future, but in the meantime I wanted to tell you about a great new product from Apologia.
Full disclosure here, we have not used Apologia, yet. However, nearly all of my homeschooling friends use Apologia science and LOVE it. I have not heard such universally positive reviews of any other homeschooling resource. So our plan is to begin Apologia science as soon as we finish up our current program. Since we school year round (more on that later) that will happen sometime around Christmas.
Apologia is now producing notebooking journals that accompany each of the elementary science books. Both Botany and Astronomy are now available.
These journals are beautiful spiral bound notebooks that will save you time and money. You won’t have to print and keep up with your child’s notebook pages, buy and maintain page protectors, or purchase and compile binders…everything that makes notebooking time-consuming and labor intensive for mom. Also, your child will adore having their own notebooking journal.
Each of the notebooking journals include:
* A daily schedule for those who like to have a plan or would like their children to complete the book on their own
* Templates for written narrations, the notebooking activities and experiments
* Review Questions
* Scripture Copywork, with both print and cursive practice
* Reading lists and additional activities, projects, experiments for each lesson
* An appendix with beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books
* Field Trip Sheets to keep a record field trips
* A Final Review with fifty questions the students can answer either orally or in writing to show off all they remember and know at the end of the course.
See the sample pages here:
Jeannie is giving away four Astronomy Notebooking Journals and four Botany Notebooking Journals to bloggers who post about this on their site. Visit her blog to learn more about this contest.
So I have a question for my blog readers (that includes all you lurkers), I have been approached by some curriculum producers about reviewing some of their products on my blog, are you interested? They would also supply products for me to giveaway here at Raising Olives. Please email or leave a comment letting me know if you would like to see product reviews and more giveaways on Raising Olives.