Not Me Monday: Bathroom Etiquette and Rice

When I asked Kaitlin to get the assorted leftover rice containers out of the fridge and heat them for dinner, I did not ask her to smell them to make sure that the rice was still good. Since Kaitlin cleans out the refrigerator once a week such instructions would have been superfluous.  Later when I began dishing the hot rice I did not notice an odd and rather unpleasant odor. We did not have eggs, sausage and coffee cake for dinner instead of rice. At least we didn’t have to resort to McDonald’s.

Our children do not escape into the bathroom to read in peace and quiet, so I’m positive that I do not find books in the bathtub occasionally.

This week our children did not require a specially called homeschool class on bathroom etiquette. Topics covered did not include lifting the seat and aiming (for boys), flushing, hand washing, door closing and towel hanging (you know, as opposed to just letting the towel drop onto the floor).  Of course all of this was covered long ago and no one in our house would forget those basic rules of behavior.

In our home we have a schedule so that our children get adequate sleep and we do not keep the children up too late or allow them to skip their naps.  We realize that children need their sleep and so our children are always well rested and never overly tired.colby sleeping Nicholas sleepingColby and Nicholas sleepingSavannah sleeping

Read more Raising Olives Not Me Monday posts.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

13 Responses to Not Me Monday: Bathroom Etiquette and Rice
  1. Kristin
    May 18, 2009 | 8:55 am

I love the sleeping pictures – especially sleeping with the head resting on the toilet. Too precious! Come to think of it, I hope she wasn’t sick!

2. Jackie
    May 18, 2009 | 11:03 am

I love the pictures! You had me laughing out loud!

3. Finding Everyday Grace
    May 18, 2009 | 11:24 am

You’re funny! I love those pics of the kids zonked out, and that you didn’t have to have a special seminar on bathroom etiquette!

4. K
    May 18, 2009 | 12:43 pm

Too funny! Great Not Me Monday post! Hope that dear little cherub isn’t practicing for coming days as a rebellious teenager. 😉 It’s funny where kids will fall asleep. When my brother was little he fell asleep standing up a few times!

5. Vicki
    May 18, 2009 | 1:56 pm

Ha ha Ha.. alseep on the pot!

6. Foursons
    May 18, 2009 | 2:36 pm

– I love the sleeping pictures! Especially the one on the potty! ha ha ha ha

7. Dawn
    May 18, 2009 | 7:25 pm

How cute and funny! You’re not alone on the bathroom etiquette class. Is there a curriculum for that?

8. bunny
    May 18, 2009 | 9:02 pm

I love watching the google ads, This time there is one for people with sleeping problems, just what you need.

9. Jennifer @ The Toy Box Years
    May 18, 2009 | 10:46 pm

I came to your blog through MckMama’s site. LOVE your blog! The sleepy pictures are ADORABLE!

~ Jennifer

10. Suzanne
    May 18, 2009 | 11:18 pm

I concur with Miz Bunny

11. Angela
    May 19, 2009 | 11:31 am

I agree with Dawn. If you find the curriculum for bathroom etiquette.. DO let me know. LOL Of course there are NOT any towels in my kids bathroom. My children do NOT just drop thier clothes where they take them off at shower time. They have been taught much better. Obviously, especially considering the hamper is 5 feet or less away. (Tho I must give lil D props. He had the kitchen, livingroom, his bedroom, and the bathroom all picked up before I woke up this morning.)

12. Cardamoms Pod
    May 19, 2009 | 5:26 pm

LOL! Too funny, Kimberly! Great pictures! Of course, we never find books in the bathroom. In fact, we didn’t find an overdue library book between the folds of a rarely used blanket in the bathroom linen closet… not us! 🙂

13. Teaching Reading | Raising Olives
    April 29, 2010 | 10:07 am

[…] We have books available in every room of our home, occasionally even in the bathroom. […]