Free Owl Knitting Pattern

Some of you may not know this, but I am addicted to knitting, well at least I was before I became addicted to blogging.  I love to knit and have made hats, socks, sweaters, scarves, purses, booties, washcloths, blankets, you get the idea.  There is a fun new pattern for any of you out there who share my passion. The Owl Pocket pattern uses the cute little cabled owls that are all the rage in knitting currently.

I am going to make up some owl wash cloths for the kitchen and probably some quick gifts, but I probably need some more cotton yarn.  Don’t forget to check out Ravelry for hundreds of other free patterns.  Ravelry is free but does require registration.  I posted a bit more about Ravelry here,  and if you want to be my friend on Ravelry, I’m RaisingOlives of course.

So how about it,  any knitters reading this blog?

Facebook7Pinterest0EmailTwitter0

20 Responses to Free Owl Knitting Pattern
  1. Smockity Frocks
    June 26, 2009 | 11:49 am

Kimberly, You do BEAUTIFUL work! I am finishing up a sweater now, but am stuck on the last part, the neck. Could I email you with a photo and the directions and see if you can help me out?

2. Hannah
    June 26, 2009 | 1:32 pm

I am a fairly new knitter. All my husband’s aunts knit, and they took it upon themselves to teach me. :) I was more than willing. I am really loving all “domestic arts” right now. I have mastered wash cloths, even the cool patterned ones, but am having trouble getting beyond that. I bought a book on sock knitting, but was lost before I got started. :)

I am hoping to maybe knit some baby blankets for the many friends having babies. They are rectangles, like wash cloths, so I think I should be okay. :)

Blessings!

Hannah

Mar♪ Reply:

Hello! i have been knitting for ages… love it. If you want to knit socks, but would like really clear instructions, try silver’s sock class at http://www.cometosilver.com.

3. Coccinelle
    June 26, 2009 | 3:12 pm

Me! But I am a beginner! And the owl is definetely not for me yet!

Raising Olives Reply:

Connie,
    Absolutely, I would love to help if I am able. I really need to get the needles back out.

Hi Hannah and Coccinelle. Nice to “meet” some other knitters.

Blessings,
    Kimberly

4. Carole Lynne
    June 27, 2009 | 11:27 pm

Hey Kimberly,
    Chamisa and I just attended our first knitting lesson this week.Chamisa is 10 times faster than I am. She would love to get together with you and learn more about knitting and sewing. Are you thinking of starting a group or just hoping to share ideas online and patterns. Every little bit helps for us beginners.

Raising Olives Reply:

Carole Lynne,
    Probably just share ideas/patterns online. I’m not knitting much these days. Seems like if I’m sitting I’m reading to the children or blogging. :)

Thank you Sasha!

5. Sasha @ Small Town Mamma
    June 27, 2009 | 11:56 pm

My mum and both sisters and great knitters. Me, not so much. But the crocheted scarf is making slow and painful progress!! You knit beautifully, Kimberly.

6. Ina
    July 2, 2009 | 2:09 pm

What a cute owl pattern. It looks like a nice way to try cable stitches without doing rows and rows.
    The daisy hat’s adorable!

Linda Beldon Reply:

Please send me the daisy hat pattern. Thanks
    Linda

Hi Linda.

The daisy hat pattern is available in the book Itty-Bitty Hats: cute and cuddly caps to knit for babies and toddlers. It is not a free pattern, so I’m not at liberty to send it to anyone, but there are a lot of other cute hats in that book. :)

7. Kathy
    July 16, 2009 | 2:53 pm

Cute Owls-
    Since I don’t like to knit without the Incredible Sweater machine, maybe I’ll see if I can convert the design to crochet.

Raising Olives Reply:

I’d love to see it if you convert the pattern to crochet.

8. Charlotte
    August 24, 2009 | 2:17 am

Thanks a lot for the owl pattern, I’m a newbie to knitting, and Danish too, so I had a bit trouble finding out how-to. But it turned out real nice.

9. Natalie Haban
    December 15, 2010 | 4:04 am

So…I stumbled upon your Owl Pocket Pattern and just wanted to let you know that it is, lack for a better word, AWESOME! So easy and yet looks so intricate. I actually knitted it and put it on a kids sweater vest. It came out too cute for words. Picture to follow. Cheers!

10. Mar♪
    January 31, 2011 | 6:43 am

Hi! I love knitting! It’s good to hear that one day when I have 7 to 12 kids I may still get time to knit!

11. MeriJo Petersen
    February 23, 2011 | 10:40 am

I have been trying to knit the owlcable knitted hat and it doesn’t work right for me what am I doing wrong it say 1-3 p3k8 then 4 cable one side is perfect which would be the left as knitting, but the rest of the cable is garter stitches, what am I doing wrong and isn’t there a wrong side?

12. Bev Russell
    April 10, 2011 | 9:28 am

Please let me know where I can find the pattern for the children’s sweater pictured on this page. Pull-over sweater with large star on front and stripped sleeves. Please send reply to my e-mail.

Thanks so much.

The pattern is in the book Adorable Knits for Tots by Zoe Miller.

13. Laney
    January 16, 2013 | 11:10 am

I’m a knitter and would love to see your OWL pattern!!!