Yard Sale Saturday: My Pottery Barn Connection

Well the jury is in and those of you who commented want to hear about my yard sale rules, so I will plan to post them before next Saturday.

Today was another productive day for me.   I found this Omagles construction set with all the pieces and the box still intact.  Since it will be a birthday gift I spent the $10 they were asking.  Think the children will enjoy building things that they can actually ride and climb on?  The one I picked up is the larger set.

I found a glass 9 x 13 dish for $.50 which will be perfect for our bulk cooking.  Is $.50 cheaper than buying a disposable foil 9 x 13?  I also picked up a glass pie plate for $.50. I only had one and honestly we are a two pie plate family.

I bought this set of blue glasses.  6-8 glasses in each style for a total of of 26 glasses,  plus 2 of those mugs that I will probably give away in gift baskets. Paid $3  I really prefer glasses over cups, but with a tile kitchen floor and 9 children we are constantly buying more.blue glassesOne of my favorite sellers was having her yard sale today.  She sells new Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma and other nicer name brand things. We just recently switched the boys and girls rooms and painted so I have been looking forward to her sale to find some things for the finishing touches.

This Pottery Barn shark mobile new in the plastic and box for $5 was just the thing for our  red, white, and beige, fishing/boat-themed boys room.Shark mobile

Here’s more of the boy’s room so that you can see that it really does go with the room.  Can you spot my free drawers?drawers under boys bunk bedI also bought these $5 Pottery Barn, wooden, butterfly wall hangings for the girls room.  Perfect!  butterfly wallhangingsLast, I picked up this popcorn gift set ($2) to use as a hostess gift, but my husband saw it and promptly confiscated and put it to use.popcorn gift setSo, total spent today was $26, higher than normal, but whenever my girl has her Pottery Barn yard sale, my total is always higher.

So what did you find this week?  Feel free to link up your yard sale find post to Mr. Linky.  If you would link back here so that others can read more yard sale-ing posts that would be great!

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter0

8 Responses to Yard Sale Saturday: My Pottery Barn Connection
  1. Sonshine
    June 27, 2009 | 9:31 pm

Great finds again this week!! I love your boys themed room! :)

50¢ is cheaper than buying disposable foil pans!! The dollar stores around here sell 9 inch rounds in 2 packs but only sell one 9×13 for $1.

I didn’t do a post about it but this week I found 2 summer shirts for my dd and some blue jean shorts for ds #3 for $1.75. The clothes were in good condition. The shorts actually look new. :) I also found ds #5 a pair of lightweight long sleeve pjs, 2 shirts and a pair of shorts for $2. I have been on the hunt for some summery dresses for my dd and haven’t found any at the garage/yard sales guess it is time to hit the thrift stores this week. :)

2. Joy
    June 27, 2009 | 10:13 pm

LOVE it all! So very cool! I really like the blue mugs that resemble canning jars. My MIL has some but they’re clear, not BLUE! LOVE IT!

3. Bekki
    June 27, 2009 | 11:37 pm

I wanted to get out this weekend so badly! I was to busy helping a friend with a bridal shower. That popcorn popper and popcorn is 30.00 new! I purchased the popper for my husband for Christmas last year. It makes great popcorn and there are usually no kernels left over, which I love so I don’t have to worry about the little one choking on them. Love the butterfly wall hangings! Love seeking your finds!

4. April E.
    June 27, 2009 | 11:52 pm

Wonderful finds! And I think it’s amazing that you’re painting rooms with 9 kids. I only have 7 and I haven’t painted since we moved in here 1.5 years ago. We really need to paint. But there’s just so much STUFF in the way!

5. Meredith from Merchant Ships
    June 30, 2009 | 2:29 am

What a wonderful haul! My son would go CRAZY over the building set. I’ve never seen one like that before, but you can guess I’ll be looking from here on out!

Raising Olives Reply:

Meredith, I had never seen them before either and with the $12 price tag was hesitant to buy, but after Googling those I’m really thankful that I did. By the way, I love your blog and have used many of your tips for knowing what to buy at yard sales. Thanks!

Bekki, Thanks for the price on the popper. I like to keep my eye out for items that are new still in the packaging to use as hostess gifts, but we will enjoy using this for ourselves!

April E., Full confession here, I didn’t paint the walls myself and almost certainly would not have tackled the task, except that Seth (the same Seth who made these beauties) asked us to pick out some paint and then he showed up one afternoon and painted for us, well the children and I did help a bit. It was a blessing and we are very grateful.

Blessings,
    Kimberly

6. The Prudent Homemaker
    July 16, 2009 | 1:05 am

we bought a popper like that for $20 brand-new at Target. We buy popcorn in 50 lbs bags at Sam’s Club. We also buy the popcorn oil they sell there, though you could use regular oil as well. It takes us over a year to eat the 50lbs (we keep it in a 6 gallon food-grade bucket–with a gamma lid for easy opening). The children get more popcorn than they did when we bought microwave bags, and it costs a LOT less. We let the children take turns helping make the popcorn (they get to turn the handle with dad).

There is never any burnt popcorn, and usually all of it pops.

Those are some great yard sale finds!

7. Kim Jones
    March 10, 2011 | 1:41 am

I just saw the butterfly pictures you found on here! I have been trying to find those exact ones and have had no luck. I would love to purchase those from you if you ever decide to get rid of them! Please let me know!
    Thank you!