Remember the drawers that I got for free while yard sale-ing? They fit perfectly under the boys bunk bed and have solved our space crunch in that bedroom. I decided to forgo the wheels in favor of nice felt pads at the corners so they will slide nicely and not scratch the floor. I could just imagine the boys having way too much fun with wheeled drawers.
Look how pretty they turned out.
And since I know you are curious, all the bedding that you see was purchased at yard sales and the fishing net and other wall decor? Yard sale.
- drawers under bed – free, salvaged from a yard sale
- bunk bed with the mattresses – free, given to us by friends
- all wall decor – $5 Purchased together as a large lot with what you see here plus a great stained-glass, light house lamp, a shadow box with a nautical scene and different knots (you can see part of that at the edge of the picture), and several other little nautical do-dads.
- red, white and blue bed set (Pottery Barn) – $10
- blue and white bed set – $5
Total cost for this half of the boys room? $20
As you can tell the room still needs a few things, but the key to successful yard sale shopping? Patience.
Check out how I found multiple lovely ways to re-purpose this $1 yard sale set of shot glasses. You may also be interested in some of Raising Olives’ other money saving ideas.