Not me Monday: THE Haircut and More Cows

I cut every one’s hair in our family, except mine, from my husband Mark down to the baby.  So when Mark had a big meeting with a very important customer he came to me and asked that I give him a hair cut.  It had been a long day, but I happily agreed because I wanted him to make a great impression.  As I was using the clippers on the back of his head, I began to have some problems with them.  I took off the guard to check and could see nothing obvious.  I did NOT forget to replace the guard before beginning to cut Mark’s hair again.  Nope, not me.  I knew that this was a really important meeting, both to Mark AND to his company, so I would not force him to go to the meeting with his hair like this!Mark's haircut

I did not begin to laugh and cry all at once and I certainly did not suggest that he should wear a hat to work.

When I was moving all the furniture and vacuuming on Saturday I did not find a hanger for a Christmas ornament under the couch.

I did not receive an email from a friend saying that she saw a picture of our family on the wall at Chick-Fil-A,  a picture of our whole family dressed up like cows!  Ahem, she must be mistaken.   She did not include digital proof.cow family at Chick-fil-a

While Mark and I were relaxing on the couch having a serious discussion about our children’s education and waiting for said children to get ready for bed we did not see this walking by.Colby with dot

Nope not in our home, things like this simply do not happen.

I do not have several friends that should regularly read my Not Me Monday’s just so that their delusion that our family has it all together is corrected.  At least you, my loyal blog readers, know better than that!

You can read moreNot Me’s Raising Olives style, but Raising Olives is more than cute kids.  We also have information on how we homeschool our 9 children, laundry management, teaching children to do chores, scheduling and saving money by making things yourself.  Be sure to check the sidebar for lots of fun do-it-yourself projects.

There is still time to enter our two current giveaways, a Crayola Creativity Pack and a hand-crafted, classic wooden toy from Pioneer Pastimes.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

22 Responses to Not me Monday: THE Haircut and More Cows
  1. Kristen
    August 3, 2009 | 8:31 am

Oh no on the haircut! I cut my family’s hair too and I can totally see myself making a mistake like that. What did he do?

2. Anita Chamblee
    August 3, 2009 | 8:51 am

The hair!! Oh my! I also cut everyone’s hair at our home….That is until they get jobs and can pay someone else to do it if they are not happy with my work. ; )

And while I haven’t cut Jeff’s hair exactly like that before, there have been some mishaps through the years. Give it a week and you won’t be able to tell anything! What did he do?

3. Helen
    August 3, 2009 | 8:58 am

I USED to cut my husband’s hair, too, until the dog walked by him after a cut and gave him a “Who’s THAT?” look. It was too funny.

It was also the last time I was let loose with the shears.

Lucy

4. JenT
    August 3, 2009 | 9:34 am

Oh my goodness! I’ve never done that to my husband or boys, but my husband did accidentally do that to one of the boys! He just sheared the rest to match!

And the naked child…happens more often than we care to admit around here!

5. Twisted Cinderella
    August 3, 2009 | 11:20 am

Oh dear, what did your husband say when you didn’t do that to his hair?

I played this week too: http://tc-twistedfairytale.blogspot.com/2009/08/not-me-monday.html.

6. Laurel
    August 3, 2009 | 1:02 pm

Did he wear a hat to work? I, also, cut everyone’s hair, and have cut my husband’s for 28 years. Thankfully, haven’t had that mishap yet.

mama of 13

7. Aimee
    August 3, 2009 | 1:07 pm

Your story about your husband’s hair made me laugh! My husband bought some clippers and wanted me to cut his hair once. It turned out really bad…and he had to go to work like that! His co-workers all made fun of him. He wants me to try again and I said NO WAY!

8. Jenn
    August 3, 2009 | 1:46 pm

Lol- such great stories- Things like that don’t happen here either!

9. The Mommy Chef
    August 3, 2009 | 2:40 pm

Oh Lord, that was funny! Poor hubby:)

10. Mandy
    August 3, 2009 | 4:22 pm

That’s too bad – with short hair like that it won’t be noticeable for long but I bet it’ll become one of those stories that is shared (and embellished) at family get-togethers for many years to come.

11. Jana
    August 3, 2009 | 7:34 pm

Ah, so funny! That’s exactly why I don’t cut my husband’s hair. He cuts his own and only lets me do the trim around the edges. The last picture made me absolutely laugh out loud! Hilarious.

12. Shannon
    August 3, 2009 | 8:24 pm

I can relate to the hair cut mishap…it happened to me recently. I however, was the victim.

13. Tammy
    August 4, 2009 | 12:36 am

That’s hilarious!

I’d still love it if you would link one of your posts to my Mom 2 Mom carnival – Encouraging your Children’s Relationship with Jesus. I’ve had a few late entries so I’m doing a wrap up on Friday…

14. Vicki
    August 4, 2009 | 10:26 am

Ha Ha ha.. The hair cut.. Ive been banned from the clippers on my husbands head…

15. Angela
    August 5, 2009 | 3:16 pm

I just recently gave hubby and the boys all new haircuts. I started with the older two. Then my youngest son descided he needed one. I figured this out by the two chunks/lines accross the front of his hair line where he had started his own haircut. So I had to finish it.
    “Ewww your nakie! Go get a shirt on.” Is a phrase I hear quite often from my SONS as my 4 yr old daughter comes thru in just her undies. I don’t think she quite “gets” the whole “You are a girl” thing.
    They are indeed quite the blessing.

16. Jessica
    August 5, 2009 | 8:11 pm

Oh my! Good ones! 😀 I was laughing at the last pic too… I have a 2 1/2 y/o that does [NOT] like to go streaking through the house giggling between getting undressed and getting into the tub. :-/
    The same 2 1/2 year old at supper tonight asked me to wipe her had during supper tonight and as I was wiping it, she of course did NOT turn into my belly with the other hand – the hand holding the forkfull of spaghetti. Because that would NEVER happen around here. So I have NOT got a forkfull of spaghetti print 3 inches to the right of my belly button on my comfy blue shirt as I type this…

Raising Olives Reply:

He did wear a hat to work, although everyone asked why he was wearing a hat as he had never worn one to work previously.

He still has confidence in me cutting his hair. Have I ever mentioned that I have the sweetest, most forgiving husband ever?

Do I get any credit that in 14 years of haircuts for my whole family this is the only time that I’ve messed up? Do I, or is this mistake just too big? Yeah, that’s what I thought, it’s not like it’s just a little crooked in back, this one is just way over the top!

Dana Reply:

Or way off the top. 🙂

17. Kimberly B
    October 16, 2009 | 1:57 pm

Haha, I did the same thing this past weekend. I had back surgery this past July and I still have pain and get spasms. So My dh wanted me to trim up his hair, now I only trim and shave the back of his neck, well I was trimming above his ear and got a spasm and jumped well he has a chucnk taken out now show grow back soon. He said I am not allowed to trim him anymore. lol No Problem one lees thing for me to do.

Raising Olives Reply:

Ha ha ha, ahem, I mean I’m so sorry!

For the record, I did offer to stop cutting hubby’s hair, but he said, “no deal”. I’m not sure if that’s love, commitment or a statement about our local hair cutting establishments. 🙂

18. Nikki
    August 2, 2012 | 4:08 am

lol I remember this post! How sad and terribly funny at the same time. I gave my hubby a really bad haircut shortly after we got married. Maybe I’ll blog about it. hahaha

19. Belinda
    October 1, 2012 | 3:04 pm

I have a wonderful husband. He says, “The difference between a bad haircut and a good one is about two weeks.” 🙂