Yard Sale Saturday

Another wonderful week at yard sales.  pottery barn matalasse spreadI actually turned up my nose at these brand new, Pottery Barn kids white organic cotton matelasse coverlets because they were  $15 a piece.  Yes, passed them up even though I was looking for two white, matelasse spreads to match the full size that we already have in the girls room.  That is until I came home and saw how much one twin size coverlet retails for ($145).  Then I headed to the bank for some cash, went back and snatched up the matching set for a total of $30.Savannah white shoesThese little white shoes for $.50 may not look all that exciting to you, but to Savannah (4) who has been patiently wearing black  shoes to church each Sunday, these were an answer to prayer.Williams Sonoma train cakeRemember our train loving Colby?  His birthday is coming up next so when I saw this brand new, still packaged train cake pan from Williams-Sonoma for $5?  Well, hopefully his cake turns out as lovely as this one.  I also got the tea ball (free), new oven thermometer ($1) and new set of 11 Williams-Sonoma cookie cutters ($1).dressesskirtsAll these clothes for me ($5). paint setTwo instructional videos, two instructional books, 4 packages of unopened paint brushes, plus several that were opened, an exacto knife, practice sheets that you paint directly on in order to practice your strokes, more than a dozen bottles of acrylic paint and a tub to mix the paint in ($2.50).  I’ve been telling the girls that I will paint flowers and butterflies on their walls for a long time.  I think this may be the best way to accomplish that feat.  I don’t think that I could beat the price!

Feel free to link up your Saturday finds here. Please link back to this post so that your readers can see what others found this week.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter0

9 Responses to Yard Sale Saturday
  1. Aimee
    August 8, 2009 | 11:28 am

Great finds! That train cake pan is so adorable…hope you will post pics of the cake when you make it.

2. Joy
    August 8, 2009 | 5:50 pm

I don’t have boys but I WANT THAT CAKE PAN! LOL! It’s just so cool! Please show us how it turns out! Maybe do a practice cake before the birthday…

3. Jessi
    August 8, 2009 | 7:18 pm

Those are some great finds! I got a few cool things today while we were out at yard sales, my favorite being a bag of white crayons for a dime. It might sound silly because “why on earth would you want so many *white* crayons??” but we use them to color on Easter eggs before dying them to create pictures. We never seem to have enough to go around our huge family, so we’re constantly sharing and waiting our turn. For a dime, we can now all have our own, plus some! I’m just curious why someone had that many white crayons separated in the first place…

4. Laryssa @ Heaven In The Home
    August 8, 2009 | 11:22 pm

Great shopping…how fun!

5. Sandy
    August 9, 2009 | 12:27 am

I want to come and go with you!! You find the best items!! Let me know the girls shoe sizes, I have a box of white shoes that I need to give to them!

6. tara
    August 9, 2009 | 10:09 am

You have such a great eye!!!! Good finds!

7. debi9kids
    August 9, 2009 | 2:00 pm

Those are fantastic finds! LOVE the cake pan! What a deal!!!!

ps So nice to find another mama to 9 kids that homeschools! Nice to “meet” you :)

8. Veronica at luvmyarrows
    August 10, 2009 | 1:31 pm

Kimberly, please, please, please take a picture of the train cake when you make it! The one on the link is way cool, but I want to see your version!

What an awesome display of cool yard sale items you found!! Some a steal, even. But my fave were the pretty white shoes.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

Raising Olives Reply:

The cake turned out amazing! I will post some pictures, I promise.

There was also a pan that had all types of race cars and one that had all kinds of flowers both brand new, Williams-Sonoma for the same price that I passed up. I’m really kicking myself about those now because the train turned out soooo sweet. Oh well! At least now I know that those pans are amazing. If you ever see one at a yard sale pick it up!