You Asked: Pregnancy, Homebirth and Blogging

I love questions they make it easy for my tired brain to figure out what to post, so please keep them coming!

JenT queried, “You mentioned homebirth.  Do you use a midwife or go unassisted?

Mark and I planned for our first birth to be a homebirth with a professional midwife.  However, because of complications during labor, I was transferred to the hospital.  In God’s good providence we went on to have a safe and natural delivery, although my OB, who has been practicing for nearly 30 years, said that there have only been two times when he thought that he might lose the baby and our miracle Amber is one of those times.

After the rather traumatic entrance of our first born, Mark said that he wanted to have two uncomplicated births before we considered a homebirth with a professional midwife again.  Our next 6 children were born in the small, wonderful hospital where Amber had been born.  One birth would be uncomplicated and the next we would experience complications (severe shoulder dystocia, fetal heart decels and maternal and fetal fevers, etc.).  We had confidence in our OB and knew all of the nurses and everyone was supportive of our natural birth choices.

When we were expecting our 8th child we had moved away from the OB and hospital that had welcomed our first seven children and we began considering and praying about a homebirth again.  We found a midwife in whom Mark and I both had confidence and decided to try for a homebirth again.  This birth was quick and tough but I was enchanted with homebirth.  I never wanted to go back to giving birth in a hospital again.

We planned another professionally assisted homebirth with our 9th child and following my most difficult labor yet, Nicholas was born.  However, as many of you already know, Nicholas was injured during the birth.  His right arm was broken, but more seriously his left arm suffered nerve damage called a Brachial Plexus Injury (BPI) or Erb’s Palsy.  His left arm was left paralyzed.

Nicholas saw a lot of specialists here in our home town, in Cincinnati, and the Shriner’s hospital in Philadelphia, in addition to several video evaluations with a doctor in Texas.   He was in therapy from the time he was a few weeks until he was around 9 or 10 months and he has done amazingly well.  We were blessed that Nick has not needed to have any surgeries and that his recovery is just about as complete as anyone could expect.  (If you know what to look for, you can still see some slight deficiencies in his left arm, but nothing that will keep him from being completely functional.)

All of this is a very long way of saying that we are horrible candidates for unassisted homebirth and have never seriously entertained the idea.  I’m charmed by the thought, but like having a midwife in the event that things go wrong and we’ve experienced that often enough.

In regard to my post about early bedtimes where I mentioned that our children go to bed at 7 during the winter and 8 during the summer, April E. wondered, “How do you get them (the children) to fall asleep that early?

I think that the key is consistency. We try to put them down at the same time each evening, they have been going to bed at 7 since they were just a few weeks old. We also wake early each morning, so they are ready for bed by bedtime.

If the children have been consistently going to bed on time then we usually allow them to listen to a story on tape or CD.  This allows the little ones in the room to go to sleep and the older ones get to stay up an extra hour or so if they aren’t so tired that they fall asleep during the story.

Mandy asked, “Who hosts your site, does it cost, and how have you built up income?

Raising Olives is hosted by Host Gator.  Host Gator charges $7.95 each month for the plan that I chose.  Raising Olives pays for itself and generates a very modest income by displaying Google Adsense, by selling some advertising and by readers shopping through my Amazon.com link.

Gretchen said, “I would be interested in learning about how you cope with morning sickness while pregnant and having other children and how you cope with lack of sleep those first few weeks after you have an infant.

This is a great question Gretchen and I would love to hear other responses to this because I don’t know that I have a good answer.

One thing that I have finally learned is that no matter how hopeless it seems, once the morning sickness passes things will rebound  quickly.  The house will not be a mess forever.  It really is just a short season that will eventually pass, even though it seems as if it may last forever.

I generally get quite sick during pregnancy.  With the first several pregnancies it was only afternoon and evening sickness, beginning around lunch and continuing through evening.  With my later pregnancies I have had 24 hour sickness even waking in the middle of the night.  My sickness has lasted anywhere from the first 16 weeks up through the full 9 months (except for my fourth pregnancy where I experienced no sickness at all).

That said, here are some things that have helped our family get through a pregnancy:

• We have very little company during the time that I feel ill.
  • We cut out as many out of the house activities as possible.  Mark and I joke that our lives screech to a halt during the beginning of a pregnancy.  We just go into survival mode.
  • I cook in the morning when I feel well and use the crock pot nearly every day.
  • We once hired a lady in our church to bulk cook for our freezer.
  • We train our children to be obedient and to help with housework in whatever capacity that they are capable.
  • When I was sick each evening I never washed dishes at night, I would get up the next morning and clean the kitchen and make dinner, making the best use of my “well” time that I could.
  • Do a lot of read alouds for school.
  • Cancel school if needed.  We school year round so taking a few months off during the beginning of a pregnancy works for us.
  • Relax your cleaning standards.  I tend to have very high standards for my house, but when we are expecting I focus on the most important areas and don’t worry about what doesn’t get done.
  • I found that Preggie Pops helped a little bit with pregnancy number 8, but not as much with pregnancy number 9.
  • Don’t feel guilty.  God has called you to grow this baby.

Lack of sleep with a newborn:

• I will also say that while I have difficult pregnancies and long labors, I recover quickly and usually feel much, much better immediately after the baby is born.
  • I co-sleep with the baby.  It has been a blessing to me and to my family as the baby and I generally get adequate sleep each night.
  • I work to get the baby accustomed to resting during rest time for the big kids so that I can get a rest in the afternoon.

I’d love to hear other’s thoughts on this one.

One of my real life friends Jama asked,”How many cars does one (train) pan make?” in regard to the train cake that I made for Colby’s birthday.

It makes 9 cars. :)

Several of you asked to be kept updated on our bout of Swine Flu. Currently both Mark and I are sick,  Suzanne (our college student) has a sore throat and Amber (12), Matthew (10), Carter (7) and Colby (3) all have the illness to varying degrees.  We appreciate your prayers and are still praying that the rest of the children will be spared.  Anyone have extra Kefir grains so that we can incorporate more fermented food into our diet?

I have more questions to answer but will have to get to them later.  Feel free to email questions using the contact page or leave a comment.

Edited to add: Be sure to read the comments for more answers and helpful ideas.  I also began a discussion about potty training in the Raising Olives Community so please click the link and share your thoughts and ideas. There are many experienced, wise moms who read Raising Olives, please take some of your time to share what you have learned with the rest of us in the Community . The RO Community is also a good place to post questions where Raising Olives readers will be able to answer.  Feel free to start your own discussions for topics that interest you or that you think should be addressed. You can see the most current discussions and replies displayed in the BlogFrog Community widget in the right sidebar.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest1Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter0

34 Responses to You Asked: Pregnancy, Homebirth and Blogging
  1. JenT
    August 20, 2009 | 4:48 pm

Thanks for answering my question. I love homebirth, but understand why it’s not possible for some. I actually had to have a c-section with my 9th (first one ever) and I really want the rest (if we have more) to be homebirths.

Hope you and your family start getting better soon.

2. MomStarr
    August 20, 2009 | 5:39 pm

I wanted to tell Gretchen that my midwife suggested Milk Thistle and it has worked very well for me for morning sickness. I take three at night before going to bed since that is when the liver is detoxing. Morning sickness is associated with the liver managing the hormonal changes. Milk thistle helps the liver detox more effectively. I am amazed at how much better it makes me feel. The morning sickness isn’t gone completely but I can function almost normally. It is safe…I have used this with three pregnancies now (all homebirths). Does not hurt mommy or baby. :)

3. Tristan from the Crew
    August 20, 2009 | 5:56 pm

Another morning sickness (all day sickness) help are SeaBands. They are a pair of stretchy bracelets with hard plastic nubs that push on pressure points in the wrist. They don’t help everyone, but they are totally worth trying if you happen to be one they do work well on. I think a big part of it is simply learning to place them and keep them in place.

Besides those I love smelling or eating dill pickles or peppermint (both help with the morning sickness) and I stay as far away from meat smells as I can…LOL.

For sleep/energy in the early months – agree with your suggestions on co-sleeping if your baby sleeps best that way (I’ve had 3 cosleepers and 2 who slept better in the crib beside my bed), and quiet time/nap time for the whole house in the afternoon so mom can rest too. We stop all extra work, lower the cleaning and homeschool standards, and read a lot!

Honey Reply:

I have been hyperemic (severe nausea & vomiting the ENTIRE pregnancy of 2 weeks on through actually delivering the placenta with each of my children. I was also hyperemic through my 9 miscarriages where the latest was at 16 weeks. So, 12 pregnancies of constant vomiting. I’ve found that for hyperemics that seabands don’t work…orange essential oil helped for about 2 minutes…(peppermint oil in the toilet was the most awesome use of my oils during my pregnancies since it kept any potty smells nonexistant & peppermint is a natural antibacterial, antiviral, anti lots so good for you.) I’ve been on experimental drugs (with my second child the drug they had me on ended up causing death in mom & babe, lots of birth defects…horrible things. Only 1 thing ever helped flip the nausea/vomiting switch, helped me eat food the baby could use to grow with & didn’t have me gaining 100lbs due to steroids. But a nurse shared a tip with me about alcohol wipes. They use them in the surgical recoup if someone is feeling icky they tear one open & have them smell them. This works! I found this at the last WEEK of my last pregnancy & just carried a bottle of rubbing alcohol around & kept wiffing it when I felt I was about to actually vomit. I didn’t think I should smell it for nausea since I don’t think the fumes are good for you/babe. I also shared this with some of my moms I doula’d for who were hyperemic & they found it helpful too. I hope you have an enjoyable birth. Also, number one new mom pick me up you can buy from the store…new underwear…nonstretched panties will seem like diamond earrings or a romantic week away to some exotic location.

Good luck & I hope your birthing is blessed!
    Honey

I am amazed at those of you who really have a trial with pregnancy. Blessings on you for your commitment to your children! You are an inspiration to me. Thank you.

4. Shari
    August 20, 2009 | 7:11 pm

Great questions and great answers! :-) I have a question. I am having difficulty with my children doing their chores with a happy heart, doing them whole-heartedly, and with a good attitude. I have a husband who doesn’t contribute much and I am OK with that. They are using the excuse that Dad doesn’t work at home so why should we have to? I haven’t said anything and don’t say anything to my husband because in my eyes he works 10-12 hours a day and deserves to rest in the evenings. And, he works six days a week most weeks. How would I address this? I am feeling a little lost on it! :-)

5. Twisted Cinderella
    August 20, 2009 | 7:46 pm

Thanks for posting this. I am just beginning our homeschool career with our special needs seven year old daughter, I have a 13 month old daughter and am due in January with our third child. When I get scared that I won’t be able to handle this, blog friends like you are my inspiration. If you can do it so can I.

And hearing how you got through rough pregnancies helped too. This has been an especially tough pregnancy (I am worse in the evenings too) and I have had to relax my standards on cleanliness and to adjust the way I am cooking. It is good to know I am not the only one.

6. Coccinelle
    August 20, 2009 | 8:39 pm

I love your post, but I also read your links, like all your links… and I stumble upon Shoulder Dystocia.

I think that is what my grand-mother and my great aunt had in their delivery. I mean my mother always told me that she has many many blood transfusion and that she would have need c-section at all her children. The twin brother of my mother was stillborn, and the younger brother of my mom has cerebral palsy. There is no BPI history though.

This is still suspect, I mean I have always wondered what was that, is it normal? etc. Shoulder dystocia is not something we heard of. I have never heard of that before today and I bet you have never heard of that before it happenned to you!

My mother has two c-section and she always told me that it was because she inherited my grand-mother pelvis malformation… suspect…

Thank you once more!

Raising Olives Reply:

Coccinelle,

No I had never heard of BPI before Nicholas was hurt. This despite the fact that I was VERY, VERY high risk for it. What you are describing with your grandmother is possible. I know that still birth and cerebral palsy are both risks of severe shoulder dystocia.

Blessings,
    Kimberly

7. Mama Mirage (Jessica)
    August 20, 2009 | 9:18 pm

I don’t get anything done when I’m pregnant or for the first 10 months of their lives! Lol! I had bad morning sickness with my first and had to go in for an IV… but I was so dehydrated by then that they couldn’t get a vein. So I had to be on prescription meds to keep it from getting that bad again. I was able to wean myself off the meds using this organic tea:
    I LOVE that company. Their stuff is awesome.

I think it’s great that you were able to have your babies naturally and some at home! I think that’s awesome! I give birth in a birthing center that is run by a mother and daughter midwives. No doctors, just midwives and doulas. It’s a house they bought and remodeled so each of the bedrooms has a jacuzzi. It’s as close to home birth as you can get without actually being at your own home. ;)

Aww I’m so sorry more of you are sick now! :( Here are some things that are good for building the immune system and fighting the flu other than vitamin C of course:
    Echinacea, Golden Seal, Myrrh (you can get these three in drops or capsules or tea from a healthfood store)
    Garlic (fresh raw is best but it comes in tablets if you can’t stand the taste)
    Oil of oregano
    Emergen-C packets (can get them in WalMart and these are GREAT for the babies and toddlers! I give a packet an hour all day and when they wake at night until they’re better. Even when my babies were as young as 9 months.)
    Avoid all sugars even natural because they lower the immune system.
    Sorry, there’s my unsolicited advice for the day. ;) Natural/herbal stuff is kind of a hobby of mine for the last 15 years.
    I hope you are all feeling better soon!

8. Mama Mirage (Jessica)
    August 20, 2009 | 9:26 pm

Oh I have a question sort of for next time or whenever… I was wondering if you have any tips for potty training!!! Lol! My almost 3 year old (girl) has been staying dry in undies all day for about 6 months now… she just HOLDS IT until naptime and night time and then goes in her overnight diaper. She won’t go in the potty. She’s only gone in it 3 times since she was 18 months. I thought, with 9 kids maybe you have had one with this problem and have some advice for me? Or maybe a post about potty training in general? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Between you and me, I’m pretty sure my problem is that I started too LATE. I started at 18 months with her but by then she was already too stubborn. She was ready when she started walking at 11 months. I knew it in my heart then but 11 months seemed so young… and now looking back I clearly see that I was right and waited too long. Her personality is such that she overthinks things and I know we would have done better if I’d done it when she was a baby instead. :(

9. Tristan from the Crew
    August 20, 2009 | 10:05 pm

I’ll offer my potty training tips – ;)

1. Find a reward that motivates your DD and offer it for using the potty. (An m&m, chocolate chip, sticker, etc). Use until the habit is firmly ingrained then begin offering fewer rewards as she is a “big girl” now.

2. Stop using the diapers for nap and bed! She’s old enough to dislike waking up in a peed bed and having to take a quick cold(cool) shower to rinse off the pee, and old enough to learn that is the consequence for not peeing before nap and bed in the potty. Diapers remove this natural consequence.

****This is not the same as a child who wets the bed because of other reasons!!! Choosing not to use the potty is totally different than a child who uses the potty and still wets the bed. In THAT case a diaper is totally appropriate becuase the child physically cannot “fix” the wetting the bed until their body matures. With one of my children(I have 5 so far) this age was 5 1/2 and a girl, she potty trained at barely turned 2 on her own. The next child was a boy and he never wet the bed after he potty trained at age 3. The next is another girl and she’s 3 1/2 and still wets the bed at night. She is in cloth diapers, she drinks less in the evening, goes to the bathroom before bed, and still pees. (Daddy wet the bed until age 7ish, as did his sisters, it’s a family history thing there.) The next two are 1 and 6mos, so no potty training there yet …LOL.

10. Joy
    August 20, 2009 | 10:50 pm

We are praying that you all recover quickly!!!

I really like your DIY links, with pictures, on your sidebar! When I have more time I’m going to look through them and use them.

I’ve really rethought about giving birth in a hospital. But my husband is adamantly against homebirth, which is funny because he’s a really old-fashioned person. I think he’s against it because of fear. Fear that something will happen to me or to baby and a midwife wouldn’t know what to do. But this is a big city hospital, which means more liabilities, which means more c-section and unnecessary interventions. So it’s a hard pill to swallow and I’m regretting that we’ll be delivering at the hospital. I plan to labor at home as long as humanly possible to avoid unnecessary interventions.

11. Mama Mirage (Jessica)
    August 20, 2009 | 10:59 pm

Rewards do not work for her and if she had known what she was doing the 3 times she went in the toilet I might consider punishing her for wetting the bed but she did not know what she was doing. The problem is she does not know HOW to make herself go. It just “happens.” She knows how to make it NOT happen but she does not know how to purposely do it. She will sit on the toilet and play happily for a long time there but if I tell her to try to go she starts shaking all over and her eyes well up and she gets this deer in the headlights look just before the tears spill over and she tells me she’s scared. I don’t feel right for punishing her with a cold shower for something she doesn’t understand that she can control. She is afraid to go, which is why she holds it all day now. :(

12. Mama Mirage (Jessica)
    August 20, 2009 | 11:03 pm

Also we do have a family history of bedwetting. Hubby occasionally wet the bed until he was 8 or 9 and I had wetting phases during growth spurts when I would sleep to heavily until I was probably 12.

13. Gretchen
    August 20, 2009 | 11:15 pm

Thank you so much for answering my question. Those were some very helpful and insightful tips. I hope your family is feeling better soon.

14. Nicki
    August 21, 2009 | 7:41 am

Thanks for sharing this! I have had all four of mine at home, and have been thankful for very smooth labors and deliveries. However, I do suffer from the constant vomiting during the first trimester every time. I’ve been in the ER with 3 of the kids from dehydration, but this last time my midwife was able to get me a prescription for (can’t think of the name just now…) anti-nausea medicine (starts with a P), and that helped some, only it kept me asleep a lot. The nice thing is, the more kids you have, the more there are to help with things like cooking, cleaning, and babysitting. I have a wonderful midwife here in North Texas, and she has delivered 3 of the 4 after my first midwife retired. It is such a wonderful experience to have them at home, but I know that it is not always possible.

15. Tristan from the Crew
    August 21, 2009 | 7:55 am

Mama Mirage – Sorry if I offended you ? By cold shower I mean in the middle of the night or after nap when you pee we do a quick shower which in our old house means the water is not hot (takes too long to warm up). Getting we and messy in the bed and having a quick cool shower are the natural consequences for wetting the bed in a child who is capable of using the toilet but choosing not to. It’s a very different thing when a child wets the bed due to physical issues, hence we use a diaper to help them. A child who is simply choosing not to potty before bed or naps does not wear a diaper, and experiences the natural consequences of their choice. Does that make more sense? Sigh. SOmetimes talking through the computer makes it hard to hear another person’s intentions/voice. I hope I did not offend.

I wonder why your DD has such a panic reaction when asked to use the toilet?

16. Mama Mirage (Jessica)
    August 21, 2009 | 12:24 pm

No I am not offended, I just thought I’d better clarify that her stubbornness was not just flat refusing to go because I think I made it sound that way kinda in the first post. She overthinks things like her mama. I really think she’s sitting there on the toilet and as soon as I ask her to try she thinks about how to go and realizes she doesn’t know how to go on purpose and then her stubbornness kicks in and she’s locked into *panic panic! but I don’t know how! I can’t do it!* mode. She’s never had any traumatic potty experiences. I never spanked her for going on the floor and the times she started going and I got her to the toilet in time to finish we danced around the bathroom singing “we did it” afterward! Lol! That’s why rewards don’t work I guess… if she knew HOW to go to get that m&m she’d surely do it! People keep telling me to just wait it out and she’ll get it in time but the poor girl is already almost 3 and she wants to use the potty. She asks me constantly all day if she can sit on it, tells me “I gotta go pee on the potty” and I take her in there and she sits for 1-10 minutes and nothing happens.

Honey Reply:

For a child struggling to potty…run a warm water bath and allow her to sit in it to relax her muscles. Or use a handheld shower around the small of her back to belly area with warm water.

After a hemorroid surgery that resulted in being hospitalized with 3rd degree burns (it was horrible) I found it PAINFUL and was unable to relax to simply pee…warm showers (yep..shades of George here! ;) ) got me through.

Warm baths are also good for a child that is constipated. Be warned they could go in the water but make it known that you knew it would happen and it’s acceptable due to the situation. Also, don’t prewarn them as it can cause tension due to the ick factor that could result.

Oh….a hot cloth later on to ‘wean’ from baths is helpful when it’s more mental fear/issue and allows for public bathroom use.

Honey

17. Mama Mirage (Jessica)
    August 21, 2009 | 12:28 pm

Sorry Kimberly! I didn’t mean to hijack your blog!
    I have lots of questions for you so if you ever run out of blogging ideas… ;)

18. Nicole
    August 21, 2009 | 3:39 pm

Sending many prayers your way, hoping the swine flu passes quickly, take care.

19. Julie
    August 21, 2009 | 10:28 pm

I’m SO sorry to hear that your family is dealing with the sickness, and can’t imagine how hard it must be for both you and Mark. We are praying for you all to get well.

20. Angela
    August 27, 2009 | 4:51 pm

I have had 4 children so far. 1 hospital birth, 2 homebirths and one born at the Lisa Ross (Midwife ran) birthing center. I had difficult pregnancies with the last two (and two miscarrages between them). I was very sick with my youngest, and on bed rest. For schooling, We did alot of learning videos (history channel, science channel, discovery etc.)lots of reading, and then Dan helped some with the other stuff. As to my sickness, I actually found that yoohoo helped. (chocolate drink 99% caffine free) I made this suggestion to my sister when she was pregnant with her first, and she said it helped settle her tummy some too. Not sure why, but it worked with all of mine so far. As to the chores, when I felt alright I did some (even tho I was not suppose to). My children helped ALOT. Danny (8yrs old at the time) made peanutbutter n jelly for everyone for lunch every day. I could not eat pb&j for about a yr afterwards tho. LOL You just relax your standards, go with the flow. Do what you are physically capable of doing, and do not worry about the rest. Growing a person is hard work. ;-) Let your body do its thang, and God will handle the rest.

21. Angela
    August 27, 2009 | 4:54 pm

Kimberly, How are you n the rest of the crew doin? I was a hair under the weather the other day, and know several families that have been battling sicknesses of varing degrees. I send love, well wishes n blessings. We need to get the kids together sometime soon, when everyone is well. Huggs!

-A

22. Coccinelle
    August 29, 2009 | 10:58 am

Thank you for your feedback!

I talk to my mother about this, and she told me that one on her brother had his collarbone broken at birth…

I hope your family is going better now!

23. Twinmomwv
    October 22, 2009 | 6:01 am

During my first pregnancy, with twins, I was told to take half a Unisom tablet and a B-6 once a day and it helped tremendously with my morning sickness. I had 24-hour sickness and it turned out to be the only thing keeping me from being hospitalized because I couldn’t keep any food down at all. I still felt nauseous most of the day, but I think that is only because of the severity of my symptoms.

I also have naptime for babies lined up with rest time for the older kids so that Mommy can take a rest.

I have not had another baby since the beginning of our homeschool journey, but had all of the children we do have close together; 4 in 3 1/2 years. I go into survival mode until the baby is sleeping through the night and strongly believe in co-sleeping or at least sleeping in the same room.

Raising Olives Reply:

Thanks for your tips. I’ve actually heard about B-6 before, but have never been super faithful keeping it up.

24. Heather
    August 22, 2010 | 10:43 pm

One thing that helped me with severe 24-hour “morning” sickness was sucking candied ginger. I hate ginger when I’m not pregnant so the thought of tasting it when I was pregnant and nauseous sounded terrible BUT it actually helped me. It would be best to chew it and swallow it but I couldn’t bring myself to do that. I just sucked it for a few minutes and then spit it out and it would make me feel better for a little while.
    I’ve never found anything though that actually helped long-term except for Rx Zofran. They give it to chemo patients; it is the strongest anti-nausea pill there is from what I understand, but it is (supposedly) safe in pregnancy.
    I would like to try the milk thistle and sniffing rubbing alcohol that you other girls mentioned for future pregnancies.
    I just try to take one day at a time and pray a lot for God’s grace for the moment, and HE is faithful to get us through whatever He gives it one moment at a time.

25. Tori
    January 4, 2012 | 12:33 pm

Thank you so much for these pregnancy articles! I have 4 boys and am 8 weeks along with #5. The morning sickness this time, and other symptoms, are much more severe. I’m feeling really terrible about not being on top of running the household and homeschooling to the standard I usually do. I really really dislike using the excuse of being sick, since I prayed for this baby, and feel so blessed to be carrying him/her. But I’m realizing that I’m doing the best I can, and this too will pass. Thanks again!

Praying that you have a safe and healthy pregnancy.

26. Natasha
    January 23, 2013 | 10:05 am

I have enjoyed reading through your wonderful blog. It is of great encouragement to me. I am a mother of one beautiful boy, and hope to have many more in the years ahead.
    Regarding the dreaded morning sickness, I have read it can be related to a magnesium deficiency. Apparently you need to ‘stock up’ before you conceive, either with magnesium oil, or perhaps with a nice soak in an epsom salt baths (2 cups/bath).
    I do hope this might be of a little help you.
    Thanks again!

Wow, I’d not heard of that before. Thanks for the input! It’s definitely worth a try.

27. Eunice
    November 4, 2014 | 4:23 pm

I really enjoy reading your blog and birth stories. I am the oldest out of 12 and love hearing of other big families (especially enjoyed your page on the reasons we have big families) I had two children (hope to have many more:)) naturally (without pain medication) but due to water breaking early had to be induced with 2nd and I always get questions about why I would be “crazy” and not get epideral. I would love to hear how you answer these questions and why you chose to go that route when it was possible.