Not Me Monday: Preschool Predicaments

This week Colby (3) did not climb up in a tree so high that I had to have Matthew (10) fetch the ladder while Amber (13) and Kaitlin (11) moved the pile of rocks from directly under his precarious perch  and I stood underneath to break his fall (just in case).  I did not need to climb to the very top of the ladder and reach up while he lowered himself a bit in order to reach him. I did not consider calling the fire department.

If one of our small children had been stuck up quite high in a tree, none of the other children would have suggested that I get the camera because it would make a great “Not Me” post.  No way!

Mark and I did not drop all 9 of our children off at a friend’s house at 9:30 Saturday morning and leave them until nearly 5:00 Saturday evening just so that we could go watch a college football game with 103,259 other fans.

None of our friends would agree to watch 9 children for a whole day, especially when they have 4 children of their own. If someone had agreed to take care of 13 children 13 and younger, they would not have tackled several projects AND blogged about one of them.   🙂  (We did not have an amazing time, thank you Heather!)

When Nicholas (1) got himself stuck in the toilet I did not run for the camera before removing him.Nicholas in toiletNicholas in toilet CloseNope, not me!

Share on Facebook3Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

27 Responses to Not Me Monday: Preschool Predicaments
  1. Michelle
    October 12, 2009 | 8:55 am

That is so adorable! Poor little guy!

Of course, nothing similar has *ever* happened to us. Nope, not in our house… http://myblessedhome.wordpress.com/2009/01/16/a-little-excitement/ 😀

Speaking from IN-experience, I would suggest you print out that photo and display it in your bathroom. Not that we’ve ever done that or anything.

2. Amy
    October 12, 2009 | 9:33 am

LOL! Oh dear…the potty shot…nice! Thanks for the laugh!
    New to your blog! Neat-O! I like, I like!

Happy Monday!

3. Kristin Mikarts
    October 12, 2009 | 11:04 am

The poor peanut! His face cracks me up and breaks my heart – all at once. Sorry ’bout his luck… but glad you had the camera, it will make a nice “blackmail” photo when he is a older!

4. Stephanie
    October 12, 2009 | 12:26 pm

These always make me smile 🙂

5. Leeann
    October 12, 2009 | 12:36 pm

I would have totally done the same thing. What great pictures!

6. Kelli
    October 12, 2009 | 12:47 pm

what cute pictures!

7. Shannon
    October 12, 2009 | 1:32 pm

Oh man! Poor little guy. I feel bad that I giggled when I saw the picture. P.S. I would have run to grab my camera as well 🙂

♥ Happy Monday! ♥

8. kim
    October 12, 2009 | 2:57 pm

Poor little guy! I have a question for you… I caught a post where you talked about bedtimes and how your younger children nap, and I was wondering with so many how do you get them to go to sleep? I have trouble with my two, and they don’t even share a room.

9. Suzanne
    October 12, 2009 | 3:24 pm

Now he will never be potty trained!!!!

10. Sarah
    October 12, 2009 | 3:24 pm

Poor little guy! He will love those pictures later in life…

11. Candice
    October 12, 2009 | 7:00 pm

Ha! SO funny! I know: you feel torn between rescuing the poor thing and getting it saved for posterity. 🙂

12. Chick Hatchers
    October 12, 2009 | 9:55 pm

I, too, have had to consider calling the fire department to help a child out of a tree. I was more afraid, though, that in hr panic, she would fall and the fire department wouldn’t make it. Once I was able to help her calm down, she could follow my instructions to climb down. A few days later, we were right back there again going through the same thing!

The only thing better than a picture of kid falling into the toilet is when the automatic flushing toilets flush with an in-training kid sitting on the potty. Add one with sensory issues and the kid comes flying off the toilet and out of the stall faster than you could even think of grabbing a camera. Both heart-breaking and hilarious at the same time.

It sure isn’t easy being a kid, is it?

13. Gapgirl
    October 13, 2009 | 9:10 am

Oh my!!! This is hysterical. SO something I would do too!!! (take pictures before rescuing)
    XoxoGapGirl

14. Kate
    October 13, 2009 | 9:13 am

Oh my! Your poor little one all stuck in the toilet like that! Poor sweetie! 🙂

15. Lisa
    October 13, 2009 | 10:36 am

My oldest got stuck in a crock pot when she was about Nick’s age…I gave her a cookie to calm her down, so I could snap a picture before I rescued her. The photo shows her teary eyed with a cookie in her hand. So Cute!
    Your two youngest boys remind me of my two oldest sons when they were little.

16. Young Wife
    October 13, 2009 | 1:02 pm

Tee hee! Glad you and your husband got to go to the football game.

17. TrenchMommy
    October 13, 2009 | 1:51 pm

Kimberly! This is FUNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Love it!

18. Brandie
    October 13, 2009 | 2:07 pm

I am dying! I just commented on Holly’s blog about how our moms would never have taken pictures of those kind of moments. But we sure do and share them with the world. hahaha!!

19. Andrea
    October 13, 2009 | 2:21 pm

Those pictures are too funny. Do save them. I’m sure his future bride would love to see those.

20. Lauren
    October 13, 2009 | 2:29 pm

So funny!! Kids are the best 🙂

Raising Olives Reply:

Thanks you all. For the record, as soon as I picked him up he started talking and laughing, the little stinker. The wails were mostly for show.

Great picture Michelle!

Brandie- My mom actually has a picture of me stuck in the bottom drawer of a dresser. Dad mentioned scanning it into a computer so I can show you all where I get such awful tendencies from. 🙂

21. Tara
    October 13, 2009 | 2:59 pm

Oh poor little guy but way to go mom with the quick picture taking reflex! Thanks for contributing to my community forum.

22. Jenny in Ca
    October 15, 2009 | 10:24 pm

oh wow, that has got to be one of the funniest photos I’ve seen! How cool that you caught that on camera!

23. Helen
    October 20, 2009 | 6:13 pm

This is TOO FUNNY!!!

So glad you have a blog and had the presence of mind to utilize the photo op 🙂

Lucy

24. tricia
    December 1, 2009 | 12:21 am

Oh my, oh my. Does this photo bring back memories of one of my babyies. Poor little thing. I have to admit to laughing right out loud in spite of his sad little face.

And I have to admit running for the camera in spite of his sad little face. Funny thing, as soon as I pulled him out he was all smiles and running around. I think he secretly enjoys being the star of the show.

25. renee alberts
    December 26, 2010 | 11:29 pm

When I was young, I got my hand stuck in an olives jar, and yes, my mother ran for the camera, but this is priceless.