When I Goof

I generally try to compose multiple posts as I have time and then post one each day so there is something here on Raising Olives for you to read every day, rather than 5 posts on one day and none for the rest of the week.

When I finish working on my post there are several buttons on the right hand side of my computer screen that I can choose from, one is to save as a draft and another is to publish the post.  Every once in a while, especially when I’m trying to do more than one thing at a time I click on the wrong button and publish a post that is not finished or that I’m not yet ready to publish.

Now, while I can un-publish the post without a problem, it doesn’t prevent it from going out via RSS feed, which means that all the blogrolls and blog readers are updated with my new post that is no longer.  Then some of you come visit only to get an error message that the post you are looking for doesn’t exist.  When the truth is that it does exist, I’m just not quite ready for you to read it.

So consider this my apology for publishing and then un-publishing posts and making a mess of every one’s blogroll. 🙂  And uh, hi, glad that you came to visit anyway.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

9 Responses to When I Goof
  1. Tristan from the Crew
    October 4, 2009 | 10:53 pm

Ha! I’ve done that too…

Now we just have something to look forward to!

2. Celee
    October 4, 2009 | 11:44 pm

The button that really scares me is the one that says delete blog. I just know one of these days I’m going to hit that by mistake, or one of the kids will and then it will all be over. I just couldn’t face starting over again!

3. tara
    October 5, 2009 | 1:06 am

You are so sweet!

4. Jennifer Von
    October 5, 2009 | 1:37 am

Hilarious – we all have done it. Haven’t we?!

5. Mama Mirage
    October 5, 2009 | 3:37 am

Lol! Glad I’m not the only one who does that! Hehe…

6. Sidnie
    October 5, 2009 | 3:37 am

It’s ok.
    I did the same thing this morning!

7. Dawn
    October 5, 2009 | 8:47 am

Been there – done that. I totally understand. At least there is a way to unpost, sometimes I wish we had that ability in real life.

Raising Olives Reply:

Celee – Yes, the delete blog button scares me. I do periodically backup my blog, but not periodically enough. 🙂

Dawn – I would love an “unpost” button in real life.

I have some fun posts coming up this week and next!

8. Mandy
    October 6, 2009 | 9:10 pm

Judging by everyone’s comments, you can’t call yourself a real blogger until you’ve done this. I did it yesterday afternoon – decided to unpublish the post and reschedule for this morning. This afternoon I spent at least 20 minutes wondering why the tweet message didn’t go out this morning when it posted again – duh … have it set not to tweet updates. Oh well!