Cranberry Pie Recipe

This is a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving.  Our daughter Sadie (6) made this Cranberry Pie to take to our Reformation party and it was so good that we will be making it again for Thanksgiving and maybe even Christmas.

cranberry pie, thankgiving, recipe

cranberry pie, thankgiving, recipe

Cranberry Pie

3/4 cup sugar
1 TBL cornstarch
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup water
2 TBL grated orange rind
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 cups fresh cranberries
2 TBL butter
2 tsp sugar
pastry for double-crust 9″ pie

Combine sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup, water and orange rind in a saucepan.  Mix well and bring to a boil.  Stir in raisins, pecans and cranberries.  Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes (the cranberry skins should pop).  Remove from heat and stir in butter.  Cool completely without stirring.

Spoon filling into pie shell.  Then create a lattice top with the other half of the crust.  Sprinkle with sugar and bake at 400 for 40 minutes.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

7 Responses to Cranberry Pie Recipe
  1. the inadvertent farmer
    November 5, 2009 | 1:46 pm

That sounds scrumptious! My favorite all time pie is raisin pie so I think I might just love this, the sweet of the raisins and the tart of the cranberries is a great combo. Thanks for sharing! Kim

2. TrenchMommy
    November 5, 2009 | 2:30 pm

I need a picture! Is it like a jello pie type of thing?

Raising Olives Reply:

Sorry no picture. We pulled it out of the oven and ran to the party that we thought started at 5:30 and we discovered at 4:30 that it actually started at 5.

It had the consistency/texture of a cherry pie. Lots of whole cranberries, raisins and nuts, but with a jell-type sauce. Maybe I’ll convince Sadie to make another one and get pictures.

3. Anita Chamblee
    November 5, 2009 | 10:19 pm

I love cooking with cranberries. My favorite is a cranberry apple crunch that is delicious with a good vanilla ice cream….. Almost as good as chocolate!

Last year I bought several pounds of fresh cranberries for 33 cents a pound (reduced after Thanksgiving at Kroger) I still have a good many and we have been enjoying them all year. They freeze great!

4. Amy
    November 6, 2009 | 11:22 am

Yum! I will put this in our to try list! THANKS! 🙂

5. Mama Bird
    November 7, 2009 | 6:47 pm

Will definitely be trying this out! Thanks for a new way to use cranberries – my favorite fruit!

6. Deirdre
    June 7, 2010 | 12:09 am

Yum! The New England girl in me wants to try this pie. I wonder if I can sub in honey for corn syrup. I tried this recently w/ pecan pie. It worked well, however the flavor was slightly different and although the filling was firm the consistancy was slightly different.