Cranberry Pretzel Dip Recipe

This recipe has become one of our Thanksgiving traditions.  I first made it shortly after our marriage and its sweet, tangy combination has us hooked.  It’s really much better than it sounds.

Paired with pretzels it is a delicious, fat-free snack option.

1 can (16 oz) jellied cranberry sauce (of course you can always make your own)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp pepper
1TBL flour
1 TBL cold water

Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan and whisk over medium heat until smooth.  Combine flour and cold water then add to cranberry mixture.  Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes.  Transfer to a serving bowl and cover and chill overnight.

This can be made ahead of time (we’re making ours for Thanksgiving today) to ease last minute prep.

I’m not a great cook, but I have gathered some delicious recipes and they’re almost all fast and easy!  You can view all of my posted recipes here.

Share on Facebook3Pin on Pinterest1Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

13 Responses to Cranberry Pretzel Dip Recipe
  1. Carrie
    November 21, 2009 | 10:35 am

Way off Topic, but Congrats on the win over at Design Dazzle…that was how I found you…those rain gutter bookshelves were very clever and innovative.
    C~

Thank you Carrrie! I can hardly believe that I won. Some of my family are going to be receiving some lovely Christmas gifts.

2. Kris @ Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
    November 23, 2009 | 7:48 pm

I might have to try that. I’m not a fan of cranberry sauce, but somehow I’ve wound up with a can. I know I won’t eat it straight, so I’m willing to give the dip a try.

If you try it, let me know what you think. It’s become one of our favorites!

3. Jenny in Ca
    November 24, 2009 | 6:28 pm

ohh, this looks good, and easy. I like easy.
    thanks, going to try this…and it’s probably better than just dipping the pretzels in chocolate…

Well, chocolate is always good. 😉

4. Leann
    November 25, 2009 | 2:42 pm

ok, trying this today – but it says combine first 7 ingredients in saucepan, but there are only 7 total. I am assuming it means first 5, hope it works.

You are right, combine the first 5. I’ll change the post later. 🙂

Let me know if you like it.

Leann Reply:

I know this is a little late, but we did love this dip. I made it last season a number of time, and was just looking it up to make it again for this season. Thanks for the yummy, but easy, reacipe. I am having a Shutterfly Making Spirits Brighter House Party this weekend, and want to serve it there.

5. tricia
    December 1, 2009 | 12:14 am

My kids will love this cranberry did. They eat pretzels with almost everything. Can’t wait to try it.

Let me know if you all like it as much as we do.

6. Family Traditions: 4 Moms | Raising Olives
    November 11, 2010 | 8:15 am

[…] traditional menu of goodies to eat with leftover turkey sandwiches when it’s time for dinner (Cranberry Pretzel Dip and homemade  Heath Bars make this list).  The big kids have learned to save room, but usually […]

7. Meghan V.
    November 19, 2010 | 9:50 am

About how many does this serve? And do you use the stick pretzels or the tied?