Thankful Tree Project

We aren’t doing a ton of decorating this year for Thanksgiving, but I did want to incorporate a Thankful Tree.  As the month wore on I wasn’t sure we would get to it.

The idea is to create a tree and on each leaf to write something for which you are thankful.  Often families will start a thankful tree at the beginning of November and have each person add a leaf to it each day.  It’s a great way to help all of us get into the habit of being more thankful.

We obviously didn’t begin at the beginning of the month, but this morning I saw this post with leaf printables at Robin’s Heart of Wisdom Blog and knew that it would be quick and easy enough to pull off even with my limited energy.

Thanksgiving Tree CraftThanksgiving Tree Craft Close upOur thankful tree is rather large, too big to fit into a picture, but it turned out so cute and the children enjoyed the project and are thrilled with the finished result.  I appreciate simple craft projects that allow us to spend time talking while our hands are busy creating something.  This was project was super easy to include even the youngest children.  Nicholas (1) made a thankful leaf, thanking God for “Mommy’s lap”, a place where he spends a significant amount of time these days.

Me? I’m thankful for my amazing family and the blessing of spending time with them.  Thank you Lord!

Hope that you all have a blessed Thanksgiving and are able to reflect on all that our God has done for us.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest7Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

17 Responses to Thankful Tree Project
  1. Young Wife
    November 24, 2009 | 2:50 pm

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

2. Tristan from the Crew
    November 24, 2009 | 3:16 pm

We do one every year, but after the first year of cutting out all those leaves we swiftly changed to a poster that we draw leaves onto, on the tree, falling, and in piles around the base.

This year the kids wanted a palm tree and the blessings are going on coconuts around the tree…LOL.

Drawing leaves on is a good idea and would certainly make the project go more quickly.

3. TrenchMommy
    November 24, 2009 | 3:52 pm

That is really sweet! I think I have that same vase, too! 🙂 Tell Nick to enjoy your lap while he can! I might copy you…with this tree, that is!

That vase was a wedding gift.

The tree was a lot of fun, let me know if you do it.

4. Kathi
    November 24, 2009 | 4:17 pm

What a great, easy craft for tomorrow!

I see you found Heart of Wisdom…what do ya think?

Hope your family has a good Thanksgiving!

– Kathi

I haven’t had a lot of time to explore, but LOVE what I’ve read so far.

5. Missy
    November 24, 2009 | 4:37 pm

That looks like a great idea. I need to pull together some last minute ideas. Congratulations too on your sweet baby!!! Missy in Cleveland, TN

Thanks Missy.

6. the inadvertent farmer
    November 24, 2009 | 6:17 pm

We did something like your tree last week, yes we have a lot to be thankful for. I hope you and yours have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! Kim

7. Joy
    November 24, 2009 | 9:09 pm

So much fun!!! Elaina is home from school the rest of the week so maybe we’ll be able to make one tomorrow to keep ourselves from all going stir crazy and nuts.

8. Amy
    November 24, 2009 | 9:52 pm

Your tree is looking GREAT!

9. celee
    November 25, 2009 | 12:06 am

I love it! I hate crafts, but I love how non-crafty this looks and what a blessing! I’m headed to heart of wisdom now.

10. celee
    November 26, 2009 | 12:00 am

Thank you so much for the great idea and link! We did one today and I just blogged about it. I thank God for you, Kimberly. You are such an encouragement to me!

Thank you. You’ve been a big encouragement to me also.

11. Becky
    November 26, 2009 | 10:13 pm

What a cute idea! I will have to try this next year:)

Stopping by from blogfrog!

12. MERI
    September 30, 2012 | 12:53 am

love this idea year round.. count your blessing!