90 Day Challenge: Day 17

This will be a quick update post because tomorrow I am guest posting the Day 18 check-in at Mom’s Toolbox.  My post will be about how we incorporate our whole family into our Bible reading time and what that looks like.  So for a peak into our house during the early morning hours head over to Mom’s Toolbox tomorrow, read my post, leave a comment and link up your 90 Day Challenge  updates!

I LOVED the readings this week and am very sad to be finished with Deuteronomy, but excited to be moving on to Joshua.

This week I messed up.  I failed in a goal that I had set for myself.  One of my goals in this 90 day challenge was not just to read through the Bible in 90 days, but to read my Bible every. single. day. Whether I read the whole reading or not, I wanted to read every day, no excuses.  However, on Wednesday of this week I didn’t do what I set out to do.  I went the whole day without reading the Bible.  There is no excuse, just a new day to do it right. 🙂

I am currently caught up again and really enjoying the reading time.  Our children and Mark are also all caught up, but that’s not to say that we all haven’t been behind at times.  Having multiple people in the house doing it together really helps make us more accountable.

I’d love to hear how you are doing.  Are you caught up? Struggling? Have you dropped out or are you considering giving up?  Please leave a comment on this post and let me know how you are doing so that our family is better able to pray for your specific needs.

If you’d like to link up your 90 Day Challenge post please do that, but don’t forget to link up at Amy’s tomorrow as well.  I enjoy reading how you all are doing, thanks for your participation, honesty and encouragement.

1. Nicki
2. Dawn @ Olive Plants
3. Alice @ Blessed Mummy to 4 Precious Little Ones
4. Celee
5. Hollie

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

29 Responses to 90 Day Challenge: Day 17
  1. Alene
    January 17, 2010 | 9:34 am

I’ve struggled this week ~ stayed pretty consistently half a day behind. There are WAY more empty boxes than checked off boxes on my schedule – feels kind of overwhelming at the moment. 🙁

But I am continuing. If I don’t get the reading done in the morning, then I am sunk, and it’s pretty hard to do two days worth of reading in the window I have in the morning. So I may remain half a day behind for a number of days before I am able to get caught back up. I’m so thankful for this online ‘support group’. Such a blessing knowing you are praying for ME; really helps me dig in! Bless you!!! 🙂

It’s great that you’re staying half a day behind, that’s keeping up. Just keep going!

I’m with you on the morning thing. 🙂

Oh and I recently alphabetized my list of participants and you are the very first person I pray for each day.

Alene Reply:

Caught up! Finished the last chapter from yesterday in bed last night, and at 6:15 this morning I finished today’s reading!! The Lord woke me up a little earlier than usual today, so I was able to finish it in good time. Thank You, Lord!

And thank you, Kimberly, for praying for me. How humbling – and encouraging – to know that you pray for me by name every day. “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you…!”

2. Nicki
    January 17, 2010 | 2:47 pm

I am behind in my readings, but I am just so proud of myself that I am DOING THIS! I’ve never read the bible before…..attempted, but got nowhere! I am simply reading it….not pressuring myself to try and understand it all! I am learning so much and am looking for ideas on how to bring this knowledge to my kids. They are 7,4,2, and 4 months….Any suggestions?

Good for you, just keep going. It’s amazing how motivating children can be.

3. valerie
    January 17, 2010 | 3:23 pm

Kim, I am loving this challenge. Even more than I thought I possibly could. I do have to admit, I struggled through a lot of Numbers and Deuteronomy though. Not the reading aspect, but the understanding part. I kept saying in my heart “why God? Why did it have to be that way? Did you really command that?” But as guilty as I felt for those questions, I have learned so much about God’s holiness through it. Truly the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. I feel like, even though I struggled with it, seeing God in all His glory, wrath and all, has given me so much of a better understanding of our Great and Glorious God.

One thing that I try to remember when I read the Bibl that where it rubs me the wrong way, my thinking or understanding is what is wrong, not God’s nature or His Word.

I’m so glad that you are enjoying this challenge, me too!

4. GapGirl
    January 17, 2010 | 3:30 pm

YAAA!!! Keep going. Im praying and rooting for all of you on this challenge. Again, I enjoyed the update and the honesty. My challenge pales in comparison to yours but we had a couple of fall behind days ourselves. But we don’t focus on how much we have fallen, we just pick up and go… that thinking makes a world of difference for us!!! I find the more I read, the more I want to read and the more I learn. Its such an eye opener. I look forward to reading your post tomorrow.
    XoxoGapGirl

Thank you!

5. celee
    January 17, 2010 | 4:12 pm

It’s going well. I’m trying to stay 2 days ahead because my Tuesdays and Wednesdays I have back to back Bible studies and church Wed night. Like you said about Wed not reading, that is my fear, so I want to be prepared in case I get overwhelmed and don’t get to it. So far that hasn’t happened, but I want to be ready. I love doing this challenge with my husband! It’s been fun talking about what we’re learning together.

Keep up the good work. It’s so nice to be doing this with someone that lives in your home.

6. Jenny
    January 17, 2010 | 4:39 pm

So inspired by you!!! Thanks again for doing this- we start our 6-month read through today- thanks to you!!!!!

Good for you. Let us know how you’re doing.

7. genevieve
    January 17, 2010 | 7:42 pm

I am really enjoying this challenge- I got a little behind at the beginning when I was on holidays but I’m all caught up now 🙂

Yay, for getting caught up.

8. jeana
    January 18, 2010 | 10:04 am

I’m still a little bit behind, but I will NOT give up. I love this far too much to quit, it has been a major blessing!

Glad that you are enjoying this. You can get caught up!

9. Alice
    January 18, 2010 | 10:48 am

I got behind this week but I chose to not overload myself and allow myself to miss two days at the beginning of the week preparing for my 2-year-old’s birthday on Tuesday. I read for 5 hours straight on Wednesday evening and caught up! 🙂 I don’t plan to get behind again, but I think if something like illness or a birthday comes up, I will give myself a little grace and commit to catching up asap.

I wrote a lengthy update about this week’s reading at my blog, and linked in the Mr. Linky so I won’t repeat myself ad infinitum here! 😉

Praying that you’ll meet your goals this week! Don’t feel too hard on yourself!

Wow, that is some catching up. Thank you for your encouragement.

10. Stephanie
    January 18, 2010 | 12:51 pm

I am way behind, I was supposed to do this with my husband, but maybe I will just do it alone, getting it scheduled is just not happening at the moment. Ahhh.

Just try to figure out what will work for you. For me it has to be mornings, but I know a lot of people can’t do it then. If you’re too overwhelmed to catch up, just re-adjust your end date and stick with that. Otherwise, catch up a bit each day.

You CAN do this!!!

11. taygirl
    January 18, 2010 | 3:34 pm

Thanks everyone for posting your comments. I can relate to many of them. I agree with asking whaaat? That doesn’t make sense. Why would God require this then and that now? I am thank-ful that although my concetration is usually pretty poor, there have been times when it has been better than it has been in years. There were times when I would leave off and pick up again and wonder if I had already read the passage because it sounded familiar. There is alot of repetition. I am really enjoying this pace. Wow, we have already read through the entire pentatuech!
    blessings,
    t

I’m thankful and rejoicing with you!

12. Jolanthe
    January 18, 2010 | 5:29 pm

I’m actually ahead…but thankful for that. The next few days promise to be rather hectic, so I’m sure I’ll be taking advantage of my buffer. 🙂

Thanks for checking in Jolanthe. My hubby is taking your approach of getting ahead for when the days get too busy.

13. Chantelle
    January 18, 2010 | 7:33 pm

Thank you for your words of encouragement, they help a lot. Even though I am enjoying myself, I find myself falling behind, then catching up, then falling behind…. My mom is participating in the challenge with other members of our family and it is so hilarious, she was so afraid of falling behind, she has been reading ahead like crazy, she is already reading in Luke. My brother-in-law said that we need to hide her Bible. 🙂 LOL!

Wow, your mom needs a new challenge just for her, The 20 Day Challenge.

Thanks!

14. stacy
    January 19, 2010 | 12:49 am

I’m still caught but this has definitely been a harder challenge than I thought it would be!

Good for you for keeping up. Praying it gets easier and easier.