90 Day Challenge: Day 31

This will be a brief update because I’m behind ( a couple of days).  No reason, except that I did not prioritize properly.  God in His mercy has given me the perfect opportunity to catch up.  Our church services have been canceled today because of snow, so I’ll spend the day snuggled in front of the fire with my family around me and get back on track.

To keep myself accountable, I will update this post when I’m caught up again, no later than midnight tonight!  I’d love your prayers.

Edited to add: I’m caught up.  I plan to get a bit ahead this week since I’ll be attending BlissDom Thursday – Saturday.  I’m thankful that 2 of my room mates are also participating (actually Amy is the one who is organizing/hosting the whole 90 Day Challenge), but I still would rather be ahead than to fall behind again.

If you haven’t already done so, now is the time to add dates to your reading schedule so that you won’t get lost on what you should be reading each day.

Now it’s time for you to let us know how you’re doing.  I hope you’re doing better than I am.  :)

If you don’t have a blog or would prefer not to post, please leave a comment updating us so that our family can continue praying for you as you continue this endeavor.

Be sure to check in tomorrow at Mom’s Toolbox and link your post up there as well.  Also, Amy offers some good insights and helps throughout the week, so don’t just visit on Monday.

Facebook0Pinterest0EmailTwitter0

13 Responses to 90 Day Challenge: Day 31
  1. GapGirl
    January 31, 2010 | 1:20 pm

Don’t sweat it, you will catch up!!!!

2. Celee
    January 31, 2010 | 2:23 pm

Glad to know you’re human, Kimberly :) I got behind a day last week, too, but was able to catch up Thursday night. My husband ended up getting like 6 days behind and I’m so proud of him, he’s caught up to within a couple of days. He’s been working so hard to catch up. Our trip was tough for him since he did the driving and the wedding. Anyway, we’re back on track now and I know you will be soon. I did an update a couple of days ago so I’ll add my link above.

3. Nicki
    January 31, 2010 | 4:46 pm

I’m behind, and I’m not going to stress about catching up unless it just works out. “Keeping up’ is my goal. But I’m really enjoying it!

4. Michelle
    February 1, 2010 | 12:50 am

Thanks Kimberly for this challenge. I am behind, but I’m am halfway through Numbers and continue on my mission to finish the race – even if it takes me 180 days instead of 90! Blessings to you and your family.
    Michelle

I agree with you. The goal is to finish reading the Bible, not the number of days it takes to do it.

5. Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads
    February 1, 2010 | 2:09 am

Glad you were able to have a chance to get caught up. Thank you for the encouragement and prayers. Blessings!

6. genevieve
    February 1, 2010 | 6:48 am

Right now I’m 6 days behind. I’m going to have to do some serious catching up in the next few days, but I’m proud of myself for coming this far and I’m definately not giving it up any time soon :)

7. Alene
    February 1, 2010 | 10:36 am

Got behind on Saturday – no reason but my own poor decisions. Got caught up on Sunday! No reason but God’s everlasting mercies made manifest in my weakness.

Past the 1/3 mark, and pressing on….

8. Stephanie
    February 1, 2010 | 2:32 pm

Must have been the week – I fell behind also. We were on vacation and I did well the first few days but then lost it. I don’t see any time to actually catch up in my future BUT my goal is actually just to finish. Even if it is in 95 days instead…

9. Stephanie
    February 1, 2010 | 4:39 pm

“Be strong and of good courage!” That’s what I wrote about today. So be encouraged! Don’t look at getting behind as failing. I also wrote about that a little too. Just pick yourself back up, and begin reading where you left off. We all hit those bumps in the road (read: my bump was the whole weekend) but God’s mercies are new and He knows our hearts!

10. Alice
    February 1, 2010 | 7:28 pm

I didn’t finish today’s reading so I am behind now, but will catch up tomorrow. Otherwise on track and loving the journey! :) My post is in Mr. Linky!

11. Alice
    February 1, 2010 | 7:30 pm

And I forgot to say – well done for catching up today! Good effort! :) Hope you have a great time at BlissDom this week!

12. Kimberly @ Raising Olives
    February 3, 2010 | 10:25 am

Thank you all and keep up the great work!!