The Baby Bump

Let me assure you, posting a picture of my tenth time pregnant belly was NOT my idea.  As a matter of fact when I asked Amber (13) to take the picture she gasped, “You’re not going to post that on the blog are you?”

However, I aim to please and Holly who blogs at Victoriously Organized Woman and is expecting her sixth son (6 boys!), wondered if I would post pictures of my baby bump (and that is all it is, just baby, don’t forget it  🙂 ).

I also wish to be honest and Holly said that it was an inspiration that after 9 children I was still in regular clothes at 15 weeks.  I don’t want to inspire or discourage unnecessarily so please realize that my regular clothes after having 9 children are not the same ‘regular’ clothes that I wore before having kids.   KWIM?

Amber  took this picture yesterday so I was 16 weeks 4 days.  (Let me tell you, if I’m going to post a picture of my stomach while pregnant with my tenth child for more than a thousand people whom I don’t know to see, I’m at least going to get credit for every. single. day. of this pregnancy.)

For complete and full disclosure since I do tend to pull my stomach in (at least until the end of pregnancy when I push my stomach out to try to prevent the baby from kicking something vital) here is another picture where I just let it all hang out (that sounds a bit scary, doesn’t it).

So anyone else want to join me?  I know that a lot of you are pregnant.  Post a picture of your baby bump and leave your link here so we can all ooh and aaah at how cute you look.  (Besides it is a super easy post with no thinking necessary.)

Please feel free to leave me an ooh and aah comment, I’ll take anything that I can get.

Share on Facebook4Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

63 Responses to The Baby Bump
  1. Stephanie
    January 28, 2010 | 9:25 am

No baby, yet, but you look great! Cute shirt, too! 🙂

2. Tammy
    January 28, 2010 | 9:46 am

I think you look fantastic! And I love your shirt!

3. Smockity Frocks
    January 28, 2010 | 9:53 am

You have got to be kidding me! That’s what I look like on a good day after a bowl of Grape nuts!

According to the doctor’s scales, the baby I am carrying weighs precisely 21 pounds, and I’m only 22 weeks!

You always make me laugh!

Amber must have done better at my request to “please make me look skinny” than I thought. Trust me, the weight is there. 🙁

4. Rachelle
    January 28, 2010 | 9:54 am

You are so cute ! You look great. My tenth baby is 7 months old and for the record my left over bump looks like yours! and there is nothing in there yet! You earned that bump! Love the shirt. and woohoo to still wearing ” regular” clothes. If I may… where do you get you tops from? I always have such a hard time finding tops. Congrats on baby #10 .. babies are such a wonderful gift from the Lord.

Blessings-
    Rachelle

I know what you mean, I’ll still have this a looooong time postpartum.

This is a top that I just purchased to go to BlissDom. I found it at Kohl’s, but it’s a regular top, not maternity.

I’m also having a hard time finding tops this pregnancy. I radically purged my maternity wardrobe after my last pregnancy so I need a few more things.

5. Jenny
    January 28, 2010 | 10:22 am

I am sitting here with my jaw on the floor!!!! I have NEVER looked like that at 17 weeks pregnant- amazing! I’m already cringing at the thought of having to wear shorts just after I give birth in about 13 weeks to #8!! GOOD FOR YOU! You will be so happy to have a new baby AND a great figure 😉 BTW, I’m working on a blog post to nominate you for a blog award- come on over to pick it up!!!

There must be magic in that top or else my weight is spread everywhere else (likely). I’m not little, trust me.

I stopped wearing shorts after my 7th baby so you’re braver than I. 🙂

6. Chantelle
    January 28, 2010 | 10:29 am

You look great and I love the top!! Your post made me laugh out loud. 🙂

7. GapGirl
    January 28, 2010 | 10:42 am

Aww, I wish I could join you in the baby bump picture… although after 6 pregnancies and 5 kids… I probably could fool many of you in believing I had a “bump” too LOL 😉

8. Kim
    January 28, 2010 | 10:58 am

Oh, How I wish I had a baby bump to post a picture of! But I think my baby bump days are behind me, not literally, although it may look like it, lol! God has blessed us with 6 cherished babies (2 angels in heaven) and now I am praying for my hubby to feel the nudge towards adoption.
    Is that cute top one of your fabulous yard sale finds? Have a GREAT day!

This made me laugh. Yes, I briefly considered titling this post “Baby Bumps” which would also have been accurate, but wasn’t sure everyone would catch it.

9. thesleepyknitter
    January 28, 2010 | 12:12 pm

You are so funny! A gift of humor is a gift to everyone. LOVE that shirt! Blessings.

I’m saving this comment to show my husband, he says I have no sense of humor! 🙂

10. Mrs. White
    January 28, 2010 | 12:22 pm

You are so little!!!

What a cute thing to write about!

Blessings
    Mrs. White

11. Sandpiper
    January 28, 2010 | 12:33 pm

I do have a baby bump to post, but I’ll have to come back and do it later! I just wanted to say that that’s such a cute top you’re wearing!

12. Rachel @ Busy Mommy Media
    January 28, 2010 | 1:12 pm

You are too cute! I’m not pregnant but I still look bigger than you after only 4 kids. Congrats!

13. Laryssa @ Heaven In The Home
    January 28, 2010 | 1:18 pm

You look great!

14. Stephanie
    January 28, 2010 | 1:28 pm

Thanks for posting, you are too cute.

15. Elisabeth
    January 28, 2010 | 1:29 pm

Ah! You’re so tiny! I’m 11 weeks with my first child and I’m HUGE!

16. Christin
    January 28, 2010 | 1:31 pm

Oh I wish I had a bump to share! I’m only 7 weeks, 4 days…nothing there but a little leftover pooch from my previous pregnancies.

You are cute, though! Thank you for sharing! 🙂

I also have that left over pooch. It’s sometimes hard to convince the children that there is not ANOTHER baby in there after the baby is born.

Hope you’re feeling well.

17. Karin Katherine
    January 28, 2010 | 1:36 pm

I wish I was pregnant to post a pic!
    You are my hero with 10. I would love to have 6—just 6….but alas we have been blessed with 4 and I’m grateful for that.

18. Mary Jo
    January 28, 2010 | 1:43 pm

You look absolutely adorable! :o) Baby bumps are so sweet. I would love to have a baby bump to show off before too long…baby #1 is turning 1 next month!

19. JenT
    January 28, 2010 | 1:46 pm

I love it! Wish I could be so cute with a #10 baby (actually wish I were expecting a #10). 🙂

You never know when that might happen. 🙂

20. Kristina
    January 28, 2010 | 2:07 pm

Kudos to you! I must say I am excited that I am not yet pregnant with number 4. I am hoping to put at least 18 months in between this one and the next one! I promise if a number 4 comes along though, I will def. post pics!!

21. Allyson
    January 28, 2010 | 3:18 pm

You look great at only 16 weeks! Good for you!

22. Jama
    January 28, 2010 | 3:47 pm

OK, so this is a post I never thought I would see from you. Blogging has def. brought a new meaning to the word “transparent” for you. 🙂 You look great though and should feel great having so many people tell you so. Be sure to go back and read this post when you are 39 weeks! It will make you feel good.:-)

Buying maternity clothes these days is the pits. I told Brian based on what is available in the maternity stores, I am WAY too old to keep having babies. (Thank goodness for eBay!) Let me know if you want to borrow some clothes.

23. Holly Nelson
    January 28, 2010 | 4:05 pm

You look absolutely great!! You are being too humble. I hope I look that great with my 10th, Lord willing! thanks for posting! I love baby bellies!

24. Lisa
    January 28, 2010 | 4:21 pm

I think pregnant bellies are BEAUTIFUL! What I don’t like is when my thighs get huge and my back side has “reverb” when I walk.
    I should have said all that in past tense I suppose…I have other poeple giving birth to my darling babies nowdays…Grandmas don’t have to do the gestation part. You look beautiful! Even if we just saw your belly.

25. Megan
    January 28, 2010 | 4:25 pm

You look wonderful! Baby bump pics are so fun, thanks for sharing! I’ve loved capturing pictures each week (this is my first baby) – hopefully I’ll be just as excited for any other pregnancies the Lord blesses us with!

26. Mama Mirage
    January 28, 2010 | 4:31 pm

Oh wow you’re so tiny! My baby bump is that big at about 10 weeks with my previous pregnancies. Then add on the extra padding… I could pass for 6 months along right now and I’m only 7.5 weeks. So I think I’ll pass on sharing my pic… I’m not brave enough to show my fat roll/baby bump with skinny people! Lol!

27. Sandpiper
    January 28, 2010 | 5:35 pm

I posted my ‘baby bump’, but I can’t see where to link it, so I’ll leave my link here: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Sandpiper/761412/
    Blessings!

28. Danielle
    January 28, 2010 | 7:19 pm

Here’s my bump…c-section already scheduled for June 11.

29. Jenny
    January 28, 2010 | 8:58 pm

Ok, I’m sure I will regret this, but here’s my bump as well- http://zachsgang.blogspot.com/2010/01/baby-bump.html

30. Kristin
    January 28, 2010 | 9:38 pm

Aaawww…thanks for sharing. :} I was not blessed with a pregnancy, but am so blessed with 2 daughters, and am so thankful for them.

I love how God chooses to bless His people (parents and children) through adoption.

31. Phoebe @ Cents to Get Debt Free
    January 28, 2010 | 9:51 pm

I’m jealous! You look awesome for being as far along as you are after having 9 kids. This is my 4th, and good heavens–my belly made itself known fast!

I’ve linked my baby bump, but let me just say this–Objects in photo are SMALLER than they appear. I must have been crazy bloated when Kait snapped the picture. 🙂

32. Emily
    January 28, 2010 | 9:58 pm

You look AWESOME! ESPECIALLY for the 10th pregnancy. I have had three pregnancies (four children) and had a hysterectomy YESTERDAY. My bump is still bigger than your bump!

I love the shirt by the way!

Thank you!

Take it easy and enjoy your time off of work to recover. Don’t push it!

33. Adrienne Gray
    January 28, 2010 | 10:11 pm

Wow – we’re exactly the same gest. age…. I’m 16w 4days today! My bump is buried in our message boards behind login, which I can’t really give a link for, but we did a feature on a friend of ours who chronicled her bump week by week… http://www.themomtographers.com/index.php/features/articles/item/166-belly-bliss

Fun, we’re pregnancy buddies!

I’m jealous of the lovely photographs that you create. I have loads of subjects, but not so much know-how.

34. Kacy
    January 28, 2010 | 11:43 pm

I haven’t gotten to check up on my blogs like usual! I enjoyed the baby bump pictures! What a good idea!

We are always sure to take plenty of pictures with each pregnancy. The kids always enjoy looking back at them and being amazed that they were actually in Mommy’s tummy!

You look great! Hope you are feeling good too!
    Kacy =)

35. Michelle in OK
    January 28, 2010 | 11:58 pm

just today my husband told me I needed to take a picture–before labor starts this time! :o) I’m due Tuesday, so we’ll see…if he’s really serious, I’ll put it in my blog and let you know!

:o)

Michelle in OK Reply:

He was serious–snapped one while I was putting lotion on the itchy spots! Excuse all the background clutter…

36. Tania @ Larger Family Life
    January 29, 2010 | 4:04 am

One of the most precious sights is that of a baby growing in it’s mummy’s tummy. Beautiful belly bump!

37. Cori Bradley
    January 29, 2010 | 9:18 am

You look cute! I am only 3 months and look that big 🙂

38. Courtney
    January 29, 2010 | 12:42 pm

What a fun linky! Aww at all the cute baby bumps!

39. Jennifer
    January 29, 2010 | 12:51 pm

Kimberly,
    First of all Congratulations! Your bump is very cute and so is the cute shirt! I love it! I love your blog too! I have gotten some very good ideas from it! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, finds and creative ideas with all of us!
    Love,
    Jennifer

Great to hear from you. I hope all is well up in the north west.

40. Kristin
    January 29, 2010 | 4:16 pm

Wish I looked that good un-pregnant!! Cute shirt too 🙂

41. Jennifer
    January 30, 2010 | 8:15 am

Kimberly,
    A friend of mine just recommended your blog to me, as my hubby and I are beginning to think that homeschooling our 3 boys (so far – Baby #4 is due on the 4th of July, we find out in 17 days just “who” is in there) may be the best choice for our family. And we are praying about it, too, since we share your viewpoint that only God’s plan will do for our family. (And isn’t His plan ALWAYS better than ours?) When I first found your site (maybe an hour ago) and looked around a little, I immediately felt a connection to you: as a sister in Christ, as the mother of a large family, as a homeschooling mom, and as a woman who (with her husband) is trusting God for her family size. And then I saw that we are both pregnant and due around the same time! Coincidence that we have so much in common? Perhaps, but ours is not a God of coincidence. I look forward to “getting to know” you and your family and learning all I can about raising a large family for Christ, and of course, about homeschooling! Sincerely, Jennifer C.

Welcome and nice to meet you. I appreciate how the internet enables us to connect and build relationships with people who are not close geographically.

I look forward to getting to know you better and if you have any specific questions that I haven’t addressed here, feel free to ask.

42. Brandie
    January 30, 2010 | 12:57 pm

I don’t see a bump. That is so not fair! That is how I look now and I am NOT pregnant. haha! You are so cute.

43. Dawna
    January 30, 2010 | 3:33 pm

You are one trendy Mama. Great shirt and I hope that someday if the Lord blesses us with 10 children to love that I look as fabulous as you. Have a blessed pregnancy!

44. Courtney
    January 31, 2010 | 9:32 am

You look so tiny!! I have only had 6 and I was much bigger than that at 16 weeks.

I’ve certainly looked bigger in other pregnancies. I’m measuring big for gestational age, but that is typical for me, so probably no twins. 🙂

45. Gen
    January 31, 2010 | 10:46 pm

I think you look amazing! and i almost wish i could join your mclinky…but baby is four months old…so not yet. 😉

46. Jodi
    February 1, 2010 | 9:59 am

Your baby bump is A-dorable Kimberly! And you deserve the ooohs and aaahs for your 10th pregnancy and lookin’ so fine! 🙂

47. Holly Nelson
    February 1, 2010 | 10:48 am

Okay, I posted a link to my 7 month baby bump!!

48. Mollly
    February 23, 2010 | 3:34 am

10 – how exciting and you look FABULOuS! Linked up my giant belly – 36 weeks.

49. Kim
    April 14, 2010 | 11:16 pm

Bump?! What bump?
    You must have posted the wrong picture ’cause I don’t see no bump!
    I think I’ll go crawl under a treadmill somewhere now…
    🙂