90 Day Challenge: Update

As many of you know I’m in Nashville this weekend at BlissDom learning more about blogging, networking, social media and making many friends.  On Saturday morning several of the bloggers participating in the 90 Day Challenge got together for coffee (or in my case tea).  We chatted about how the reading was going, what we were learning and the amazing response from our readers.

Back row L to R: Allean, Me, Toni of The Happy Housewife, Melissa of Multi-Tasking Mama, Cheryl of Advenures of a Somewhat Crunchy Mama

Front row L to R: Aubrey of Freeman Bits, Monica of Daily Dwelling,  Amy Mom’s Toolbox, Connie of Smockity Frocks and Mandy of Penny Blessings.

I knew that keeping up this weekend would be a challenge so I brought our Bible on CD with me in the car and listened to my readings on the way down to Nashville and got a little ahead.   I now have a little catching up to do, but no worries because  I have a 2 1/2 hour drive home and my CD’s are ready.

One thing that I always notice when I read the book of Job is in the very last chapter it says God blessed Job and he had double what he previously had.  It then goes on to number what he was blessed with double the amount of sheep, camels, etc. however he is blessed with 3 more daughters and 7 more sons (the same amount he had at the beginning of the book).

It always reminds me that children are an eternal gift.  Job did receive double the amount of children.  He began with 10 and then he received 10 more.  The point to me is that his first 10 children, while no longer still on earth remained part of his eternal inheritance.

I have to say that in some ways listening to someone else read the passages was helpful with my understanding.  Nehemiah was read with expression and I was simply struck with God’s amazing provision in a way that I hadn’t previously considered.

So now it’s your turn.  Please let me know how you are doing either by linking up a post or leaving me a comment.  Our family continues to pray for you daily as you follow this path of reading through His Word in 90 days.

1. Miscellaneous Musings of a 5X Mom
2. Nicki
3. Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads
4. Stephanie
5. Alice @ Blessed Mummy to 4 Precious Little Ones
6. Amy

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

Please be sure to check in tomorrow with Mom’s Toolbox.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter0

14 Responses to 90 Day Challenge: Update
  1. Celee
    February 7, 2010 | 9:37 am

I wrote my most recent update a day or so ago and focused on the theme of the influence of women that I saw through the Kings and Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther.

2. Nicki
    February 7, 2010 | 9:41 am

My CDs have helped me, too. And I agree: It’s nice to hear the expression. I listened through Leviticus (!) and it helped so much.

3. Aleta
    February 7, 2010 | 9:53 am

Would you mind sharing your audio Bible version? We got one on markdown, but the reader grates on my nerves!

My extended family and I are all getting such a kick out of your blog. It’s such an encouragement. Thank you for your work.

We use the King James Bible narrate by Alexander Scourby (Old Testament) and James Earl Jones (New Testament) we purchased through Christian Book.com. I couldn’t find the same one that we have but here is a link to one very similar (it has a different narrator for the Old Testament) KJV Complete Audio Holy Bible. This is an affiliate link, if you purchase something through this link I will earn a small commission. :)

Hope you find something that works better for you.

4. Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads
    February 7, 2010 | 8:41 pm

I too enjoy that portion of Job. Children are a gift ~ both those here on earth and those in heaven.

5. chantelle
    February 8, 2010 | 8:22 am

Thank you for your prayers. I am hanging in there. :)

6. Alene
    February 8, 2010 | 9:50 am

On track. Praise the Lord!
    Interesting to me is what happened this morning as I started reading the Psalms. I have read silently all along – except for some of the lists of names where I became aware I was kind of glossing over them as my eyes glazed over. I disciplined myself to read those aloud – or to warp and butcher them aloud, which I think is much more accurate! :-) But this morning as I settled in to Psalm 1, I found myself reading aloud. (That’s the passage our Keepers at Home group memorized this year ~ it’s an old friend to me.) But then I heard Psalm 2 rolling through my kitchen, and then Psalm 3, and…
    I rejoiced in the words of praise and affirmation of God’s goodness; I whispered in humility along with the expressions of dependence on God; I flinched from the words of accusation of abandonment, yet heard their echo in my heart. I feel drained – and refreshed – and eager to meet again tomorrow with the God of the Psalms, to again peek through this window into my heart and to hurl myself and ALL my emotions into the arms of a God who is not threatened by the confused mess within me.
    Thank you for your prayers – God is at work in me. Praying for you, Kimberly – and ALL you sisters whom I won’t meet till Glory!

Thank you for your testimony of God’s work in your life!!!

7. bunny
    February 8, 2010 | 11:27 am

Truly enjoying reading the Bible this way, it is giving me some new perspectives. It has been a warning to me, so many kings started out faithful and then fell away. I pray the Lord will keep me faithful till the end.

8. Hollie
    February 8, 2010 | 6:38 pm

I am so enjoying the bible! Come read about what is going on this week with me. I hope you are encouraged.

9. Michelle
    February 8, 2010 | 9:03 pm

I am also listening to the Bible on audio CD right now. I have been listening in the mornings while I am getting breakfast together, plus when I fold laundry. Scripture refers to faith coming through *hearing* God’s word. We sometimes forget that for many generations God’s people heard His word proclaimed. Listening carefully can be a useful discipline which can even lead us to some new insights. :)

Yes, they heard God’s Word proclaimed for hours at a time. You’re right, listening is a useful discipline.

10. Grainne
    February 9, 2010 | 6:19 am

Love your blog Kimberley, blessings to you and your family.

Great point about children being an eternal inheritance – how very true!

Praying for you and yours as you read through.

Grainne