90 Day Challenge: The Finish Line

I was hoping to catch up on the grace days that I took while we were sick at the beginning of this very long and persistent illness that we are still struggling with, but I didn’t so I’ll be finishing up on Wednesday. The children, on the other hand, diligently caught up and will triumphantly be finishing tomorrow and will probably gloat a little a whole lot over their father and me since we will still have two more days of reading to finish up.

A couple of you have asked what we plan to do once we are finished reading through the Bible in 90 Days. Our tentative plan is to have the children work through a more in-depth character study (Polished Cornerstones for the girls and Plants Grown Up for the boys) over the next few months.

Since we are going through Daniel during family worship, I am planning on reading through the New Testament at a slower pace and then after the baby is born and we are all settled back into a normal routine I would like to do the 90 Day Challenge again before the end of the year.

If you post about your progress, please feel free to link up here, otherwise give us an update in the comments.

Don’t forget to visit Mom’s Toolbox tomorrow for the final check in.

So what are you going to do when you finish reading through the whole Bible?

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter0

14 Responses to 90 Day Challenge: The Finish Line
  1. Lisa
    March 28, 2010 | 12:37 pm

Hi,
    Polished Cornerstones is WONDERFUL! I’m just preparing to work through some of it with my 16 year old daughter. Just wanted to let you know…Polished Cornerstones has recently been updated by Doorposts. It was first published a number of years ago and the new volume has activities for many excellent books that have become available since the first publishing. They have also made a few other changes. We have both editions and I’m glad I purchased the newest one! You can go to their site http://www.doorposts.com and find out more info. Plants Grown Up is also being updated and will be available soon!

Thanks for the info, Lisa. I did not know that they were releasing new editions.

2. Anita Chamblee
    March 28, 2010 | 4:25 pm

We have had and used PC and PGU for several years. Many times I just want to through everything else out and just us them. I am interested in how you will incorporate this will all you are currently doing. It is much more than Bible study and in some ways, covers most every subject!

Anita, since this will be replacing the children’s Bible reading time, we will only be doing the Bible centered activities. (Read and memorize, rewrite the verses in your own words, study this passage, etc.)

We won’t be doing any of the activities that require reading or studying other sources. So this will be a very basic and simplified use of PC and PGU.

3. Alene
    March 28, 2010 | 5:57 pm

Congratulations (almost) on finishing (almost)!
    I managed a couple of catch-up days this week, so the finish line is closer than it was. Still farther off than I hoped, but at least I am being a faithful tortoise, and will EVENTUALLY finish. Thank you for your prayers!

I’m looking forward to hearing that you’ve finished, and I KNOW you will.

4. chantelle
    March 28, 2010 | 7:57 pm

I won’t be finishing this week, because I am too far behind. I hope to get done before too long. I want to try again this summer. Thank you for your prayers and congratulations on finishing on time. :)

Keep on going and I look forward to hearing when you finish. :)

5. Kimarie
    March 29, 2010 | 7:48 am

Aha, Polished Cornerstones and Plants Grown UP has been on our “to get” list for a long while, they look wonderful. :-) This year we’re going through Discovering Jesus in Genesis and Discovering Jesus in Exodus by Susan Hunt. AWESOME covenantal teaching – many lessons bring tears to my eyes as we’re reading. Blessings!

I’m currently looking to purchase our curriculum for next year. Mark and I are talking about adding an additional Bible study program to the one already built into Core 7 and your recommendations just made the short list of things to look into. Thanks!

6. Alice
    March 29, 2010 | 7:08 pm

Nearly there! I was 5 days behind last Monday but 3 days behind today. I will be using the 2 grace days, so technically only a day to catch up before the end of Wednesday. I do so want to finish on time!

Your children did GREAT! Are they excited to be done?! Are you on track for finishing on Wednesday?

7. bunny
    March 30, 2010 | 9:40 am

I’m almost disappointed that I will be finished tomorrow, but there are several books, I want to spend more time in. This has been a wonderful challenge. I will continue to pray for all you Mothers, who are struggling.

8. ♥ Tamara ♥
    March 30, 2010 | 1:23 pm

Thank you for this challenge. It felt good to read that last page yesterday and know that through Christ I was able to do this. Congratulations to your entire family!

9. Kimberly @ Raising Olives
    April 2, 2010 | 9:10 am

Just for the record.

Alyssa (9) was the first to finish in our family. She and Matthew (10) finished on Sunday.

Amber (13) and Kaitlin (12) finished on Monday.

Mark finished Tuesday.

And I finished in last place on Wednesday.

I almost want to start all over, it was such a good discipline!