Free Summer Movies for Kids

There are many advantages to having a large family however, the cost of theater admission is not one of them.

Yet for the past 6 years, the children and I catch a few movies at the theater each summer for FREE, thanks to Regal Cinema’s Free Family Film Festival.

Image Courtesy of Bresslau

Every summer Regal Cinemas offers free showings of select G and PG rated movies on Tuesday and Wednesday morning.  Check their website for their schedule and a location near you.  Then mark your calendars to catch the movies that you want to enjoy with your kids.

Free movies for kids, in an air-conditioned theater, during the last few weeks of  a 10th pregnancy, that works for me!

Please share other fun, COOL activities to help this hot mama pass the last 3 weeks of pregnancy with her passel of kids?

You can read more of my “Works for Me Wednesdays” or visit  We Are THAT Family for more good ideas.

Facebook0Pinterest0EmailTwitter4

12 Responses to Free Summer Movies for Kids
  1. Melissa Multitasking Mama
    June 16, 2010 | 7:07 am

We love going to Regal for these movies too!

2. Aimee
    June 16, 2010 | 8:29 am

We do these free movies every summer too! My kids really enjoy it!

3. Dawn
    June 16, 2010 | 8:32 am

No Regal in our area, but that sounds fun. Our city shows movies in the park for free each summer, but it is too hot for me.

4. Susan
    June 16, 2010 | 10:33 am

I’ll have to check this out…it’s a bit of a drive for us but might be worth it given how hot it has been.

5. Christina
    June 16, 2010 | 10:51 am

What a blessing they offer that! We don’t even have as big a family as yours…..but we still don’t go to the movies. It’s just way to expensive. Hello Netflix.

6. Nikki
    June 16, 2010 | 1:34 pm

I was just about to post the same thing! We learned about this last summer. What a fantastic program!

7. Shannon
    June 16, 2010 | 2:34 pm

we don’t have this option in our area, and while our town does movie night outside in one of our parks, it is just tooo hot and tooo late to keep the kids up.

We spend afternoon time at the library in the summer. Free airconditioning and we are a book worm family.

8. Kristin
    June 16, 2010 | 4:02 pm

Franks Theater does the same thing – only Tuesday and Thursdays. There aren’t many Frank’s theaters but there is one in my town :)

9. Sandpiper
    June 16, 2010 | 8:30 pm

Hi there, I have just been searching through your site for a book that you recommended a while back. I can’t seem to find the post about it, and I can’t remember the book’s title. I think the author’s last name was Swanson?
    I was hoping to read it. Do you know what book it might be?
    I also noticed your due date is coming up, hope you’re feeling well!

You’re probably thinking of the book Upgrade: 10 Secrets to the Best Education for Your Child.

Thanks, I’m doing well through this pregnancy, but am ready to be finished and holding a little baby again.

Sandpiper Reply:

Thank-you!! For the life of me, I couldn’t remember that title!!
    Yes, I know that feeling of being ‘ready’.

10. selahV
    June 17, 2010 | 12:10 am

Hi, last year I was able to take my grandchildren to the movies for free with this, too. This year they are charging us in Oklahoma. Our state isn’t on the list. I used it to give my daughter a break for the afternoon. I still take them, but I had to buy a season pass for 13.00 each to go to 8 movies. Better than 6.50 each, though. selahV