Surviving One of THOSE Days

Mary is another, albeit more experienced, mother of 10 who blogs at Owl Haven. She recently posted  5 Tips for Surviving a Difficult Day.    (For #4 I choose to tackle a project or move furniture rather than cook 🙂  )

This post was an encouraging reminder to me and I recommend it for any of you who’ve ever had one of THOSE days.

Yes, I did this to my husband's hair!

You may also be interested in Lord, Help My UnbeliefPregnancy is Hard Real Needs? or  Thoughts From Gideon’s Mom (a good friend of mine who recently experienced the death of her 4 month old son).

God is good, even during THOSE days!

This is linked to WFMW at We are THAT Family.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

7 Responses to Surviving One of THOSE Days
  1. MomStarr
    June 8, 2010 | 9:11 am

I can not believe you ran to get the camera while your poor child is about to follow the sewer route! Was that snarky enough? I haven’t been very snarky in a while so I thought I would be today! 🙂 Oh and I would be single again if I did that to my hubby’s head…oh well.

I think that hair cut demonstrates the long-suffering-ness of love.

Glad to see you back in your old form of snarkiness.

2. Elizabeth
    June 8, 2010 | 9:13 am

Um yeah. 🙂 I had one of those yesterday hope your day goes better today! 🙂

3. Jenn
    June 8, 2010 | 12:10 pm

Loved this list! Although I agree, I would rather move furniture any day of the week. Much to hubby’s dismay. Fortunately my boys are getting big enough to be my brawny furniture movers sometimes. 🙂

4. Jamie
    June 9, 2010 | 9:15 am

I needed this today! Thanks :).

5. The Prudent Homemaker
    June 9, 2010 | 6:07 pm

My husband always says that the difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is 2 weeks :). Just cut all the rest REALLY short like that on the sides and back and you’ll be okay! (You probably already did that, but that’s the best fix that I know of).

Here’s what I do on the difficult days.

6. AllieZirkle
    June 16, 2010 | 4:32 pm

Love this! and I loved Mary’s article too!