Heading to the Hospital

It’s hard to believe that in just a few short hours we should be holding our newest child, that God could possibly be good enough to bless us with another baby.  It is much more than we deserve and we glory in His goodness and grace to our family.

39+ 1 weeks, transverse baby

I am very excited and a little nervous.  I am astounded and thankful for all of the people who are praying for us, thank you!

We get to be at the hospital between 5 and 5:30 this morning and surgery is scheduled for 7:30, so probably by the time most of you read this we will be loving on our new little girl.

The baby continues to be transverse so Dr. V will do an ultrasound just before we head into the c-section.

Being able to plan this birth has been a blessing.  Each of our oldest 3 daughters (13, 12 and 9) will have an opportunity to stay in the hospital for a time to help out and spend some one-on-one time with me and the baby.  They are each looking forward to their turn and hope that I stay in the hospital a long time so they each get plenty of time.

This is a good opportunity for me to thank them because when we get home from the hospital a lot will be falling on their shoulders.  They are always a huge help and blessing to us, but over the next few weeks we will rely on them even more as I recover and we all adjust to having a new little person in the house.

Stay tuned…

She’s here

Her name and why

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

37 Responses to Heading to the Hospital
  1. Tristan from the Crew
    July 6, 2010 | 6:10 am

I’m up and praying for you and your family this morning!

Thank you Tristan. I appreciate everyone’s prayers, I was SOOOOOO nervous.

God was very good, things went better than I ever expected.

Hope that you are feeling well.

2. Carla
    July 6, 2010 | 7:25 am

Wow, you should be going in to surgery right about now! Praying for you and your family!

I probably was. Surgery was very prompt, Isabella was born at 7:43am, you left your comment at 7:25.

Thank you!!

3. Nikki
    July 6, 2010 | 7:59 am

I have been thinking about you all week. I will say a prayer right now that things go smoothly.

By the way, you look great in that picture!

Thank you for your prayers.

4. chantelle
    July 6, 2010 | 8:09 am

I awoke today thinking of you and praying for a safe and healthy c-section for you and the baby. I can’t wait to see the pictures!

Your prayers were so appreciated. I’ve been spoiled by the support and prayers that from the online community.

5. Jamie
    July 6, 2010 | 8:56 am

By now you are holding your little girl, and I cannot wait to see pictures :). We are continuing our prayers for your family as you recover and adjust! Love you, and am praying all is well.

Thank you Jamie for your friendship, prayers and support.

The kids still marvel that she moves BOTH arms. I’m very thankful for the ability to deliver via c-section.

Jamie Reply:

:). I am glad things are going well! I have been keeping up with your blog, but have not had much chance to write. Bella’s pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! I cannot emphasize that enough. And her name is beautiful, too :). It’s amazing the little things… like two moving arms! The amazement doesn’t go away. Yesterday Shoshannah was putting food in her hair and I got all teary eyed. She’s so little and she can put both arms on her head!!! We are still praying for you… especially that you don’t overdo it, as I’m sure you will attempt to do ;).

6. Kimarie
    July 6, 2010 | 9:08 am

Looking forward to pictures! Praying for you for a speedy recovery.

Thanks Kimarie.

7. Ruth Adams
    July 6, 2010 | 9:10 am

Praying for your family today! Great picture of you! Enjoy the sweetness of your new little baby girl. God bless you!

I’m so grateful for your prayers, thank you.

8. Lauree
    July 6, 2010 | 9:40 am

Praying for all of you. You should be holding that sweet girl now! How awesome!

The prayers were so appreciated and God answered in a big way, everything has gone amazingly well.

9. Kelly Maine
    July 6, 2010 | 9:41 am

I’ve been praying for you! Can’t wait to meet the little lovely. You look positively slim in the picture (not counting said lovely!).

XO, Can’t wait to introduce you to Bella tomorrow.

Um, not looking so slim now, too much leftover lovely. 😉

10. courtney
    July 6, 2010 | 9:46 am

How exciting!!!!! you look AMAZING!

11. Anita Chamblee
    July 6, 2010 | 9:50 am

Baby girl should be here by now. Praying that all went well. Enjoy your time with the baby and your older girls. My older two stayed at the hospital with me after the last two babies were born. They were a blessing!

Thank you for all of your encouragement, for sharing your wisdom and for your prayers. I count you as a friend and hope to meet you IRL someday.

12. GapGirl
    July 6, 2010 | 10:31 am

I had my ob appt today and thought of you… saying prayers your recovery goes smooth… by now your holding your precious girl!!! Enjoy every second.

Thank you. How are you feeling??

13. Missy
    July 6, 2010 | 11:31 am

Praying for a quick recovery for you. Your family is beautiful.

Thank you Missy, all the prayers have been appreciated. Our God is good!

14. aimee
    July 6, 2010 | 11:33 am

Wishing you the best!!

15. Marla
    July 6, 2010 | 12:52 pm

God bless you all!I can not wait to hear about your new bundle of joy!Blessings,Marla

16. Rachel B
    July 6, 2010 | 1:08 pm

SO exciting!!! I am due any day now too! Congratulations I hope all has gone well and you are holding your sweet little one in your arms now! Our prayers are with you and your cute little family!

Congratulations. I pray for a safe birth for you newest blessing.

Thank you for your prayers.

17. miss mary
    July 6, 2010 | 1:16 pm

congrats on your newest daughter. I hope everything went well and that we will know soon that you and baby are both doing well.
    I can’t wait to see pictures of you both.
    Be well and blessed.

18. Grace Munoz
    July 6, 2010 | 1:39 pm

We will be praying for you and your new baby and family. Best wishes and blessings. =)

Thank you Grace for your prayers.

19. Jama
    July 6, 2010 | 2:29 pm

Prayed for you this morning. I’m eagerly awaiting the annoucement. How special that the older girls will be spending time with you in the hospital. What a wonderful gift for them and for you. Reading that actually brought tears to my eyes. Not sure why. Maybe because my oldest three are girls too, and I understand both the blessing they are and the things we require of them. I too want to give so much back to them for all they do for me. Praying for a time of sweet fellowship for all and an uncomplicated recovery for you!

Thank you my sweet friend. The time in the hospital with the girls was wonderful and special. Having such big girls and a newborn has also been a special experience.

I hope to see you soon.

20. Holly
    June 22, 2011 | 6:23 pm

Hey! Remember me? I asked to see your baby bump in your first trimester. For some reason life got busy and I didn’t get around to reading your website until yesterday. I had my 6th boy the end of April. I had an emergency c-section. My first c-section and it hurt!! Then some tragic events took place after that soon after. I posted some info about it on my blog page. You may have heard about the death of my cousin Brandon Paudert…anyway….
    You look amazing! And I love the that you show how wonderful God is to bless us with babies. I love seeing the miracle of the baby bump! Did you ever see my pic of the hand prints of the boys on my belly? I got the idea from a photographer friend. I din’t mean to show belly, but the blessing of the brothers love. And boy do they ever love him. He is now one and showered with affection!
    LOVE this picture!

21. Blair @ The Straightened Path
    August 1, 2012 | 12:21 pm

You look absolutely awesome here! Can’t wait to see a picture with the new baby.