Her Name…

Isabella Promise – pronounced eesabella (long ‘e’), not izabella).

Her name carries a lot of meaning to us and we thought it deserved it’s own post.

Isabella  means God is my vow.   Bella, which is probably what she will be called means beautiful.  (Nick (2) already calls her ‘BabyBella”)

Bella is one of our family’s favorite movies.  If you haven’t seen it, you should.

The message of the movie is the beauty and the preciousness of life.  We pray that our little Isabella, being a 10th child, will convey the beauty of life simply by the fact of her existence.  That she will demonstrate love of life in the midst of a world that values it lightly.  That we will realize and remember that life is a gift from God and one of His greatest blessings to us.  We pray that we, as a nation, will learn to value and protect it.

Bella, the movie, holds more significance to our family.  It portrays a lovely glimpse into the Hispanic culture and heritage that our children inherit from their father.  Each time we see it Mark comments on the wonderful memories of family gathering around a laden table, laughing and loving together.

Promise – This reminds us of all the promises that God gives to us, His people, promises of amazing blessings and faithfulness that we don’t deserve.

The promise that we most remember as we name our child is the promise that God will be a God to us and to our children after us.  We pray this EVERY day for each of our children and as we name little Isabella Promise, we pray it for her.  We pray that she will never remember a day when she did not love her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

So as we name our sweet baby we think of the privilege with which God has blessed us, ten of His precious children to raise for His glory.  We think of the beauty and blessing of each life that He has given.  We rejoice in our rich heritage and we thank God for His promises to His people.

I intend to write and tell the story of Isabella’s birth.  It was blessedly uneventful and God answered your prayers and demonstrated His kindness to us in many, many unexpected  details.   (i.e. Our next door neighbor here in the hospital is a friend of ours who had her baby just hours before Bella was born and across the hall another friend had her baby just hours after Bella.)  From laughter to tears and back we are grateful for God’s faithfulness to us even in the details and rejoice in a healthy baby and safe birth.

However, right now I can hardly take my eyes off of our beautiful daughter and am trying to soak up every single moment.

I’ve scheduled some posts for the upcoming days and have several fun stories that I hope to share, so things won’t be too quiet around here, but primarily I am on maternity leave. 🙂

You can make Amber’s (13) day by thanking her  for posting the stats and picture of Isabella otherwise I would have left you in suspense until now.

Thank you again for your prayers (keep them coming) and for taking the time to leave comments (love them) and let us know that you are rejoicing with us.  You have truly blessed our family.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

46 Responses to Her Name…
  1. Eowyn
    July 8, 2010 | 8:10 am

Thanks Amber for the post! The name is SO beautiful! I wish my parents had named me something like that.

2. Chrissy
    July 8, 2010 | 8:11 am

Beautiful name!!!

Thank you Amber for keeping us updated 😉

3. pam
    July 8, 2010 | 8:12 am

My second daughter is Isabella Hope. I love when people explain names. I think names are important.

4. Erin
    July 8, 2010 | 8:12 am

What a precious name! I love the meanings. May she grow to be a beautiful woman of God! Congratulations!!!

5. Chrissy
    July 8, 2010 | 8:13 am

Beautiful name!!!

Thank you Amber for keeping us in the loop 😉

6. Anita Chamblee
    July 8, 2010 | 8:14 am

Enjoy this time of intense baby-love. It is so very special….but you know that, don’t you!! Love hearing the reasons and meanings for children’s names. Thanks for sharing!

7. Aimee
    July 8, 2010 | 8:17 am

Isabella is one of my very most favorite names in the whole world and it went to a very beautiful little girl! I nearly named my daughter Isabella, but I had a dream (before I knew she was a girl) that they handed her to me and said “Her name shall be Elizabeth Grace” and so we named her Elizabeth Grace – Elizabeth because her birth is as miraculous as the birth of John’s was from Elizabeth in the bible, and Grace because it could only have come through the Grace of God.
    Thank you, Amber, for keeping the blog rolling.

8. chantelle
    July 8, 2010 | 8:25 am

Thank you so much Amber! I was checking my computer several times an hour to see if there was any news about the baby, it would have been really hard to wait until now to find out when the baby was born. I bet you are going to be so much help for mom in the next few weeks. 🙂 I love the name, it’s beautiful!

9. LisaC
    July 8, 2010 | 8:26 am

I love the name Isabella, and love the way you pronounce it. Mostly I love the name because of the nickname Bella! I always thought that when I had a girl (4 boys & 1 girl) that I would name her Isabella and call her Bella, but when the time finally came, we named her Ariel, go figure, lol.

Isabella also comes from the name Elisabeth, so with my name being Lisa, also from Elisabeth, I thought it would be perfect. Somehow the name just didn’t fit for us.

I love to see little girls named Isabella, it always makes me smile.

Congrats again!

10. Leann
    July 8, 2010 | 8:34 am

Congratulations – what a beautiful girl you have been blessed with – and what a wonderful family she has been blessed with. And such a fitting name.

And, Amber, I kind of thought you may have posted that – thanks for keeping all us ‘patiently waiting’ blog readers in the know.

11. Heather
    July 8, 2010 | 8:41 am

Thank you, Amber, for posting her picture! She is so beautiful…and looks so much like y’all! Her name is also gorgeous (I wanted to name my dd that, but a close relative already had it:( Sooo, I like that name:) Congratulations to Mom & Dad and family!!!!

12. Desiree
    July 8, 2010 | 9:22 am

Good job Amber! I love the name!

Not that mom needs any advice from me as I’ve only had two children but I’ll say it anyways. I had two c-sections…stay off your feet!! I healed much faster the second time around after learning my lesson.

13. Alicia
    July 8, 2010 | 9:38 am

Thank you Amber for the picture!

I think Isabellas name is beautiful! I chose names with meanings for all three of my boys and I already have a girl name handy if I ever have one. Congratulations!

14. Morgan
    July 8, 2010 | 9:48 am

Love that name! Always been a favorite!

Enjoy your maternity leave Kimberly, and thanks Amber for making sure we weren’t left in suspense! Have fun being a big sister times 9 now! 😀

15. Helen
    July 8, 2010 | 10:26 am

Bella has a beautiful name!

And a big thanks to Amber for not making us all wait for the stats 🙂

Lucy

16. Chloe N.
    July 8, 2010 | 10:35 am

We are so excited for you all!!! Can’t wait to meet the newest sweet member of your family!!

17. Dana
    July 8, 2010 | 10:56 am

LOVE the name. perfect.

18. Sandpiper
    July 8, 2010 | 10:58 am

Beautiful name! I wondered how you posted a picture so quick. Take all the time you need, that newborn age passes quickly, my wee one is already 4 weeks.

19. Kate @ Bliss and That
    July 8, 2010 | 11:09 am

Love, love the name!! How special that it holds such deep, personal meaning to you all. Our daughter is Isabella Grace and she is most often “Bella”. 🙂 Loved reading why you named your little love Isabella…

Thank you, Amber for the wonderful picture! She’s just gorgeous!

20. Heather
    July 8, 2010 | 11:28 am

Beautiful Name, and beautiful baby! She looks like you! and her big sister(Amber). Congratulations!

21. Missy
    July 8, 2010 | 11:34 am

Beautiful name. Thank you Amber for the picture update. I too like to make sure my kids names have a special meaning at least to me. Kimberly Elizabeth is our first.(her middle name is after my Grandma and mother) Kimberly being~ “within the Chiefs courts” or “Royal Forest” and Elizabeth is Gods Promise;God is my oath. What it means to me~ That God has promised to keep her with in the “Royal land”(his kingdom). Lando Ralph is our 2nd. Pronounced just like it looks. Land-o.(Ralph after his daddy who was named for an uncle who fell into a well and died at age 3) means Renowned in the Land and Ralph means lone wolf. My hope and prayer is that he will be known for standing up for Gods word, even if he must do it alone. Cody Michael(named for his Grandpa)~ Cody is helper or comforter. Michael~ Who is like God?
    I think of it like this …My prayer is that Cody will be able to comfort others with the word of truth..Asking,” Who is like God?”,Our 4th child is Kylie Nancy(Nancy after my mother) is beautiful and full of Gods grace. And, our last ,Mikayla Kathleen(named after her daddy Mike, her Grandpa Michael and her Grandma Kathy)We chose to spell it the way we did because my husbands name is Mike, not Michael. Her name means Who is like God? and “Pure”. This is getting long but I enjoy hearing these things,so maybe others enjoy it too.

22. Gae
    July 8, 2010 | 11:57 am

Congratulations on your sweet little girl.
    I too lov ethe name Isabella and Bella too.
    We are blessed to have 11 children and I would love more too.
    Our children all have celtic/english/irish/welsh names as that is our heritage. They all end in N as well.
    Enjoy your ‘babymoon’
    Blessings
    Gae

23. Young Wife
    July 8, 2010 | 12:14 pm

What a beautiful name! Congratulations! Thank you Amber for keeping us updated.

24. Tristan from the Crew
    July 8, 2010 | 12:25 pm

I love the name! She’s adorable and YES – thank you Amber for posting baby stuff so quickly – I was checking all morning that day!

25. Vickie
    July 8, 2010 | 1:40 pm

Beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I’d have never thought of using Promise as a name. Reminds me how the Pilgrims named their babies.

Congratulations and thanks Amber. Make sure mom takes care of herself so she can have a complete and full recovery.

God’s blessings to all of you!

26. Plain and Joyful Living
    July 8, 2010 | 1:41 pm

What a beautiful name and such a blessing.
    We are a family with “just” six children.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

27. Judy
    July 8, 2010 | 4:45 pm

Congratulations! I am continuing to pray for your recovery.

What a beautiful name.

28. Chick Hatchers
    July 8, 2010 | 4:55 pm

Thank you for sharing her name and how you chose to name her. She’s beautiful and God has an amazing plan for her! And how blessed are you to have Amber, who seems to be very helpful.

Thank you, Amber, and welcome to the world of blogging (unless you’ve helped out before and I’ve missed it.) All that you are learning to be a good and eager helper is very valuable and will take you great places in life.

29. Linda
    July 8, 2010 | 6:23 pm

Thank-you Amber the the pictures.I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

30. JenT
    July 8, 2010 | 6:37 pm

I love the name! The funny thing is that I have an Arabella and people sometimes mix up her name with Isabella. lol I guess Arabella is less common. We also like the meanings of names. That’s why most of them are picked. 🙂

31. .ambre.
    July 8, 2010 | 9:32 pm

Thank you so much Amber for ending the suspense for us! I appreciated it so much! 🙂

32. Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads
    July 8, 2010 | 11:12 pm

Congrats! I love the meaning and thought that went into her name – very special.

33. Jessie C.
    July 9, 2010 | 1:17 pm

I’d use them in kids birthday parties.

Congrats! What a cute baby and an adorable name!

34. Jessie C.
    July 9, 2010 | 1:17 pm

Shared and posted link on Facebook@tcarolinep JessieKatie S.

35. Fruitful Harvest
    July 9, 2010 | 1:18 pm

Congrats Kimberley,

She is just beautiful!
    You have been in my thoughts and prayer.
    Looks like your kiddos are thrilled about their new sister!

Remember to get enough rest. Its funny,we moms feel fine (on a adealine high) then over do it and it seems to take longer to heal up.

She’s a real cutie:)
    What a blessing!

Peace and Love,
    Georgiann

36. Jessie C.
    July 9, 2010 | 1:18 pm
  37. Jessie C.
    July 9, 2010 | 1:18 pm

‘Like’ Raising Olives on Facebook@tcarolinep JEssieKatie S

38. Dawna
    July 9, 2010 | 1:55 pm

Praising God for an uneventful delivery and for Ms. Isabella Promise. Thank you for sharing the meaning behind the name. What a precious gift you are giving your children in raising them in a Christ centered home. Many blessings to you and your family… I will be praying for rest as you adjust to adding another beautiful child to your home.

39. Serenity
    July 9, 2010 | 11:11 pm

Thanks Amber for posting the picture and stats! I am HUGELY impressed since I have not figured out how to email a picture and I’m 31:)

Thank you for sharing the beautiful story of Isabella’s name. She is blessed to be part of your family. Congrats to you all!!!

40. Penelope
    July 10, 2010 | 3:24 am

Congratulations, Kimberly & sweet family! It is a wonderful blessing to reach the double digits. May Isabella grow up to be as godly and encouraging as her Grandmother Bradley, another 10th addition. God is so good!

Amber, keep up the good work in supporting your mom in her special ministry. You are a jewel.

41. Tina
    July 11, 2010 | 8:24 am

that’s a wonderful name…my daughter’s name is Chevelle and it’s origin is Isabella.

42. Kate
    July 11, 2010 | 3:25 pm

I “like” you on facebook :).

43. Christine