Not Me: The Day Before BABY

Since we put the baby seat in the van I’ve NOT had dozens of heart stopping moments as I’ve seen it and thought, “Oh no, we left the baby in the car” only to realize “I’M STILL PREGNANT”.   No worries about leaving the baby anywhere.

Being 9 months pregnant and leaning over to pick up toys isn’t high on my list of fun, but I certainly do NOT crawl around on the floor picking up toys and I do NOT crawl from one room to the next just to avoid having to stand up.

Mark and I did NOT look at each other at 12:10 am this morning and say, “Tomorrow we’re having a baby.”    Nope, not us.  We’ve already done this 9 times, so we are NOT excited that we get to meet our new daughter face to face TOMORROW!!!!

Since we are having a baby tomorrow, Nicholas (2) did NOT wake up with a fever of 102 and he does not currently look like this:

No way any of the children will be sick just in time for the birth of our baby.

You may want to read about why we’re having our first c-section after nine children or our birth stories.  I also post about homeschooling and parenting.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

27 Responses to Not Me: The Day Before BABY
  1. Smockity Frocks
    July 5, 2010 | 9:24 am

I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! Can’t wait to read all about it and see the pictures!

2. Emily
    July 5, 2010 | 9:43 am

I will be praying for you and your baby tomorrow! How exciting!
    I’m so sorry to see Nicholas is sick. When I had #4 in January my entire household was throwing up over the course of that week. The night I had her my dad was dealing with my very sick 3 year old. As hard as it was on all of us to have a sick one at home while I was at the hospital, it really did work out just fine. But nonetheless, I’ll pray for good health for all the children, I remember how stressful that was.
    Enjoy your day!

3. Lauree
    July 5, 2010 | 10:14 am

Oh that poor baby! He just looks like he doesn’t feel good. I will be praying for you, baby, and whole family!

4. Angel
    July 5, 2010 | 10:23 am

Poor lil Nicholas. He looks pitterful! Ice or frozen juice pops are good for sick lil boys. (and girls too) Give him my love. I’ve been thinking about him lots lately.
    Doesn’t matter if it’s #10 or #25. Every new baby is super exciting. I can not wait to see pictures of your beautiful princess, and hopefully visit in a few weeks.
    I hope and pray all goes very smoothly for you tomorrow. I missed the chain yesterday… so my guess is going to be humm… 8lbs 11oz. 21 1/2 inches long. 🙂 We will be praying for you ALL!! Blessings on a beautiful birth, and recovery. 🙂 Hugs to all!

5. Leigh Austin
    July 5, 2010 | 10:42 am

Sweet picture Our 5 yr old loves to sleep in daddy’s tshirt too!

6. Bonni
    July 5, 2010 | 11:09 am

I’ll be praying for you, as I have been! I’ve had 2 C-sections,10 years apart, 3 home births, and 4 ‘normal’ hospital births, and the C-sections were the EASIEST by far!!:)

7. Ruth Adams
    July 5, 2010 | 11:11 am

Tomorrow is the big day! I’m excited for your family. We’re just two days after you on the eighth. I hope your little boy feels much better soon. I know that is stressful seeing someone get sick right now. In our house we start pushing the Emergency or Airborne drinks when someone comes down with something. They have lots of vitamins that boost the immune system. I’ve fought off several illnesses by drinking Airborne. Take care and I can’t wait to see pictures and hear how the Lord carries you through the birth of your tenth child. What a blessing!

8. Kimarie
    July 5, 2010 | 11:30 am

Been thinking about you all weekend! 🙂 so excited with you!

9. Helen
    July 5, 2010 | 11:40 am

Can’t wait to hear all about it!!!

Sending big hugs and lots of prayers from the Suite 🙂

Lucy and Ethel

PS – We’ll take one (or more) on the hips and eat a few M&Ms on your behalf….

10. chantelle
    July 5, 2010 | 12:21 pm

I will be praying for you, how exciting that you will be able to hold your new baby girl tomorrow!!

11. Erica Iwamura
    July 5, 2010 | 12:49 pm

I can understand this completely.. when I was pregnant with my 2nd child, my water broke at 4:30am and I woke up my husband and oldest (age 2 at the time) to get ready to go and take my oldest to a friends house… he had a fever. Some friends came to our house to say with him until his grandparents got there. When his grandparents got there and tried to talk to him he kept telling them “I’m busy”, LOL. Not good timing but all worked out well : )

I will be praying for you!

12. Jessica
    July 5, 2010 | 1:04 pm

I will be praying for you!

13. MomStarr
    July 5, 2010 | 1:13 pm

We are praying for you all!! I have definitely done the crawling thing too to avoid getting up and down or bending over!! Now I don’t feel so bad..that is if you had really done that. 🙂

14. Diana
    July 5, 2010 | 1:25 pm

I’m pregnant with #1 now but I’ll have to remember the crawling advice for later on when I have to clean! 🙂 Good luck tomorrow and congrats!

15. Cara
    July 5, 2010 | 1:44 pm

Congrats! That is so exciting! Every new life is a precious gift from God.

(I secretly would love to have 10 kids, although the 3 I have now wear me out, and weeks like this past one make me want to say NEVER AGAIN. But I know by next week I’ll be saying I want more, someday.)

16. the inadvertent farmer
    July 5, 2010 | 2:17 pm

Praying for mama and baby alike! Can’t wait to see the new little one…Kim

17. Kristina
    July 5, 2010 | 2:23 pm

You’re all in my prayers today, tomorrow, and in the coming weeks! I know I don’t just speak for myself when I say that we can’t wait to hear about your super-easy, uncomplicated delivery and see pictures of your newest blessing.

18. Deb
    July 5, 2010 | 2:47 pm

Yay! You can do it – the c-section will go great, I just know it!

Hope that poor feverish baby is feeling better!

19. Deirdre
    July 5, 2010 | 2:49 pm

Praying for you and baby bear. Ummm…. I know this is top of your priority list, but if you talk with anyone interested in playgrp, I will still be there on Wed. I can’t wait to see her pics when you post them!

20. Deirdre
    July 5, 2010 | 2:50 pm

I just saw your playgrp email. Sorry to pester you. Take care, sistah.

21. Missy
    July 5, 2010 | 3:18 pm

praying for you, and your newest blessing

22. Jodi
    July 5, 2010 | 4:10 pm

Thank you for all you share! You and your little girl are in my prayers.

23. Heather@It's Twinsanity
    July 5, 2010 | 4:37 pm

I’m praying the fever is a fluke and nobody is sick tomorrow for the big day! And big prayers for a safe delivery! I’m so excited for you!!!

24. pam
    July 5, 2010 | 6:45 pm

I can not wait to see this new blessing. praying for you tomorow

25. Jenilee
    July 5, 2010 | 8:00 pm

oh, so sorry about having a sick one but yeah for a new baby!!! congrats!!

26. Renata
    July 5, 2010 | 9:02 pm

I am so excited for you – will continue praying!
    Enjoy your precious new bub!

27. Leann
    July 5, 2010 | 9:49 pm

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow – I know you are excited to meet your sweet baby – and I am excited to ‘meet’ her too!