Not Me: New Baby

When Colby (3) first saw Isabella’s umbilical cord he did not say, ” Mommy why is hers private not in hers diaper?”

My feet and ankles are not still swollen nearly beyond recognition (thanks to all of the IV fluids).  IF they were swollen my kids would not add insult to injury by writing “MOM” on my ankles and feet by pressing them and laughing at the indentations.

It has not become quite obvious that tick season is in full swing in our back yard.  We’ve certainly not seen this more than one time necessitating daily tick checks.

Nick’s (2) current favorite question is not, “Mommy, what is BabyBella crying about?”

The sweet lady who came in to give Isabella her first bath asked Mark if Isabella was the littlest of our 10 children.  When  Mark began to answer that no some of our children have been 6 or 7 pounds(Isabella was over 8) the sweet lady did not say that she was asking if  3 hour old Isabella was the YOUNGEST of our 10 children.

The first night in the hospital Mark was NOT so tired that he couldn’t figure out how to pull out the hospital bed/couch to the full length.  So he and Alyssa did NOT spend an uncomfortable night on a bed that was waaaay too short

We do NOT allow topless sunbathing on our deck, no matter what the excuse (jaundice).

I’m not going to bore you with pictures that have nothing to do with this post, just because I think our baby/kids are really cute.

Bella ready for church

All 10 of our children going to church together for the first time

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter0

32 Responses to Not Me: New Baby
  1. Megan
    July 12, 2010 | 9:18 am

LOVE the picture of the 10 kids together! So sweet!

2. Nicki
    July 12, 2010 | 9:19 am

Cute baby girl! Glad to see you’re home!

3. Desiree
    July 12, 2010 | 9:22 am

Wow! I can’t get three kids to sit still and smile nice for the camera…how do you get ten to do it?

4. Michelle
    July 12, 2010 | 9:28 am

She is a darling! I love the pictures!

5. Ashley Stubbs
    July 12, 2010 | 9:45 am

Kimberly they are all so precious! The Lord has certainly blessed you!

6. Alene
    July 12, 2010 | 9:50 am

What a beautiful little dolly!

Colby is such a hoot! :-) Very reasonable question, but too funny!

7. Anita Chamblee
    July 12, 2010 | 9:53 am

Sweet pics….except for the tick pic!! We have to check almost daily as well. I have had several myself. I was horribly swollen at the end of my last pregnancy and to my surprise remained swollen after birth. I was very concerned, but my doc was not. I drank lots cranberry juice mixed with Sprite or ginger ale and the swelling was gone in a week. It was amazing!! I would cross my legs at the ankles and when I would move my legs there would be a HUGE dent that would stay there for about thirty minutes. It was awful! Hope you have a good week!

8. Helen
    July 12, 2010 | 10:04 am

Love the pics… well, not the tick pic. Bleh.

Looks like a happy group!

Lucy

9. Nic
    July 12, 2010 | 10:31 am

Such a beautiful family!! God is so good!!

10. Amy Snow
    July 12, 2010 | 11:14 am

She is gorgeous! I soooo want another one!

11. Elizabeth
    July 12, 2010 | 11:16 am

Yeah! You are home. Baby Bella is beautiful as are all of your children. So nice to see a going to church picture I have not done one of those for awhile. Maybe I will remember next week! :)

12. Veronica
    July 12, 2010 | 11:46 am

What a beautiful family!! It makes me think of what the Mr. always says about having children–we should just keep going till we have an ugly one ;)

13. the inadvertent farmer
    July 12, 2010 | 12:17 pm

Ahhh that last picture is precious…and makes me tired thinking about getting them all ready for church, lol! Kim

14. Sarah
    July 12, 2010 | 1:15 pm

You have beautiful children! I want to have 8 or 10 children someday! :)

15. Kath
    July 12, 2010 | 1:17 pm

Love Baby Bella’s dress! That is so cute. Is it handmade?

16. Leann
    July 12, 2010 | 1:23 pm

1- eww on the tick – I remember having one burned off my head as a kid
    2- 2 year olds make the cutest statements – love Nicolas’ perspective on things
    3- what a great photo of your family – you are blessed again and again with such beautiful children.
    4- BabyBella is a beauty! thanks for sharing!

17. Vickie
    July 12, 2010 | 2:09 pm

What a beautiful family!! Seeing the whole bunch makes me want more…OK OK, I already wanted more but still :D Love the photos…don’t like the ticks though. We’ve had one get on our 10 year old this year. First time in a very very long time.

18. Amy
    July 12, 2010 | 2:11 pm

What a good lookin’ bunch you guys have!

19. Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads
    July 12, 2010 | 2:28 pm

That is such a great shot of all of the kids!

On a side note: I seriously HATE ticks. Yuck!

20. Angel
    July 12, 2010 | 2:35 pm

Bella is SOO adorable gurl! Awesome edition of NMM, loved it. We have done several tick checks here too, especially when we visit Pepop’s house. I hope you can keep your feet up a bit, and the swelling goes down soon. Sounds like you guys are doing well. Miss ya! Huggz to all!!

21. Melissa
    July 12, 2010 | 2:48 pm

Congrats on your newest little one!!! And yes, all your kids are super cute!

22. chantelle
    July 12, 2010 | 2:53 pm

Thank you so much for the post. I have been thinking about your whole family. The pictures are lovely. :)

23. Annie @ Beauty In The Surrender
    July 12, 2010 | 3:47 pm

What a precious family! I don’t think I have seen all the kids together in one picture before! You and Mark have a very sweet family! ☺

24. Crissi
    July 12, 2010 | 6:27 pm

What beautiful blessings you have!!! The picture of all of them ready for services is a LOVELY picture!

25. Renee
    July 12, 2010 | 7:12 pm

Bella is just adorable!!!!! Love her church outfit!!!! I was away for a little while, how did the c-section go, how is your recovery and how is bella????

26. Alice
    July 12, 2010 | 8:04 pm

That is a HUGE tick!! Unless ticks over there are just bigger than the ones here?…

Bella is beautiful!! I absolutely love the photo of all 10 children – how precious, and how well behaved they are at having their photograph taken! Beautiful family! :)

27. Renata
    July 12, 2010 | 10:20 pm

Your baby is just adorable & what a beautiful picture of your gorgeous family there!
    Had to laugh at the ladies question – too funny. Also your sons question about her umbilical cord ROFLOL!!
    Have a lovely day
    Renata:)

28. meclarks
    July 12, 2010 | 11:09 pm

What a beautiful family picture! I love that they are all smiling- even the boys! They look so proud of their family!

29. cindy Lau
    July 12, 2010 | 11:28 pm

Beautiful Children!

30. Penelope
    July 15, 2010 | 3:37 am

Savour these days! Please remember each day is a gift. It is so great that you get to look forward to several more years, Lord willing, of all your flock being with you together at home. We are missing our little Gideon, who went to Jesus 7/24/09 at age 4 months, and our 2 oldest are about to go off to college next month, so our time with 10 was so brief. Still praying for another little one…But anyway, I am sooo happy for you all. Bella and all the children are so beautiful!
    And to those looking up from seemingly endless days with all littles, yes, it does get easier. Patiently invest time and training in those littles and wow, they can do so much for you in just a few years. My 13- yr-old son Philip often spoils us with his awesome cooking and baking, for instance, freeing me up to other things. My turning point was when I had 5, soon to be 6, and the oldest 2 learned how to load the dishwasher. Huge step change. But I’d started them unloading it when they were 2 & 3 yrs old: for that season of training, I used mostly unbreakable dishes and stored the most often used things in the bottom cabinets for their convenience. Not so easy for my tall husband, but then, they were setting the table, too. What a rewarding job it is to be *just a mommy*-and yes, it can be done! Keep up the great work, Kimberly & crew.

31. Mary Jorgovan
    July 15, 2010 | 12:16 pm

God bless all of you. You have a beautiful family. Bella is adorable and has gotten so big.The other children all look great. Congratulations and lots of love to all of you.
    Aunt Mary and Uncle Ray