These marshmallow guns are fun, inexpensive and simple gifts to make. They are ideal gifts for kids and husbands of all ages. Rather than spending big money on Nerf guns, just get yourself over to the hardware store, shell out a few bucks and spend a quiet evening making several of these fun marshmallow shooters.
Be sure to make these for all of your children and your husband as well. Oh, and you should have one for self-defense, seriously. Otherwise you may have to resort to eating the ammo, bleh.
- 1/2″ PVC pipe (It comes in 10 ft. lengths which is enough to make several guns.
- 2 – PVC t-joints for 1/2″ pipe
- 2 – PVC elbow joints for 1/2″ pipe
- 2 – PVC end caps for 1/2″ pipe
- Use a hack saw (or a PVC pipe cutter) to cut the PVC pipe into the following lengths (lengths do not need to be exact, this is more art than science): 1 – 7 inch length for gun barrel, 1 – 1 inch length and 5 – 3 inch lengths.
- Use a piece of sandpaper to smooth down each of your cuts.
- Assemble gun according to the photo below
Place a mini-marshmallow in the 3 inch piece at the top of the gun (not into the 7 inch barrel) and place your mouth over that same 3 inch piece and blow. Have fun and move quickly.
For more gift ideas read Christmas Gifts to Make.
Fun homemade gifts work for me. You may read more WFMW posts at We Are THAT Family.