Not Me: Thanksgiving in Pictures

“Not Me” – Bravely confessing some of my faults, failings and quirks by denying them.

This year I was not disappointed that2 year old Nick merely nodded sagely as the big kids showed him the turkey and told him we were going to eat it for dinner.  I did not secretly miss Colby’s loud proclamation from last year.  After one glimpse at that big, raw bird, Colby (then 3) confidently assured us that he was NOT going to be eating any of that thing for dinner or any other time.

I did not walk around with my camera to relish and record the anticipation

Carter (8) eagerly watches for guests

and busyness as we prepared for the influx of guests.

Alyssa (10) prepping veggies

I did not allow Savannah (5) to clean the bathroom while wearing one of her nice dresses with a bonnet, apron and dress-up high heels.

Savannah (5)

I  do not allow the children to paint on one another WITH PERMANENT PAINT.

Kaitlin (12) paints Carter's (8) face

We did not allow our children to run around half-dressed with company over.

Carter (8)

I did not allow the older children to dress Nicholas up like our dinner.

Kaitlin (12) and Alyssa (10) prepare turkey Nick (2)

Mark does not allow or encourage rough housing right before company arrives,

Colby (4) gets tackled by Daddy

because then the children would be all wound up and hyper before they get all wound up and hyper because guests are arriving.

We have not allowed little Miss Bella to continue to think that being held nearly every moment is a necessity for her existence.  As a mother of 10 I certainly know better than that.

I do not have a passel of co-conspirators in this task of spoiling our baby.

Bella (4 mos.) gets love from Nanny

I did not promise to post Thanksgiving pictures on Thursday only to wait until today to post them.

I wasn’t  too busy, truth was we were just having too good of a time to stop and turn on the computer.

Today its back to the regular, blessed and happy routine of cooking, cleaning, laundry, reading, talking, studying and lots and lots of fun with my amazing kids.  Thank you Lord, for my life.

What didn’t you do this past week?

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter0

12 Responses to Not Me: Thanksgiving in Pictures
  1. chantelle
    November 29, 2010 | 9:28 am

Love the pictures, thanks for sharing! :)

2. Dawn
    November 29, 2010 | 9:58 am

Great pix! Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I did not slam my foot into the piano and lose my big toenail. Ouch!

3. Tabby
    November 29, 2010 | 10:02 am

My sweet DH did the same thing when we had company over on Friday–got all 8 kids all wild and crazy before company arrived, including their (only child) 4 year old cousin. Let’s just say the poor little guy was a bit intimidated. It feels a little better knowing my hubby isn’t the only one who does that, LOL.

4. Annie @ Beauty In The Surrender
    November 29, 2010 | 11:06 am

You all are making such wonderful memories for your kids! Just think- someday they will all be gathered around your Thanksgiving table with their children and the conversation might begin like this, “Remember when mom and dad let us…”
    God bless you! ☺

5. bunny
    November 29, 2010 | 11:12 am

I did not have two cups of your wonderful pumpkin soup, shortly before Thanksgivng dinner.

6. Ruth Adams
    November 29, 2010 | 2:47 pm

We did NOT wake up with a little one running high fever Thanksgiving morning. Actually it turned out nice to be home for a change. I love your pictures!

7. Gabe
    November 29, 2010 | 8:32 pm

I love your pictures! It looks like you all had a GREAT time!

I did NOT skip out on nearly all of the Thanksgiving cooking for the first time in over ten years; since we were driving up to the in-law’s that morning. I did NOT miss it.

We DID have loads of fun, and I have so much to be Thankful for!

8. Renata
    November 29, 2010 | 8:51 pm

I loved your pictures! What fun you guys had! My hubby does the exact same thing with our boys – I know it’s bonding, but I just have to walk out of the room sometimes!
    I love your Thanksgiving Day celebrations – wish we celebrated it over here!

9. Kim
    November 29, 2010 | 10:28 pm

I love how excited your whole family was about Thanksgiving–great pictures.

I didn’t feed my family a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving dinner! We didn’t crash in front of movies all day & eat popcorn, cheese & crackers. Of course I didn’t miss cooking a second Thanksgiving dinner since we’d done it the weekend before with my family!

10. Ashley Pichea
    November 30, 2010 | 12:53 pm

The half-naked Indian brings back childhood memories… lol. Looks like a GREAT day together with family!

Stopping by to say “Hi!” from Hip Homeschool Hop!

11. Karolee
    December 1, 2010 | 12:19 am

I am NOT doing the same thing with my baby that you are doing with Bella; as a mom of 5 surely I know better too! ARGH! :)

Incidentally, my Bella is NINE now.

12. jay quiverfull families directory
    December 8, 2010 | 7:00 am

Our family has a great Thanksgiving tradition that makes for wonderful and touching and funny memories ever year. We pass the corn at the table after dinner saying what we’re thankful for.

Here’s ours from last year to see how it works: