Chocolate-Peanut Cluster Recipe

This super easy crock pot recipe for chocolate-peanut clusters is ideal for last minute gift giving.

Over the past two days the children and I have made hundreds of goodies to pass out to our neighbors and friends.  We chose 6 fairly simple recipes, doubled and quadrupled them and then put an assortment of each on cheery red plates to pass out.

This recipe was a last minute addition, thanks to a friend at church who mentioned that she made chocolate nut clusters in her slow cooker, perfect for when your oven is already in use.

Sadie (7) and Savannah (5) were able to whip out two batches of these all by themselves.

Chocolate-Peanut Clusters

2 pounds dry roasted peanuts (I used one pound salted and one pound unsalted)

48 oz white bark
4 oz sweet German chocolate
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips

Dump the peanuts into your crock pot and then add the remaining ingredients (no need to stir).  Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Then stir and drop by teaspoon full onto wax paper and allow to cool.

Yes, it really is that easy.  One batch yielded over 100 clusters.

Share on Facebook1Pin on Pinterest1Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

9 Responses to Chocolate-Peanut Cluster Recipe
  1. Kimarie @ The Cardamom's Pod
    December 22, 2010 | 8:44 am

Yummy! That certainly IS easy – Dave wanted us to make peanut butter balls, but I think we’ll add this, too. Although 5 of the kids are sniffly and I usually nix all sugar when that happens… 🙁

2. abba12
    December 22, 2010 | 6:17 pm

Could you explain what white bark is? I assume it’s not actually tree bark 😀 but whatever it is we must have a variation, or call it something different here. Google isn’t being particularly helpful today. Thanks!

Sarah V. Reply:

I’m pretty sure she is talking about white almond bark, but please correct me if I’m wrong! 🙂

Yes, it’s white almond bark or vanilla flavored candy coating. Here’s the Wikipedia link. Hope you can find some because these are delicious!

3. Ruth Adams
    December 22, 2010 | 9:29 pm

How/where do you buy the 4 oz German Chocolate? I love my slow cooker, and this looks super easy. 🙂

I found the German Chocolate in our regular grocery store right beside the cooking chocolate. It was in a bar form just like the unsweetened chocolate comes. I had never purchased it before either. 🙂

4. Ruth
    December 23, 2010 | 9:59 am

Thank you, Kimberly! I will look for it. I can’t wait to try this!

5. JenT
    December 23, 2010 | 11:18 am

I found this recipe too this year in a magazine. We haven’t done it yet, but I’m looking forward to trying it. We may save it until after the new year.

6. Monique
    December 23, 2010 | 11:19 pm

YUUUUMMMMMMM. My family was blessed to be a recipient of some of these clusters, and I’ve been enjoying them so much myself that I’ve yet to share a single one with my husband. Reminiscent of a snickers bar but soooo much less guilt. Seriously, this is one recipe well worth making. Thank you friend!