Chocolate Cake and Unmatched Socks: Not Me

“Not Me” – Bravely confessing some of my faults, failings and quirks by denying them.

I do not have a unmatched sock pile bigger than a healthy two year old. While I was working at sorting the unmatched socks, Bella did not bypass the piles and piles of unsorted socks and head directly for the one solitary stack of sorted socks and proceed to ‘unsort’ them for me.

We try to feed our children a healthy balanced diet and limit their sugar intake. So I did not feed the kids Chocolate Molten Cake (and only Chocolate Molten Cake) for lunch.
And yes, Chocolate Molten Cake is every bit as delectable as it sounds.

I’m not alone, right? What didn’t you do this week?

More Not Me posts.

Share on Facebook1Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter1

23 Responses to Chocolate Cake and Unmatched Socks: Not Me
  1. Annie @ Beauty In The Surrender
    January 31, 2011 | 8:39 am

I didn’t forget to leave the bathroom door closed and my 10 month old DID NOT, I repeat DID NOT get caught licking the toilet bowl.
    I did not drop out of the running for Mother of the Year. :op

2. Lisa
    January 31, 2011 | 8:56 am

Wow, you match up the socks before hand? Impressed.
    Growing up we had one big “sock basket” and it was up to us to find a match (though most socks were of the same style and type and my sister and I pretty much always wore the same size so it only to a moment). My husband, who does most of our laundry now actually matches and “balls up” the socks, which seems like so much unnecessary work–especially since he does our loads separately and all of my socks look the same now too, but I do have to admit, that it’s super sweet to find a basket full of socks he’s washed and balled just for me :)

3. Lisa
    January 31, 2011 | 8:57 am

*took* a moment I mean!–it’s early and I’m not quite caffeinated yet

4. Jama
    January 31, 2011 | 9:49 am

I think you needed to give one of your “children should not read this post” disclaimers. Ashley just came and asked me if we could have chocolate cake for lunch! :-)

Go Ashley!

As I recall, you recently wrote a post about this Jama, “Being a Yes Mom“. {Gotcha :) } but I’d definitely say that the kids should have to make it and clean it up. (You hear that Ashley?)

Jama Reply:

No fair using my blog against me!

5. sillygeese
    January 31, 2011 | 10:28 am

I love your NOT Me posts, so I did one for my brand new blog. Maybe I should have blogged about how I would NEVER let my kids go to school every day in mismatched socks. Or how my oldest started the trend of mismatched soccer socks for soccer practice and how the other mom’s responded to this trend!

One of my daughters loves to wear socks of the same style, but different colors. I actually think you can buy socks that don’t have a set ‘match’ they’re made to mis-match. It actually sounds like a good idea right about now.

6. Melissa
    January 31, 2011 | 10:29 am

I did NOT leave a 2 and 3 year old unrestrained to do paperwork for 15 minutes, and I did NOT then spend twice as long cleaning up popcorn which was strewn across 3 rooms of the house. None of this includes the time it took to unclog my vacuum cleaner which truly is NOT good for cleaning up popcorn LOL

7. Janice
    January 31, 2011 | 10:52 am

I did NOT reap the benefits of years of training my daughters at home to be good house wives by being gone for an entire day with my hubby and coming home to a clean house, groceries bought, and supper being put on the table. I AM so blessed!

8. Gabe
    January 31, 2011 | 12:08 pm

Oh, I am NOT thinking of making up that chocolate molten cake. Maybe for a date tonight with my hubby?

You will not regret it, just be sure to plan on eating it hot out of the oven.

Gabe Reply:

Yea, you were right! No regrets! We ended up pulling the oldest two (who worked VERY hard all day) out of bed to share with us. Thanks!

9. Samantha
    January 31, 2011 | 1:23 pm

Ha! That was it for lunch? My kids will be jealous!

10. Brandi
    January 31, 2011 | 1:39 pm

Take comfort and know that I have a laundry basket full of unmatched socks in my closet and really am not stressed about it anymore : ) I only feel bad for a few minutes when I see my 4 yr old son diggin for socks – builds character right?!

11. Laureen Eichelberger
    January 31, 2011 | 1:44 pm

this post made my day! I thought I was the only one in the world with a sock pile like this, my mil and sil think I’m nuts so I have to be sure I’m not matching them when they are around! lol! thanks for bringing some sunshine to my afternoon!

12. Ruth
    January 31, 2011 | 3:42 pm

I did NOT spend time organizing the school room this weekend only to walk in this morning and find that the toddler beat me in there and had strewn things all over the floor. Also the timeline poster that I hung over the weekend had NOT fallen from the wall while the hook was nowhere to be found.
    Isn’t Miss Bella cute playing with the socks. :) Lilly Faith has the same outfit in blue and brown. Such cute girls. :)

13. Cindy
    January 31, 2011 | 11:17 pm

I try and keep only one kind of socks per child. I only buy white. That way (in theory) we always have matches LOL.

All the socks go into the “Sock box” until I get to them to sort them all. Gosh how I dislike socks LOL

14. Dawna
    February 1, 2011 | 10:00 am

I have not been “no poo” for over a month now and I do not have the worst dandruff of my life. :( I am not desperately hoping you have some tips in this area.

15. SarahB
    February 1, 2011 | 10:26 am

I’ve heard of this, uh, other family who has a “sock drawer” where all socks go. But it’s not me. I heard it is their kids’ responsibility to find a reasonable match. Should the drawer get too full to close, I, er, the other mom, begrudgingly grabs a few handfulls of socks and matches them up. On this extremely rare occurance, the kids are shocked to find matched socks in their drawer (Hey Mom, why are there socks in my drawer?!) But it isn’t me. Oh no, not me. I match ours hot out of the dryer. I’m all Martha Stewart-ey like that. Yep.

16. Christi
    February 1, 2011 | 4:48 pm

Since I have a mismatched sock pile that rivals yours I found this post and comments encouraging.

17. Deirdre
    February 1, 2011 | 8:39 pm

I love how Bella is only wearing ONE bootie in the picture! Our unmatched pile is even bigger and we have fewer folks at our house. Grunt!

18. Kimberly
    May 6, 2011 | 3:59 pm

LOL loved this post. My girls actually refuse to wear matched socks, and will make me buy pairs that they can mix up. We have a sock bag, I go throught it once in a while and match things up just so they can come in and un match all of them again.