Free Books from Amazon

As homeschoolers we have part of our budget set aside for purchasing books, but over the past 2 years that budget has decreased dramatically while the number of books we’ve purchased has risen. How is this possible? We are able to get nearly all of our books for free from Amazon.com by using Swagbucks.

Swagbucks is a search engine just like Google only every time you search you have the opportunity to earn Swagbucks. Your Swagbucks can then be redeemed for items in the Swagbucks store. Our family always goes for the Amazon gift cards. Every so often I trade in our Swagbucks for more Amazon gift cards and apply them to my Amazon.com account.

To join simply head over to Swagbucks.com and sign up, then install the Swagbucks toolbar or make Swagbucks your default search engine on your computer and start winning.

No junk email, no security worries, just free books from Amazon, Swagbucks works for me.

*If you sign up for Swagbucks through my link, I earn one Swagbuck for each Swagbuck you earn up through 1,000. So literally it’s win-win!

Share on Facebook6Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter0

13 Responses to Free Books from Amazon
  1. Roan
    February 7, 2011 | 7:50 am

Wow! I always wondered what Swagbucks was. So, all you do is use Swagbucks instead of Google? I guess I need to check this out. I spend a lot of book budget money at Amazon. Free gift cards sounds like a super idea!

I need to talk to you sometime about Sonlight core Alt 7….which is core 6 and 7 combined.

Have a great day!
    Roan

2. Kayla
    February 7, 2011 | 8:01 am

We love SWAG!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Samantha
    February 7, 2011 | 9:29 am

I use it too, although I don’t get THAT much for free…I have gotten about 40 or 50 bucks in cards though.

4. Andrea
    February 7, 2011 | 10:04 am

I love swagbucks too. I get 1-2 $5 cards a month and while it isnt much it is something for almost doing nothing.

5. Nicki
    February 7, 2011 | 12:51 pm

We love it, too! Last year, I spent all mine on Christmas presents. I plan to do that agaain this year.

6. Rachel R.
    February 7, 2011 | 1:31 pm

I only wish I had signed up for Swagbucks sooner. The ONLY thing we changed in our lifestyle was I changed the default search engine from google to swagbucks. We get approx. 2 $5 Amazon cards each month, and now ha^e $50 waiting for us to decide what to do with it.

It doesn’t sound like much, but that is $50 that I wouldn’t ha^e otherwise.

7. Elizabeth
    February 7, 2011 | 4:37 pm

i’m afraid i forget to use swagbucks . . . .or don’t find what i’m looking for and go back to google. Here’s to another try . . . .

8. Taylin
    February 7, 2011 | 5:49 pm

I have seen a lot of people talking about swagbucks but I never knew how it worked. Thanks for explaining!! I WILL be signing up!

9. Jemma
    February 7, 2011 | 11:05 pm

We have recently started using Swagbucks and we already have enough to get a $5 Amazon gift card! We use the search bar for everything. Thanks for explaining this so well. Hopefully we can earn enough bucks to buy all our books too!

10. Stephanie
    February 8, 2011 | 9:01 am

I love swagbucks- it is how I have picked up the little extras like fun books for presents. I am *this* close to replacing our dead electric griddle (about three months sooner than expected)using swagbucks.

11. Liz
    February 9, 2011 | 11:05 am

Do you know if this works on amazon.co.uk as well?

Because English people love books too!

Yes Liz, you can purchase amazon.co.uk gift cards with your swagbucks as well as .com and .ca cards.

12. Amy Walton
    February 14, 2011 | 7:36 pm

Thanks for introducing me to swagbucks. Looks like a nice way to get redeemable Amazon cards as well as coupons for things I use. Again, thanks! :D