Not Me: Dancing, Late Nights and Eggs

“Not Me” – Bravely confessing some of my (or my family’s) faults, failings and quirks by denying them.

Immediately after asking the children to be more careful in the kitchen, I did not proceed to drop a carton of eggs on the floor

and I did not drop a second cartons of eggs a few days later.

If I had dropped two cartons of eggs, I would not have picked them up off the floor, scrambled them and served them for breakfast without telling anyone, nope not me.

At the Patriot’s Ball, we did not momentarily lose track of Savannah (6) only to find her dancing with some (unknown to us) little boy.

We do not suspect that she asked him to dance with her, violating ball etiquette. “It ain’t fittin’, it just ain’t fittin’.”

Because we realize that sleep is important to growing children we made sure that the children were home early

and tucked into bed so they could get a full night’s sleep.

We did not stay late at the ball setting up our younger children to be tired and cranky the following day.

Mark did not introduce and encourage Bella to play Angry Birds.

I do not think that she may be addicted.

Here are some gratuitous photos of my kids, ’cause ya know it is my blog and I think they’re cute.

BR: Kaitlin, Matthew, Amber, Isabella. MR: Sadie, Carter, Alyssa FR: Nicholas, Colby, Savannah

Sadie (7) and Colby (4)

Isabella in a laundry basket

It’s not just me, right?

Share on Facebook1Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter0

23 Responses to Not Me: Dancing, Late Nights and Eggs
  1. chantelle
    February 28, 2011 | 9:37 am

Love it!! Yes, they are all very beautiful! :)

2. Mrs. White
    February 28, 2011 | 9:37 am

They are adorable!!!

Blessings
    Mrs. White

3. Jennifer
    February 28, 2011 | 9:39 am

That cracks me up (no pun intended!) that you dropped the eggs twice. Are you pregnant? The reason I ask is because *I* have been butterfingers lately and I though to myself “the only time I act like this is when I’m pregnant! Need to go get a test”. So, I’m wondering if the same is true for you, lol. :)

I didn’t connect the clumsiness with pregnancy until just now, but no I’m not pregnant. Although the children are already praying for another sibling. :)

4. sue
    February 28, 2011 | 9:47 am

No, not just you! They are beautiful!

5. Annie @ Beauty In The Surrender
    February 28, 2011 | 10:03 am

How cute! Love the pictures of the kids, too!

6. Liz M
    February 28, 2011 | 10:49 am

Love this one! And I have to confess that my kids too are addicted to Angry Birds. :)

7. Savannah
    February 28, 2011 | 11:30 am

Had to laugh at the eggs, just because a few months ago I did almost the same thing: dropped an egg one day, then about 2 days later, dropped another (that one landed on my baby girl’s head, who happened to be standing right underfoot at the time)

8. Kim
    February 28, 2011 | 11:53 am

LOL. My kids love angry birds. :) They are totally addicted, but only get to play on my mom’s iPad, so at least it limited to a few times a week. ;) Unless we buy it for our laptop…

Love Savannah’s dress!

9. Heather
    February 28, 2011 | 12:19 pm

I love this post:) It is fun to see everyone growing up! Bella’s face watching angry birds is hilarious. I wish I could have pulled it together to take ours to that Ball–what a great experience for kids. Looks like they had a blast. Take care!

Oh, I would have loved to meet you!! Maybe some other time and if you’re ever in Knoxville look us up.

10. Stephanie
    February 28, 2011 | 1:22 pm

What a fun time at the ball and they are very cute :)

11. Becky
    February 28, 2011 | 1:29 pm

So cute! It looks like it was a blast!
    Becky

12. Michelle Ross
    February 28, 2011 | 1:36 pm

Awesome picture of your kiddo’s!!! Just adorable.

13. Emily M.
    February 28, 2011 | 4:32 pm

That was one of your best “not me” posts! Very funny! I love the picture of all of them dressed up, what a great looking group! :)

14. Renata
    February 28, 2011 | 7:49 pm

LOL – I’m glad I’m not alone in some of the things I do!
    Have a great day
    Renata:)

15. Linda
    March 1, 2011 | 10:37 am

LOVE THESE PICTURES!

16. Jeree B
    March 1, 2011 | 2:42 pm

Not just you. They are adorable. I bet they had a wonderful time and will remember that ball forever!!

17. Teresa
    March 1, 2011 | 8:17 pm

your kids ARE so cute–and I just have to ask–could you maybe write a blog entry about HOW IN THE WORLD you get 10 kids to look at the camera and smile at the same time!?!?!? I can’t even do that with two. Ever. LOL.

We do have a system, albeit not a very high tech system, it involves lots of funny faces and I have made a note to write a blog post about it. ;)

18. Cari
    March 2, 2011 | 9:36 am

Well I thought of you this this post this A.M. Because I did not pass my 16 yr son a tea towel to dry his hair with because I have not neglected the laundry for a week. LOL

19. Michelle
    March 9, 2011 | 7:40 pm

What a fun post! Your pictures are all beautiful, but I think the one I smiled most at was your husband and Bella playing Angry Birds! It just so reminds me of something my husband would do. ;-)

20. Laura
    May 13, 2014 | 5:57 pm

Amazing how God humbles us…I do that all the time. I get mad at my kids for accidents and then I end up doing the same thing. Children are such a lesson for us in so many ways!
    Love this:)