Not Me: Outside Play

After 5 winters in Knoxville without any ‘playable’ amounts of snow, we did NOT receive many, many lovely playable snowfalls this year after I had given away all of our snow pants, boots and  gloves.

I did NOT put sandwich baggies on Nick’s hands and cover them with a pair of socks so that he could play in the snow

and I certainly did not send my little man outside in a purple coat accented with pink flowers.

Nope, not me.

I recently did not walk into the bathroom to discover a mud covered stool and cabinet front

where someone climbed up to look in the mirror, a mud caked countertop

where someone climbed up to wash and a muddy towel

where someone tried to wipe off the offending article.

I followed the mud trail out of the bathroom, through the hall into a bedroom and I did not find mud all over one of the beds and a boot resting in a drawer of clean clothes,

a very muddy boot.

This is what I found at the end of it all.

He did take off his boots before he tramped onto the carpet, but I’d clean up 10 1000 a million times that much mud for this sweet little face,wouldn’t you?

Facebook0Pinterest0EmailTwitter0

12 Responses to Not Me: Outside Play
  1. Jama
    March 21, 2011 | 8:39 am

I have never sent my son out to play in the snow in pink snowboots! Recently I did NOT let me 3 year old son wear a bike helmet covered in flowers because he had out grown his. He was quite oblivious and just glad to be riding his bike, but his 5 year old sister yelled from across the yard, “You can’t wear that helmet! It’s for a girl!” Such is life in a large family. By the time you get to child 4 or 5, who cares if it’s pink. If it fits, wear it!

Suzanne Reply:

I do NOT consistently let my 2 year old boy drive a hot pink 4 wheeler because it’s fun. And for the sake of our 5th child I have NOT just given up on caring what the neighbors think!

2. Laura
    March 21, 2011 | 8:58 am

What a mess! But at least it is just mud, not something more sinister, right? :)

Yes, I initially thought it was something more sinister. I’m counting my blessings!

3. Annie @ Beauty In The Surrender
    March 21, 2011 | 8:59 am

What a turkey!

4. Claire
    March 21, 2011 | 11:09 am

Haha….you only HOPE that is mud!

In December the movers came and packed up all of our stuff in Connecticut and drove it to our new home in Mississippi. Meanwhile we loaded our van and started driving down ourselves. We made it about halfway before getting seriously snowed in in Virginia. Where was the giant pile of snow gear? On the moving truck in balmy Mississippi. Of course.

5. Mama Mirage
    March 21, 2011 | 11:53 am

Awww he’s such a cutie! My own 2 1/2 year old son “did not” wear too-small The Little Mermaid swim diapers into the hotel pool the other day because it’s been so long since and so rare that we ever swim that all I had was the leftover half a pack of girly swim diaps from when his older sister was a baby…

6. sue
    March 21, 2011 | 12:34 pm

Such an adorable face!

7. Cari
    March 21, 2011 | 1:17 pm

EVERY spring I am surprised at the amount of laundry….one would think that after being a mom for 16 yrs I would be the wiser!

8. Jenny
    March 21, 2011 | 2:09 pm

So happy you’re still doing Not Me Monday! Too cute ;-)

9. Sally
    March 21, 2011 | 8:56 pm

i have NEVER put my son in pink cloth diapers, and certainly NOT flowery diaper covers. Never would dress him all winter in pink footie jammies ;)

10. Lori @ Momma's Hands
    March 26, 2011 | 12:21 am

I love these “Not Me” posts ~ HILARIOUS!!