Last week I wrote about the practicality of owning a bounce house. Now I’ll tell you about the specific bounce house that we got (it’s ideal for our family) and try to answer some of your practical questions about bounce houses in general.
Our family received the Misty Kingdom Bounce House and Ball Pit by Blast Zone.
The Misty Kingdom inflates in less than 2 minutes and has a large 7′ x 9′ bounce floor made of commercial vinyl surrounded by heavy duty safety netting. The entrance to the bounce floor is a small slide that is easy for even small children to access.
It also boasts a small climbing wall (it’s a climbing wall to the 4 and under crowd, the older kids just bounce to the top of the slide).
In addition to the bounce floor this bounce house has a slide that may be used dry
When you purchase the Misty Kingdom it comes with the bounce house, a blower, stakes for both the blower and the house, a carrying case, misting system (for the water) and a patching kit.
The bounce house takes just a few minutes to set up and several of our children are able to do it by themselves.
Because of the amount of rocks in our yard, we always lay out a tarp under the house, but this step would not be necessary if you have a nice grassy yard.
You simply unroll the bounce house,
stake down the sides and attach the blower. Once you start the blower the bounce house inflates in less than two minutes (we’ve found it to be a lot faster than that).
One other feature of the Misty Kingdom that I particularly like is the space at the entrance and exit. This space keeps the children from tramping across the grass (or mud if you’re using the water feature) and so keeps debris and mud out of the bounce house. It’s also an excellent area for children to wait for their turn.
Things you should know:
• The Misty Kingdom safely and comfortably handles up to 5 bouncers with a maximum weight of 100 pounds per bouncer. We found that this bounce house was adequate even if 5 of our oldest children want to bounce at the same time.
• Having ten children causes you to seriously consider the durability of anything; furniture, vacuum cleaners, paint, dishwashers and even bounce houses and this bounce house passes our durability test.
• You may use bounce houses indoors. We set up the Misty Kingdom downstairs for a couple of weeks and the kids practically lived in it. Several of them related to me that they were even bouncing in their dreams.
• The blower must be plugged in and running the whole time the bounce house is being used.
• You will need to take down the bounce house after you use it as it shouldn’t be left outdoors. If the bounce house is not wet (more on that in a minute), it simply must be deflated, folded, rolled up and put into it’s carrying case. Mark and I can put the bounce house away in about 10 minutes. It takes the children about 15 minutes.
• The bounce house is about the size of a large sleeping bag when it’s put away. The storage case has a handle that makes it easier to transport and we’ve never had any difficulty getting the bounce house back into it’s case.
• If you use the water feature on the bounce house, you must allow it to dry before storing it. This process took a couple of hours in humid East Tennessee. We emptied the water out of the pool areas and dried the bounce floor with a towel. Then we left the blower going to dry out the insides. The kids firmly believe that it’s worth the extra effort to be able to use the water slide and I don’t disagree, it’s just not an everyday occurrence and when you live where you get a lot of rain (like we do) it’s something to consider.
There are a variety of inflatable bounce houses available with different features for different budgets. Our family has been delighted with the Misty Kingdom. Having the large bounce floor in addition the slide and water options has been wonderful to keep all of our children entertained for hours and hours.
And for those of you who want to see it all in action; bouncing, sliding, splashing and crashing (Nick wipes out TWICE on the little entrance slide, good thing everything is so soft and bouncy):
Hurry and you can enter to win your own bounce house.
Our family received The Misty Kingdom Bounce House and Ball Pit in return for posting about it on this blog. All opinions are our own.