Ben and Bella

While I was in the hospital giving birth to Bella (do you call it giving birth when you have a c-section?),¬† a friend of mine arrived at the same hospital to have her baby. She ended up having a little boy in the same hospital, with the same OB, on the same day that Bella was born. We memorialized the occasion by snapping a couple quick pictures despite our newborn’s protests.

Ben and Bella both a few hours old

Last week we got together to celebrate their joint birthday and snapped some more pictures.

Ben and Bella 1st birthday (Bella is still a little apprehensive)

They were more tolerant of the pictures this year,

Yessss!

but that may have been because we bribed them with cake.

I love how she habitually pulls on her ear.

Happy birthday. We have been blessed in so many ways!

Facebook9Pinterest0EmailTwitter2

13 Responses to Ben and Bella
  1. chantelle
    July 13, 2011 | 8:55 am

How fast time goes by…. Sweet pictures! Happy Birthday Bella! :)

2. anna
    July 13, 2011 | 8:57 am

so cute!

3. Leann
    July 13, 2011 | 9:17 am

Happy Birthdays Bella and Ben!
    I was blessed to give birth in the same 24 hr as my sil – only it was 1.5 hrs too late to be the same day. We have the same newborn/1st birthday pictures.

4. Rachel R.
    July 13, 2011 | 9:33 am

Happy Birthday!!

5. Rachel E.
    July 13, 2011 | 11:14 am

Bella is very sweet. My Abigail pulls on her ears too. Mostly when she is crying. She doesn’t have any problems with her ears, but pulls on them anyway.

6. Mrs. Random
    July 13, 2011 | 11:49 am

It absolutely counts as giving birth if you have a c-section! :) My c-section of my daughter’s birth was one of the most spiritual and profound moments of my life.

You are a wonderful mom and I love reading your blog. Don’t cheat yourself out of fully appreciating the birth of your beautiful daughter just because it didn’t go exactly as you might have thought it should. God often has other plans for us :)

7. Rachel K
    July 13, 2011 | 12:14 pm

Wow! I love how those picture show how much they changed in a year!

8. Kelli McCurdy
    July 13, 2011 | 2:18 pm

What a sweet post! It was a blessing to celebrate with you guys!

9. I Live in An Antbed
    July 13, 2011 | 6:18 pm

How adorable!!!

10. amanda
    July 13, 2011 | 8:53 pm

What a sweet experience…Happy Birthday!

can I ask how many c-sections you’ve had? I had my first one last year and can’t go vbac…just curious ;)

Hi Amanda,

This was my first c-section. You may read my abbreviated birth history here. It explains why we had a c-section this time and includes links to the birth stories I’ve posted.

I know that there are some women who have many c-sections without any problems. Hope you find the info you need.

11. valerie
    July 13, 2011 | 10:54 pm

what cutie patooties!!!

12. Jessi @ Quirky Cookery
    July 14, 2011 | 4:06 pm

Aww, that’s so awesome how similar it was in location, time, doctor! Happy birthday to the both of them.