Not Me: Popcorn, Babies and Mold

“Not Me” – Bravely confessing some of my (or my family’s)  faults, failings and quirks by denying them.

It has not been more than 5 months since my last ‘not me’ post, even though I know that some people, who call themselves our friends, (I’m not naming names here ’cause I’m just that nice) ONLY read when I post a ‘not me’ post.

When packing snacks for a picnic, I did not resort to a garbage bag for transporting enough popcorn for the whole crew.

I never find gross things, like half-eaten, moldy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, in the diaper bag. If I did I would not post about it on Facebook and there is no way that I would ever  take a picture of it to post on the blog,

even if Kimberly Harris-Dill did suggest it.

Five year old Colby, who always keeps us on our toes, did not ask me, “How many more days do I have to pray that God will give us a baby till we get one?”

What have you and your children NOT done this week?

Facebook8Pinterest0EmailTwitter2

16 Responses to Not Me: Popcorn, Babies and Mold
  1. Ashley
    September 26, 2011 | 9:40 am

The moldy sandwich in the diaper bag makes me feel better about the status of mine. I find old cheerios, raisins, and other such snacks in the bottom of mine evertime I clean it out (which is not very often!).

Love Colby’s remark! It makes me so happy that our kids love babies. Brooke is dying for another baby even more after seeing little Rebecca yesterday. Can’t say that it didn’t make her mommy want some newborn cuddles again soon too :)

I can’t wait to meet Rebecca. I may be a little jealous that you’ve already had that opportunity.

Ashley Reply:

Come stay a few days with us in Huntsville! We have a room for you and Rebecca is only 15 minutes away :)

2. Melissa Fox
    September 26, 2011 | 11:08 am

No shame!

Our 3 year old is asking for another baby already (we have a 5 week old!) but he wants a sister next. We told him that it was up to God- which he prayed, “Dear God can I have a sister next”. He waited then sais, “God said no!”

I love this story. So precious!

Just after we had our third child (and our oldest was 2 1/2 years) the kids found out that some mommies have two babies at one time and started praying for twins. I’m not saying that I prayed against them, but I wasn’t disappointed when our next was a singleton. ;)

3. Laura
    September 26, 2011 | 11:11 am

My children were praying for our next little one too. They were so excited when I told them that we were expecting. They of course did NOT figure it out by looking at my tummy even though I was only 8 weeks along.

At least you were expecting. Just after one of our babies was born, one of our other ones poked my tummy and said, “Mommy, I think there’s another baby in there.”

Laura Reply:

Mine have done that too. Usually one of the boys. After one of my babies was born on a Friday my daughter told my Mom that I was staying home from Sunday morning service because I couldn’t fit in my clothes!

4. Jama
    September 26, 2011 | 11:54 am

Love Colby’s question. Andrew asked me yesterday if I had a baby in my tummy. :-(

5. Katie L
    September 26, 2011 | 12:14 pm

I have compassion for little Colby’s remark… I ask that question lots of days… how long until God gives me a baby…

6. Meg
    September 26, 2011 | 4:01 pm

Thanks for keeping it real!

I absolutely should have written last night’s diatribe about our pirate troubles as a “Not Me” post!

As in, I did NOT spend quite a bit of time with my arm down the toilet trying to retrieve a stubborn pirate while my 3 youngest did NOT practice mayhem in the bathtub. And I most certainly did NOT lose my cool with every single member of my family after a NOT SO great day of renovation.

I hate the ‘toy down the toilet’ scenario. Our toilet was slow for about a week before we finally retrieved a plastic dog from the commode.

7. Celee
    September 26, 2011 | 10:24 pm

I was reminding our 5 yr old son recently that we need to keep praying for rain. He said, “I’m praying for another baby.” I passed that along to his dad, who was a little less enthusiastic : ).

8. Heidi
    September 27, 2011 | 2:09 pm

That’s A LOT of popcorn!
    You never know what you’ll find in a diaper bag, hey? ;)

9. MomStarr
    September 27, 2011 | 3:50 pm

Well Jama, Do you? Come on don’t leave me all alone in this full quiver thing. I am going to tell Andrew to pray real hard for his mommy!!

Kimberly, that is really gross!!! I don’t think my kids have ever seen anything moldy…I’ll call them to the computer and tell them that Mrs. R has some. HA

10. Deirdre
    September 27, 2011 | 11:53 pm

Got to love that Colby! I often use those garbage bags to keep large pieces of meat in the fridge (turkeys, hams, etc). Ahh, I too found a PB sandwich in my diaper bag recently. Even moldier than yours, believe it or not. Shortly there after I found a bag tucked in with some baby clothing that contained a couple of wet cloth diapers along with a container that had held a boiled egg. (Leftovers from some out of the house excursion) The bag now however also contained a lot of maggots. I thought about a FB post, but decided against it.