It’s been a good year, a year of struggle and growth and a year of seeing a tremendous amount of fruit in the lives of our children.
It’s also been a year of reevaluation and of a strengthening resolve. God has given us peace through it all and a confidence that this is exactly what He has for us, even when we want to have something else. God is good!
Here are some of the big and little things that I’m thankful for this year:
- The everyday reality of life in a large family. From spilled paint to a load of pink laundry, this day of live-blogging makes me laugh when I remember that this is a TYPICAL day. (No wonder I’m tired.)
- That God loved us enough to use cancer to change our family.
- That when we doubted, God didn’t give up, but rather showed us that children really are a blessing.
- That I haven’t had to post about Erb’s Palsy in over a year and sometimes I even forget about it all together.
- The amazing, free, once in a life-time trip to NYC that God provided last year.
- Thanksgiving in Pictures (2010) (It’s ok to laugh at our quirkiness.)
- The family traditions, including marshmallow fights and jammie-drills, that we will participate in over the next few days and weeks.
- I’m thankful for the everyday nitty-gritty process of living life to the glory of God and the joy that He infuses into even the most simple experiences.
- Reading through the Bible several times this year with my husband and children.
Thank you for your comments, emails, encouragement and prayers. Thank you for taking the time to visit and read about our family and thank you for taking the time to let me know how God has used our efforts on this blog to encourage, strengthen and change you and your family. We appreciate you more than perhaps you will ever know.
Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours. May God bless you with His peace, love and grace now and throughout the year.