It seems like the holidays are a time when every family has a plethora of special traditions. Here are some of our favorite, fun family traditions for the month of December:
- Marshmallow wars
- Christmas Mysteries– They keep everyone on their toes.
- Santa’ hats – All the children wear them whenever we go out. It brings lots of smiles and gives us more opportunities than usual to express to others God’s blessing of children.
- We give money to every bell ringer we see. The children collect their change (and often their savings) so they all have something to give.
- After dark we take the long way home in order to enjoy the Christmas lights and enjoy the little ones joyful reactions to the Christmas lights.
- Jammie Drill – Christmas lights and hot chocolate
- A Family Fun Night where we watch Polar Express and serve hot chocolate right at the point in the movie where they sing the song ‘Hot, Hot, Hot, Hot Chocolate’.
- Christmas caroling with plates of goodies
- Handel’s ‘Messiah’ We usually find a church that is doing a free performance.
What are some of your favorite family traditions?