This week the 4 Moms are sharing some of our ideas for appetizers and snacks for a crowd and asking you to join in by linking up some of your favorite recipes.
We often have last minute company or company that stays beyond one meal, so most often our snacks for a crowd are super simple items that we always have on hand:
- Popcorn (plain or with fun toppings)
- Homemade granola bars
- Apple slices (toss with a little lemon juice to prevent them turning brown)
- Carrot sticks
- Chips with homemade salsa
- Sour dough crackers and cheese (My favorite sourdough cracker recipe is part of the GNOWFGLINS sourdough eCourse, highly recommended.)
If I have some notice then our fare may be a little more interesting:
- Garlicky baked fries – Yum! We had these for snack yesterday afternoon.
- Pumpkin soup – Or any other type of soup without chunks and served in mugs with no spoons.
- Cranberry pretzel dip with pretzels
- Cauliflower Poppers
- Ham and Cheese Sliders – or another simpler sandwich offering
- Hot Wings – (Recipe below) We make these up, sans the sauce, and store them in the freezer. Whenever we want hot wings we simply heat them up and drizzle the sauce on top.
Hot Wings Recipe
Ingredients for wings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 chicken wings
- oil for deep frying
Mix together all spices. Place chicken in large bowl or dish and sprinkle spices over top until chicken pieces are evenly coated. Spread coated chicken pieces evenly in dish and cover and refrigerate for 60-90 minutes. (This step is important.)
Fry coated wings in hot oil (375 degrees) for 10-15 minutes or until parts of the wings begin to turn brown. (We use a deep fryer)
Freeze at this point or continue on to next step. If you freeze wings you will simply bake until hot when you take them out and then continue to next step.
Ingredients for sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
Combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan over low heat. Heat and stir until butter is melted and ingredients are well blended. Drizzle over hot wings.
Now it’s your turn to share your favorite appetizer and snack recipes. Please play by these rules:
- You must link to a specific relevant post on your blog.
- Your post must include a link to at least one of the 4 Moms blogs.
- The post you link to must be completely family friendly.
If your link is deleted, you probably didn’t follow one of the rules above. Please feel free to add your link again once you have fixed the problem. If you don’t know why your link was deleted, please ask.
For more Moms of Many posts visit the 4 Moms page.