Homemade Hot Wings and Other Snacks for a Crowd: 4 Moms Link Up

moms of many manageThis week the 4 Moms are sharing some of our ideas for appetizers and snacks for a crowd and asking you to join in by linking up some of your favorite recipes.

We often have last minute company or company that stays beyond one meal, so most often our snacks for a crowd are super simple items that we always have on hand:

If I have some notice then our fare may be a little more interesting:

Photo Credit SausageKingOfSeattle

Hot Wings Recipe

Ingredients for wings

• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 10 chicken wings
  • oil for deep frying

Mix together all spices. Place chicken in large bowl or dish and sprinkle spices over top until chicken pieces are evenly coated. Spread coated chicken pieces evenly in dish and cover and refrigerate for 60-90 minutes. (This step is important.)

Fry coated wings in hot oil (375 degrees) for 10-15 minutes or until parts of the wings begin to turn brown. (We use a deep fryer)

Freeze at this point or continue on to next step. If you freeze wings you will simply bake until hot when you take them out and then continue to next step.

Ingredients for sauce

• 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup hot sauce
  • 1 dash ground black pepper
  • 1 dash garlic powder

Combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan over low heat. Heat and stir until butter is melted and ingredients are well blended. Drizzle over hot wings.

Now it’s your turn to share your favorite appetizer and snack recipes.  Please play by these rules:

1. You must link to a specific relevant post on your blog.
  2. Your post must include a link to at least one of the 4 Moms blogs.
  3. The post you link to must be completely family friendly.

If your link is deleted, you probably didn’t follow one of the rules above. Please feel free to add your link again once you have fixed the problem. If you don’t know why your link was deleted, please ask.

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

Visit the other moms of many:
Smockity Frocks
Life in a Shoe
The Common Room

For more Moms of Many posts visit the 4 Moms page.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest62Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter

10 Responses to Homemade Hot Wings and Other Snacks for a Crowd: 4 Moms Link Up
  1. Ashley B
    January 12, 2012 | 9:23 am

Thank you for the link up opportunity and for the chance to add more recipes to my already expanding list!! 🙂

2. Carrie @ Our Full House
    January 12, 2012 | 11:50 am

My big boys love hot wings! I will have to make your recipe for them this week. Thanks for the great snack ideas.

3. Dianne
    January 12, 2012 | 1:41 pm

(I don’t have a blog, but want to leave my favorite snacks anyway) Tomorrow, I have to take a snack for our homeschooling co-op and two of my favorites are Puppy Chow (Aka Chex Muddy Buddies) and what I call Chocolate Toffee Bark or I’ve heard it called “Heath Bar.” It’s the one with the saltine cracker covered with toffee and then melted chocolate chips. They are both so fast and easy to make and I almost always have the required ingredients on hand. These two snacks always go over so well and they almost always disappear.

4. Donna
    January 12, 2012 | 2:39 pm

Curious about trying the homemade granola. Have you ever done it with chocolate chips or adding peanut butter? Those are my husband and daughter’s favorites.

Hi Donna,

I’ve never tried it with chocolate chips. I have made granola (not granola bars) with peanut butter. I’ve never gotten enough peanut butter added to really taste it, however. We’re currently working toward more sprouted grains and nuts so granola making is on hold.

5. Elizabeth
    January 12, 2012 | 6:39 pm

these sound great for a super bowl party! I linked up one of my favorite appetizers!

6. Nikki
    January 13, 2012 | 2:43 am

I am drooling on my keyboard. I’m definitely pinning this!

7. Cassie
    January 16, 2012 | 8:22 am

I hope that everything is well with your family. I do miss your blog updates! Yours is my favorite blog to read and God has used you to teach me so much. Thank you.

Thank you, Cassie. I’m hoping to get back to a little more regular blogging soon. I have plenty to say, but am just not finding the time to say it.

8. Jessica
    January 17, 2012 | 10:11 am

Made the cauliflower poppers last night for my husband and he absolutely love them. Thanks for the idea!