While it’s true that our family rarely has leftovers, it does occasionally happen, and being the incredibly creative cook that I am (go ahead and laugh), I do one of four things with our family’s leftovers.
If there is enough leftover from one meal to feed our family another full meal I:
1. pack up the leftovers, label them and put them in the freezer to pull out and serve for dinner at a future date
2. pack up the leftovers and put them in the fridge to serve for dinner another night during the week.
If there are not enough leftovers to feed our family another full meal I:
3. put the leftovers in the fridge and at the end of the week plan a lunch or dinner (depending upon the amount of leftovers collected) buffet where everyone gets to choose the leftovers of his/her choice to eat
4. put the leftovers in the fridge and instruct someone to eat them for lunch in the following days.
I realize that my plan is not creative, but it works and my family doesn’t mind eating leftovers.
Now it’s your turn to share how you deal with leftovers in your home. Please play by these rules:
- You must link to a specific relevant post on your blog.
- Your post must include a link to at least one of the 4 Moms blogs.
- The post you link to must be completely family friendly.
If your link is deleted, you probably didn’t follow one of the rules above. Please feel free to add your link again once you have fixed the problem. If you don’t know why your link was deleted, please ask.
For info about our parenting ebook or bios of all four moms visit 4Moms35Kids.com
For more Moms of Many posts visit the 4 Moms page.