It is how I ensure that we have something to eat on those days when things just don’t go as planned or when I’ve procrastinated the grocery shopping. We also use our stock of freezer meals to be able to take dinner to another family on short notice.
For a couple of years our family cooked almost exclusively for our freezer. We got together with 4 other families one day every two months and cooked 40-50 meals for each family’s freezer.
Since most things will freeze well, we still try to add one or two meals to our freezer each week by doubling a recipe that we’re making for dinner. This is my favorite way to cook for the freezer since it requires almost no extra effort.
Here is more information about how freezer cooking works in our home and some of our freezer recipes:
- How we cook in bulk for our freezer
- Freezer cooking in pictures
- Our disastrous first attempt at freezer cooking (Can you believe my sweet friends invited us back?)
- Beef recipes for freezing
- More freezer recipes
- Freezer recipes collection (winter): Part 1
- Freezer recipes collection (winter): Part 2
- Freezer recipes collection (winter): Part 3
- Favorite Black Bean Soup (vegetarian)
- Mexican Lasagna
- Lentil Chili (vegetarian option)
Now it’s your turn to share your freezer recipes or tips. Please remember these rules:
- Your post must be family friendly.
- Link to a specific relevant post, not to the homepage of your blog.
- Your post must include a link to at least one of the 4 Moms.
- If your link is deleted, you probably didn’t follow these rules. We hope you’ll fix the problem and try again! If you don’t know why your link was deleted, just ask.
Be sure to visit the other 4 Moms to read what they have to say about this topic:
For more Moms of Many posts visit the 4 Moms page.