Enter for an excellent chance to win a Lilla Rose Flexi of your choice.

Today is another 4 Moms question and answer post. So here goes.moms of many manage

Marie asked,

Does your family use essential oils? What are your favorite uses – especially with cold & flu season?

Yes, our family uses essential oils.

It’s important to use pure, high quality oils when using them for medicinal purposes. Oils of lesser quality may not be as effective and may even contain harmful contaminates. We exclusively use Young Living essential oils and they have been amazingly effective (even hubby is convinced) and their effectiveness for minor ailments such as cold, flu, ear infections, burns, bedwetting, etc. has been almost immediate. (Young Living is currently giving $40 product to new members who order $100 in product. If you sign up with me as either a customer or distributor I will send you an email with more info. My member number is 1328200.)

This cold and flu season has been bad in our area and we’ve been exposed to RSV, stomach flu, THE flu, colds, etc. and thankfully gotten away with just a few days of runny noses and a few coughs.

We use Thieves to knock out a sore throat and at the first sign of cold symptoms. This is an oil blend that is anti-viral and helps to support immune systems.

We’ve been directly exposed influenza twice this year and both times different family members started exhibiting symptoms shortly after (fever, body aches, head ache, chills, etc) exposure, but we’ve used this great protocol and the symptoms vanished within 12 hours.

Essential oil protocol for Influenza

At the first sign of flu symptoms:

Take a warm bath to which the following have been added:

• 5 drops Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree)
  • 2 drops Lavender
  • 2 drops Thyme

Then massage your whole body with:

• 2 drops Meleleuca Alternifoila (Tea Tree)
  • 2 drops Eucalyptus

Mix those essential oils together then add them to 1 tsp of carrier oil (We use olive, coconut or sweet almond as carrier oils.) for the massage.

Spray bedroom with Thyme and Lavender or diffuse that combo in the room and go to bed.

Common cold

My children swear by this ‘common cold’ massage oil. It gives immediate relief although, like all essential oils it may need to be reapplied often.

• 1 drop Lemon
  • 2 drops Eucalyptus
  • 3 drops Rosemary

Mix these oils together then add 1 tsp 0f carrier oil. Use 1-3 drops to massage around sinus area, neck and chest to relieve congestion, stuffy head, cough and tightness in chest.

Congested cough

This is a terrifically effective, although really nasty tasting, treatment for a congested cough.

Create this oil blend:

• 2 drops Eucalyptus
  • 1 drop Thyme
  • 1 drop Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree)

Then put 1 drop of this blend into a Tablespoon of honey (raw, local honey is best). Pour warm/hot water over and sip slowly. I actually prefer to skip the water and just gulp the honey/oil mix down. It seems to me the water just prolongs the yuckiness. :)

Esther wanted,

Practical expectations for an 18 month old. Both in what tasks they are able to help with and also dealing with comprehension and obedience expectations.

Every child will be different when they’re 18 months and you know your child best, so keep that in mind. Here is a list of chores that we assign to  children who are 2.

• Help load the washer and dryer.
  • Empty small trash cans.
  • Run simple errands like fetching the diapers and wipes.
  • Help add ingredients while you cook.
  • Sweep the floor using a small dust pan and brush.
  • Help dust.
  • Move things while you vacuum.
  • Put their own toys away.

For chore suggestions for other ages, visit my daily chores post.

All of our children, at 18 months, have been capable of immediate, cheerful obedience. They have also been capable of easily sitting through family as well as corporate worship.

18 month olds, who are verbal, are capable of lots of memorization (I suppose that those who aren’t particularly verbal are also capable of this, it’s just hard to determine if they have something memorized). Several of our children have have memorized the Children’s Catechism  by the age of 2. **

**EDIT: I am so sorry. I checked with Mark and he said that our children were nearly, if not already, 4 by the time they memorized the Children’s Catechism. It was not my intention to be deceptive, but I do want to correct this. It is our recollection that our children were 3 or 4 years old before they completed memorizing the Children’s Catechism. This has not been true of our younger children as we’ve been much less faithful in working with them on memorizing. Our older children had memorized a lot more at a younger age than have our younger children have, but we’re working on that.

Bella (2) has several Psalms memorized in addition to many other verses/passages and several of her favorite hymns (and she has been VERY slow verbally, most people still don’t understand her speech). Here’s how we help our children memorize.

I think that much of what determines what our children are capable (or incapable) of is what we expect (or don’t expect) of them. The longer I parent, the more convinced I become that these little ones are much smarter and more capable than we give them credit.

Julie wondered,

What is the best and most consistent way to deal with whiners?

The best and most consistent way to deal with whiners is identical to the best and most consistent way you deal with any sin in your children.

First, you clearly tell your child what is expected of them. (i.e. “You may not whine, you must speak in a big girl/boy voice.”)

If it’s necessary, at this point you can help them understand what you mean by role playing it with them.

For example:

Mom: “Say, ‘Please may I have a snack’ not (in a whining voice) ‘I’m hungry’.
Child (in a whiny voice): ‘Please may I have a snack’.
Mom: “No, did you hear how you used a whiny voice? (Mimic child’s voice). “I want you to use a big boy/girl voice” (Speak emphasizing the ‘big’ voice you want to hear)
Child (in a big kid voice): “Please may I have a snack”.

Second, once they understand what you mean, if they choose to disobey they receive biblical consequences.

To be consistent, you do this each and every time they choose disobedience. (i.e. Each and every time a whiny sound comes out of your child’s mouth, you address it.)

Ashley asked,

How do you deal with a toddler (who is generally well behaved) hitting, pushing, and biting?

See my answer to the previous question and give instruction about hitting, pushing, biting instead of whining.

Lindsey wondered,

Is it normal to have a very small social network with a large family? Seems like we never get invites to anything now that we are a family of 7. I don’t mind at all being the hostess. Just wondering if this is normal, and how to maintain our friendships with other families.

I think this is a terrific question and I think that the answer will vary depending on the place that God has placed you. In the past, we were in a church that, while there were several other large families, there was very little hospitality or interaction of the members outside of official church functions.

We tried to fill this gap by being the hosts for other things (a mom’s support group, family Bible study and lots and lots of having others into our home for dinner) and God blessed this by providing our family with deep friendships with people outside of our particular church family.

We still host the vast majority of time (mostly because we have a house that is especially suited to easily hosting large groups of people), but we now find ourselves in an amazing community of believers who act like our family. All the families in our ‘group’ go to a variety of churches.

This group of families have wept and rejoiced with us. We get together with them for meals, hikes, and sometimes funerals for tiny babies we never met, but we all loved. We take meals when there is illness or busyness. We clean each others homes, house each other when we have plumbing problems and listen on the other end of the phone as we struggle through the hardness of an everyday. We’ve watched children while they’ve called 911, we’ve camped and sang and our kids have fought and we’ve run to each other when our world has fallen apart.

We know each other because we spend time together, we invest in each other (and it is an investment).

I think that this is missing in most churches, homeschool groups and social circles regardless of family size. People do not know what it is like to truly act like the FAMILY of Christ. (I don’t think it’s having a lovely visit with each other each Sunday and then being oblivious to their lives Monday through Saturday.)

It seems that most people are so busy with so many different social groups that very few people have time for these types of relationships. So my encouragement would be to be hospitable and then to invest in the lives of others. Find out about them, speak with them during the week, meet needs that they have. Plan to do things together. Many will be too busy to build the type of relationship, but some will be longing for it.

Another interesting note is that you can not possibly have this type of deep, I-really-know-this-person relationship with too many people, there is just not enough time to invest this deeply in too many places. We’ve found that within our ‘large’ group (around 15 or more families) there are closer relationships between individual families within the group. I know that, in a pinch, any of the members of the group would be ready with prayer, physical help or support, but we don’t all fill all of those rolls for all of the other families within the group all the time. Sometimes it’s one family and sometimes it’s another.

There is something amazingly beautiful about watching these relationships develop and grow. It’s one of God’s good gifts.

You may also be interested in:

Visit the other moms of many to see what questions they are answering:

Enjoy the 4 Moms posts? We wrote a book together. Buy the 4 Moms, 35+ Kids Parenting book available as an ebook or on Kindle.

Share on Facebook18Pin on Pinterest14Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter2

40 Responses to Building a Social Circle, Child Training and Treating Colds and Flu Naturally: 4 Moms Q & A
  1. Monica
    January 24, 2013 | 9:13 am

Would you please share what you do and what essential oil that you use for bedwetting?

Renee Reply:

I would like to know about the EO’s for bedwetting also. Thanks

Jenny Reply:

I was also going to ask about that. Thank you.

We use Melrose applied neat (undiluted) over the bladder area before bed. All three of our persistent bed-wetters dramatically improved (and some or one? stopped altogether), however, without consistent use they reverted back. I’m trying to get everyone back to remembering to apply every night again.

Now, our bed-wetters wet every.single.night, so it may be different if you have a child who only wets occasionally.

I’d love to know how/if this works for you if you try it.

2. Anita Chamblee
    January 24, 2013 | 9:17 am

Love the picture of Christians truly loving and caring for one another. Hospitality comes hard for me as Jeff has a demanding work schedule and our home needs so much work that at times I am embarassed about it’s condition in some areas. Pride, I know!!

We had a colds for much of December and I mixed some of the Thieves with my homemade ointment of coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, vit, E oil and tea tree oil. My little boys loved it and felt that it helped them. I love it as well!

Anita, I’d love to get the ratios amounts for that ointment. :)

Anita Chamblee Reply:

I used this recipe, but x 16 I think….I should write these things down, but it doesn’t have to be exact. We buy local raw beeswax and filter it ourselves. It comes in one pound (roughly) chunks. I add 15 ml of tea tree oil and about 3 ounces or so of vit. E oil after the wax and coconut oil are melted together. I found vit. E oil in a bottle in the pharmacy section of WalMart. I pour this into any small jars I have on hand…half pint or smaller. I also make the hard lotion using the recipe from the above site and made lip balm last month as well.

3. Carolyn Simpson
    January 24, 2013 | 10:39 am

Kimberly, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your posts and to uplifting conviction on how we shoulc live as God’s children and community. Thank you.

4. Taryn Morgan
    January 24, 2013 | 11:37 am

We have really been longing for connections with other large families. Our problem is that we cant seem to find any large families in our area. Even homeschooling families seem to be scarce where we live. How can we find and connect with people in our area. I have tried finding local homeschool or large family groups without much success. We live a out of town so hosting gatherings is difficult because no one wants to drive this far.

This is a hard thing to answer, here is an answer (edited slightly) to a similar question that I was asked on Facebook.

We’ve always been quick to invite people into our home. Our family was once featured in our local paper, someone read about us there and emailed us some questions, Mark invited their whole family over for dinner so that we would have a good opportunity to answer their questions. (Interestingly, we are now both attending the same church.) We’ve also invited people into our home that we’ve met at the grocery store, music lessons or the park.

I can’t remember all the times that we’ve met people for the first time when they came to our home for a meal, Bible study or group.

I think that something that helped us get plugged into a lot of different groups here (and meet others outside of our church), was that during our second year in Knoxville, I co-hosted an Above Rubies retreat.

I was the contact person and as people signed up for the retreat, I told them about the large family support group that we had started and that met in our home once a month and invited them to that.

People also invite others to our home because they know they’re free to do that. It’s not uncommon for someone who is coming to our home for a meal to say, “Oh, by the way we have these friends who are in town and told them to come along, is that ok?”

One of the ways that we’ve really seen a growth in our community relationships is that we try to host a meal here nearly every week. The number of families that come vary from week to week, but there is a core of regulars.

For our family, it has worked best to host these on Sunday afternoon. Each family attends their own church and then comes over to our house for a potluck. It’s happened on more than one occasion that we arrive home from church to a houseful of people all getting food ready in our kitchen. I LOVE it.

These times of fellowship last all day long. Our favorite schedule is when we gather just after morning worship service to eat lunch. People who don’t have evening worship services at their churches (most of us) generally stay through dinner time and sometimes into the night. This gives everyone lots of time to delve into deep conversations with others and to really get to know each other.

Ultimately, it is in God’s hands. Pray about it. Be open to hospitality. Don’t necessarily look for families like yours, you may be surprised that you find deep friendships in families very dissimilar to yours. And then be content where God has placed you.

As I referenced in the post this community has been a long time coming. We were here for several years and struggled with loneliness, we saw glimpses of what was possible, but it just didn’t happen as soon as we wished for it to happen. We frequently had people in our home, but there was never any of the real relationship for which we were looking, people were too busy. Schedules didn’t work. We’d have them over and then nothing until we had them over again. It all takes time and in God’s time and in His way He will provide what you need.

Remember, relationships take time and effort from both parties and some people just don’t have or wish to make the time to develop these types of relationships.

There were many times during those ‘lonely’ years that Mark would remind me, “Relationship takes two.” You can’t force someone to work toward these kinds of relationships.

I also believe that this is something that is sorely lacking in today’s Christian community. In my opinion, one of the reasons is that most people are too busy with lots of other ‘good’ things (sports, entertainment, educational activities, etc.) and don’t have time to invest in the lives of others.

I believe that Mark and I have been called and equipped specifically for this. It’s not something that we planned, but He brought it to pass. Our house is amazing and terrific for easily hosting large groups of people. It’s also in a very centralized and convenient location.

Since your situation is different, you may take a different path and see a different type of community. Lord willing, He will build His church through our efforts of investing into the lives of others, each of us in our own way.

Bottom line: Pray, be hospitable, look for ways to serve others, be available (that means being able to drop everything when necessary) and God will bless your efforts and use you to advance His kingdom.

5. Amy
    January 24, 2013 | 3:25 pm

We are also a family of seven, and find that we host often and don’t get invited often. However, if I put myself in the shoes of the friends who don’t host, I think having a family of our size over would be totally overwhelming. I think we need to be very careful to teach our children to be respectful in other people’s homes, and I know I have fallen way short in that area. I am thankful that we do have friends who are hospitable to us.

I completely agree, Amy. When we had 3 little children, I would have been totally overwhelmed at the thought of cooking for a family of 13.

Another consideration is that many people have an assumption that somehow moms of many must be ‘super’ moms or super organized, etc. And having that assumption they are intimidated to invite them into their home.

Valerie Reply:

thanks! taking notes :)

6. Valerie
    January 24, 2013 | 7:01 pm

You said that the families in your group go to different churches… so how did you end up connecting with them? We are so desperate to find other people ‘like us’. (large, Christian, homeschooling family)

Hi Valerie. Please see my (lengthy) response to Taryn above. :)

7. Alison
    January 24, 2013 | 9:00 pm

I was wondering as well about the essential oils. do you suggest buying a certain pack of oils to start out with? or do you buy them individually? my family has never used oils like this, but i am very interested in moving toward a more natural way of healing our bodies when sickness arises. any tips for starting out and which oils are best to start with are much appreciated!

Hi Alison.

We started out by signing up as a distributor and purchasing the “Everyday Oils” Collection. This is a kit of 11 bottles of oils (9 different types, you get two bottles of both peppermint and Lavender).

These oils really gave us a good start and they are some of the oils that we still use most frequently.

The “Independent Distributor” option is perfect for those who know they want to use essential oils or those who just want to get the best possible pricing and can afford the initial investment in a kit. If you sign up with that option you will get wholesale pricing on all of your orders. There is no need to sell anything, but you are required to purchase a starter kit. (Kits start at $40) For a limited time those who sign up under me as a ‘distributor’ and purchase ANY of the premium kits ($150 and up) will get a FREE Essential Oils Reference guide and will get $40 in FREE oils (of your choice). All the premium distributor kits also come with a coupon for $40 off of a diffuser. Now is a good time if you’re interested in something like this.

Of course, a lot of people will prefer to just order individual oils and see how they work for the family.

Both options work, but if you can afford it, starting out with the Everyday Kit is terrific because it gives you a wide assortment of oils to try out for a variety of things, plus the free guide to essential oils guide so you can begin to educate yourself (the learning curve is steep) and with the current promotions you can get an even wider selection of oils.

Hope this answers your question, if not ask again. :)

8. Leslie B
    January 24, 2013 | 9:23 pm

Wow!! We practice our catechism questions every morning and our near 3yr-old is no where near having all 145 memorized!! That is amazing… And I’ll repeat what has already been said, Thanks for your posts! They are refreshing and always encouraging :D

Hi Leslie.

After I got your comment (and another one on FB), I decided that I should double check with my resident fact checker (my hubby, Mark). He said, I was way off on this one, he thinks they were closer to 4 when they finished memorizing the Children’s Catechism.

I’m sorry for that. It was not my intention to be deceptive. Now to update my post and apologize there!

9. Jane
    January 24, 2013 | 11:42 pm

I love your blog. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. I found your portion about building relationships very interesting. We are in a large church but we do not have a much contact with the people outside of services. We live in a large city but we do not have friends. I am always willing to host things at my home. But relationships do not seem to develop past the get together at that time. I even feel it within our families. We do have a different family time (mid afternoond only) due to husband’s work schedule) Can you give some suggestions on developing relationships?

Oh Jane, I feel for you. Our family spent a time when hubby was working in the evenings, so it was hard to develop relationships because we weren’t available to get together at the time when most people got together.

See my lengthy response to Taryn about trying to develop relationships. It takes a lot of time and it also takes other people who really want to invest time also.

Trust me, I fail often (I currently owe a good friend a phone call, I’m actually a good 3-4 days overdue), but God is gracious and my friends put up with my failures.

Building relationships is about living life alongside others. Working together, playing together, talking, just being together, it all helps.

10. Paula
    January 25, 2013 | 8:16 am

Just a question if you don’t mind. I have a very small house approx. 1,300 sq. ft with 7 children. Would you still host gatherings if you had a small house? How big is your house? Thanks for your response, and I love your blog!!

Hi Paula.

Our house is big and well equipped for large crowds.

However, if we had a small home we would still host gatherings (we did when we lived in a small house), but they would probably be smaller gatherings. (We’ve had some crowds in our home of around 80 people. I think it would be on a smaller scale if we had a smaller home.)

One fond memory is of a small family (3 kids at the time) who invited our family over for dinner. They had a small home and simply laid out a comforter on the floor of the living area for our children to sit and eat. Babies sat at their table and the adults sat on the couches around the comforter on the floor. It was delightful and I was so thankful that this family hadn’t let their small house deter them from inviting a large family over for dinner.

Leslie B Reply:

Oh I love to hear that this family did that! It’s also hospitable to BE that large family who puts their own children on the floor. I would venture to say that most small families, who are probably just starting to host others, would think it is rude to ask guests to sit on the floor (at least in our country :) ) So it’s good to assure them that it is perfectly fine. I remember when we were shown this example and I felt a great burden lifted as a novice host! Now, we’re the ones putting kids on the floor at others’ homes and happy to do so :D

11. paula e
    January 25, 2013 | 9:57 am

Kimberley
    I would love to order some essential.oils through you, but the link would only let me sign up as a distributor or something similar to that. Is there a way to order without signing up to sell? I would appreciate any help you can give!
    Thank you!
    My emailnis Franklin one two two six at yahoo

Hi Paula.

If you click link then select “Customer” rather than “Independent distributor” you will be able to simply order the YL essential oils.

The “Independent Distributor” is for those who are more serious about essential oils. If you sign up with that option you will get wholesale pricing on all of your orders. There is no need to sell anything, but you are required to purchase a starter kit. (Kits start at $40) (We signed up with the “Everyday Oils” option as it was the most economical way to get a good collection of oils and we had none to start with.) For a limited time those who sign up under me as a ‘distributor’ and purchase ANY of the premium kits ($150 and up) will get a FREE Essential Oils Reference guide and will get $40 in FREE oils (of your choice). Now is a good time if you’re interested in something like this.

Of course, you also just order as a customer, whatever works best for your budget and family.

Please let me know if you need more info or if I didn’t fully answer your question. And Thank You!

Leslie B Reply:

What a great idea!! I have researching the EO’s more and wondering where it was going to fit into the budget… $40 is an affordable start for sure! Thanks!

The $40 is an economical way to start. It comes with two oils (peppermint and lavender) AND you get the coupon for $40 off a diffuser.

You don’t get the Essential Oil Guide or the $40 in free oils, just wanted to make sure that was clear, but it’s great to be able to get the wholesale pricing!

12. Anna
    January 26, 2013 | 6:35 pm

Thanks so much for the post! We don’t have a large family although maybe for these parts we do (we’ll have three girls under three soon) :), but your answer really spoke to me about reaching out to those around me, welcoming others into our home more, etc.

I also wanted to say thank you so much for the link to your post about memorization. I didn’t grow up in a Christian home, and am having a hard time really knowing how to begin to teach my little ones the gospel and getting started with regular devotions for them and things. Having some concrete things like that always seem to help me get started, so I think we will try this. :)

13. Kimarie
    January 27, 2013 | 10:25 pm

Hi Kimberly, I would love to know how you use Thieves for sore throats and building immunity. I have that oil now :-)
    Blessings!

When we’ve been exposed to something or if we feel as if we’re coming down with something, we use Thieves diluted with a carrier oil 1:4 rubbed into the bottom of our feet.

If we have a sore throat we put one drop in a bit of milk and drink it down.

The Thieves blend is chock full of immune boosting EOs. :)

14. Homesweetgrown
    January 28, 2013 | 1:47 pm

Thanks for the EO recipes. The post was so timely. My husband (who is still very unconvinced of EO effectiveness) came home Friday feeling like he was about to start throwing up. I gave him activated charcoal and then put him in the bathtub with your warm bath flu protocol recipe (minus the thyme) plus some peppermint. He felt much better by the time his bath was over. I massaged the tea tree and eucalyptus on him and he was completely over it in about 3 hours.
    Thanks again.

I love to hear stories of how essential oils have been effective. Thank you.

15. Jen
    February 1, 2013 | 11:49 pm

Dear Kimberly,
    I have been so blessed by the practical wisdom you share in your blog posts. Your heart is after the Lord and you use His word as your foundation; I’m so thankful to be able to glean from your family. I have a question about building relationships and investing in people’s lives. This is our heart’s desire; we understand how vital it is. Yet, we can’t seem to see how it fits into a life with all little ones.
    Before having children, we enjoyed the blessings our church body being as family. We had people into our home all of the time and had a strong core group of friends. These same friends now are married and have at least three little ones. We have four under the age of five. Getting together became chaotic. No one got to talk because we were trying to diligently train children, oversee potty breaks/diapers, and nurse babies. We don’t go out very often because of budgets and bedtimes.
    We’re very earnestly trying to figure out how to make it work, but I feel like a failure of a friend. We keep up with things like going to a friend’s house weekly for dinner, having a small group at our house, and having play dates with one other family every once and a while, but we’re missing the intimacy of sharing life. Can you speak into this situation? Thank you so much.

Hi Jen,

I think that there are seasons of life when this type of relationship building is easier. So now may be a time for you to just focus on your family and be grateful for the relationships that you do have. Even if they don’t get a lot of time, they’ll still be there when your children are older.

When all of our children were little (and many of our friends had all little children). We made a habit of putting the children to bed at one another’s homes. We would have dinner together and then, when it was time for bedtime we would all put our children to bed and have some adult time to visit.

We are still good friends with one of the families that we frequently did this with when our children were all 3 and younger. And actually, now that we have 21 children between us, ages 16 down to 5 months, it seems that we get less time to visit. It is chaotic and loud when we’re together, but it’s just a different stage and it’s good. Lord willing, someday we’ll have the opportunity to visit with only older children and/or with grandchildren and we’re looking forward to that. ;)

Jen Reply:

Thank you, Kimberly. I appreciate your wisdom and encouragement.

16. Nicki
    February 15, 2013 | 8:03 am

Your last comment about the social circles was great! Over the past few years, we have come to see that our local homeschool family is much more of a true family than even our church. It is sad, but it’s so nice to have that bond with other families. We attended the same church for YEARS and when we finally decided to move on, NO ONE IN OUR FAMILY FELT SAD. We didn’t feel like we’d lost anything. That says a lot. We’ve since moved to a new church, which happens to be where a lot of our homeschool family attends, and it’s like night and day. These are the people that reach out and love each other when it’s needed, babysit, support, encourage, etc. I’m sad it’s not in the church, but I’m glad we’ve found it anyway.

17. Preston B.
    February 25, 2013 | 9:03 pm

The cold season is taking its tole on our family of four. I remember reading your blog about oils and remidies. I found it and have a question, my wife is pregnant and I want to know if the oils and remidies you talk about are safe during this time? Thanks for your blog please keep it up.

18. jul
    March 18, 2013 | 4:34 am

hi kim,
    is it too late to get the special $40 of product offer? and, what is the $40 of product?
    thanks,
    jul

19. Jenn
    April 8, 2013 | 10:26 pm

We are looking into using Essential Oils. I noticed on Young Living’s site that they warn against using the oils on infants and young children. I imagine this is just a pre-caution? Do you use the oils on your babies? Thanks!