Valor at 5 Months

Valor was born 5 months ago. Can you believe that, 5 months??

Valor (5 months)

Valor continues to be a remarkably happy and content baby. He smiles easily and hasn’t met a stranger.  Quite a contrast to little princess Bella who really wanted things exactly the way she wanted them.

Valor laughs through diaper changes, baths, nursing and play time and then cuddles into bed when it’s time to sleep, although he doesn’t object to being held/snuggled through a nap.

Nathaniel Valor

Along with his easy-going nature, Valor is loud and active.

All boy this one.

It’s an interesting contrast to have a baby who is so happy and content to snuggle and so active and LOUD.

Valor hand knit cable sweater

He loves to jabber,  talk and shriek. (Why or why does he enjoy that shrieking so much?)

His current favorite sound is “Ba, ba, ba”. Nick (4) says, “Mom, Valor thinks he’s a sheep.”

Valor spends so much time being held that I was thinking he may be a little ‘slow’ on some of his developmental milestones, but I was wrong. Even though he didn’t attempt to roll over until he was 3 months, he was successful first try and hasn’t stopped since.

Valor  loves to move, bounce, scoot, explore and crawl.

Yes, I said crawl. The boy is officially a mobile unit.

Valor sleeping

He gets up on all fours and propels himself. It’s not yet the typical hand and knee crawl and he’s not into long distances yet, but he’s moving about on all fours and gone are the days of being able to find the baby wherever you put him down.

Valor gives me ‘kisses’.  When I hold him it’s a constant barrage. He reaches out both hands, grasps my cheeks, pulls me in for huge, open-mouthed displays of affection.

Valor (4 months) realizing the reality of life with 6 older sisters.

Valor (4 months) realizing the reality of life with 6 older sisters.

I’m loved.

Where is that tiny, scrap of humanity that was such a soft lump of fuzzy, floppy, snugly….sigh.

It’s going fast and I’m just trying to soak in every moment that I can.

You may also be interested in:

Facebook0Pinterest0EmailTwitter2

17 Responses to Valor at 5 Months
  1. Jennifer
    January 29, 2013 | 9:10 am

Isn’t it beautiful to see life through their content, fun loving, wondering eyes? Our baby will be 6 months and has brought so much life to her parents and her siblings.

2. Michele P
    January 29, 2013 | 9:16 am

He is just beautiful. You can just see the joy in his sweet face. Thank you for sharing!

3. Jama
    January 29, 2013 | 10:57 am

Precious. Thanks for sharing. I can’t believe I haven’t seen him in person. He’s def. a Rivera! :-) Enjoy every single moment.

Really???? You haven’t met him?

How long has it been since we’ve seen you, well obviously way too long and since you canceled most recently, I think I could make a good case for you coming down here, maybe?

I miss you, my friend!

Jama Reply:

I wouldn’t say I canceled. We were Provedentially hindered. :-)

Maybe Valor was here the last time you worshipped at Westminster. I honestly can’t remember.

Fair enough, providentially hindered is certainly more accurate.

I can’t wait to see your new home, creek and all. I’m quite jealous of your wonderful neighbors!

4. Janee Campbell
    January 29, 2013 | 12:49 pm

Sooo cute! While all baby’s are a blessing and we have greatly loved and enjoyed even our most difficult one, I think happy ones are the most fun and make all the time and energy it takes to care for them lighter and joyous! I bet the older kids have a lot of fun with him!

5. Beth
    January 29, 2013 | 2:48 pm

My princess Bella aka: Skylar, is seventeen months olds and I’ve no guarantees that she’ll stay in her bed until the morning. She did wean this last month, so it’s markedly better. I’m hoping her sibling, that’s due in July, (number eight) leans more towards Valor’s way of thinking. Fingers crossed and maybe even some prayers uttered….

Beth you are not alone. Bella is 2 1/2 and we still have no guarantees that she’ll stay in bed until morning (as a matter of fact she usually doesn’t). However, everything else about Bella has gotten tons better.

Actually the moving about at night is really part of our normal. She just heads downstairs and crawls into bed with one of her big sisters whenever she wakes at night.

6. MomStarr
    January 29, 2013 | 4:41 pm

caption for the last photo:

“Seriously mom? You are taking a picture of me like this? Where are my older brothers people? They will rescue me. DDAAAAAADDDYYYYY!!!!”

Next time I want to see Valor in full camo!!!

I think that is precisely what he is saying. As a matter of fact, I nearly captioned the photo with something very similar. :)

7. christina
    January 29, 2013 | 7:16 pm

wow, time flys! He’s looking handsome:)

8. Carrie
    January 30, 2013 | 10:47 pm

He is such a beautiful baby, and I think he has your eyes.

9. Blair
    January 31, 2013 | 7:09 am

I love the part about Valor thinking he is a sheep. Too cute. I can’t believe that he is mobile already! My littlest one is 3.5 months. I’m not ready to think about her being mobile yet!

10. Deirdre
    February 1, 2013 | 12:53 am

Did you make the cute sweater? Where can I find the pattern? Looks like Valor belongs to your family. ;-) Thanks for the update!

Yes, I made his sweater. I actually made it for Isabella but she was born in the ‘wrong’ season in order to wear it.

Here is a link to it on my Ravelry page. The pattern is in the book Pipsqueak Knits and has a matching cabled hat. :)

11. Jeri
    February 28, 2013 | 10:59 am

You successfully gave me a little bit of “I want a baby to snuggle.” He is adorable. And the kisses, so delightful!!!