When I told my husband this week’s topic he laughed. For years Mark and the boys have been in charge of Valentine’s Day. “What will you post he asked?”
I thought about throwing up the linky and just asking you all to share your favorite recipes, but then I remembered. One year Mark had a work emergency at the last minute, so the girls took over the celebratory preparations. The biggest hit of the night was a simple pastry-wrapped brie wheel with raspberry preserves.
Since we had last minute notice that we were ‘on’ for dinner, this recipe falls into the super-easy category. It’s so far into that category that I’m not sure it even be called a recipe.
Pastry Wrapped Brie Wheel with Raspberry Preserves
- Brie wheel – any size according to how many you’d like to serve
- Pre-made pastry dough (uncooked) – enough to completely wrap your wheel (Yes, I know that this is a ‘no-no’ for you health nuts out there, but I told you this was last minute.)
- Raspberry Preserves – Any type (If it’s sweet, it will taste marvelous with your pastry wrapped brie
Neatly wrap the brie wheel with the pre-made pastry. Feel free to use pie crust, puff pastry or crescent roll dough, it will all be delicious. Place in the oven and cook according to the pastry instructions. You’ll probably have to add a bit of time depending upon the size of the wheel, etc. When it looks a lovely, golden brown it’s probably done.
Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Serve with raspberry preserves on the side or if the entire wheel will be eaten quickly, drizzle the raspberry preserves over top. Or cut a serving sized slice and top with the raspberry preserves.
Now it’s your turn. Please remember these rules:
- Your post must be family friendly.
- Link to a specific relevant post, not to the homepage of your blog.
- Your post must include a link to at least one of the 4 Moms.
- If your link is deleted, you probably didn’t follow these rules. We hope you’ll fix the problem and try again! If you don’t know why your link was deleted, just ask.
The other Moms of Many: