Changes

After much discussion and prayer, Mark and I have decided that I need to take a small step back from the responsibility of posting once a week on a specific topic with the 4 Moms.

My life is simply too full for that level of commitment at this time.

Full of my crazy,

Colby (5) and Nick (4) being snowmen with a bag of stuffing.

Colby (5) and Nick (4) being snowmen with a bag of stuffing.

Mark mocks our attempt at "camping" cornbread.

Mark mocks our attempt at “camping” cornbread.

Pirate Valor ( a couple months old)

Pirate Valor ( a couple months old)

Told you, crazy!

Told you, crazy!

amazing, precious family,

Savannah (7), Carter (10) and Colby (6)

Savannah (7), Carter (10) and Colby (6)

Colby (6)

Colby (6)

Kaitlin (14)

Kaitlin (14)

Precious, too!

Precious, too!

Bella (2)

Bella (2)

real-life friends,

surprise 40th birthday party

Surprise 40th birthday party

Kaitlin (14) with friends planning a surprise birthday party for me.

Yes, they completely surprised me.

Yes, they completely surprised me.

My favorite part, sitting on the porch late into the evening discussing theology.

celebrating babies

(Three babies in 3 days and a fourth a few days later, plus more on the way. We celebrated together, of course)

Some of the new babies in our group.

Some of the new babies in our group.

The dads that had new babies each read an open letter to their child. Mark's letter to Valor brought tears. I'm so very thankful.

The dads that had new babies each read an open letter to their child.
Mark’s letter to Valor brought tears. I’m so very thankful.

What's a celebration without singing?

What’s a celebration without singing?

family campouts

(Some spent the night, some hiked and some just came for the food.)

Most of the group at our annual campout

Most of the group at our annual campout

Some of our precious friends at our annual campout

Some of our precious friends at our annual campout

We are so thankful that God has put these people in our lives.

We are so thankful that God has put these people in our lives.

Thankful for ALL of them.

Thankful for ALL of them.

and just regular life in God’s family.

Amber (15) plays the violin along with the guitar and cello as we sing at one of our Sunday afternoon gatherings.

The 4 babies, born within days of each other, are growing.

The 4 babies, born within days of each other, are growing.

Eden (3) and Bella (2) are best buds.

Eden (3) and Bella (2) are best buds.

Colby (6) and Savannah (7) congratulate Mr. and Mrs. Lindauer on their race through the obstacle course. I'm not telling who won.

I’m not telling who won.

More of my favorite - late night talks.

Mark, Liz, Chris and Matthew (12) enjoy more of my favorite – late night talks.

I’ve found that our family dynamic and schedule has changed with the addition of teens (3 so far and adding one more this year) and I’m no longer able to regularly spend time blogging when the children are in bed or resting, mainly because the children get up earlier and go to bed later and my teens enjoy my input during rest time.

Our hope is that by cutting back my commitment of weekly, scheduled posts on pre-set topics, I will have more time for other priorities and that I will also be able to find the time and passion to post about other things. (I really miss having the time to post “Not Me’s” and recording life during these ever changing years.)

I will continue to post with the 4 Moms on the second Thursday of the month. (The rest of the moms of many are going to do weekly Q & A posts the rest of the time. Stay tuned to the 4 Moms Facebook page for your opportunity to ask questions.)

I still hope to see you weekly, but we’ll see. Regardless, I’m grateful for the work that God is doing in our lives and the work He is doing in yours. I am looking forward to seeing what He has in store for us.

Now may be a good time to sign up for email updates or follow via RSS, so that you will know when I post.

You may also be interested in:

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter0

36 Responses to Changes
  1. Brittany
    February 28, 2013 | 9:28 am

The time with them seems to pass so quickly. Especially someone as busy as you are! Glad to see you’re soaking up the time you have with them. :)

2. Jama
    February 28, 2013 | 9:33 am

Thank you for the time you have devoted to helping other families and especially moms over the past few years. Your encouragement and challenges to think Biblically about every area of life have been a blessing to me and others. I applaud your commitment to family. As much as the blogging world needs people like you, your family needs you more.

Thank you, Jama.

Michele Reply:

Janna,
    I couldn’t have said it better.
    Kim, thank you for all that you have done to help me think Biblically. I will certainly miss your posts, but yet again, you have left me with a wonderful example: family IS the first ministry.

May the Lord continue to bless you!

3. Beth
    February 28, 2013 | 9:35 am

It looks like a wonderful life! I want to come join in. :)

4. Annie
    February 28, 2013 | 9:41 am

Kimberly thank you for your obedience to The Lord in making His will your priority. I scour your blog frequently and always, ALWAYS look forward to reading what you have to say because it is so rich with wisdom. Though my flesh is disappointed and sad, I am joyful in the blessings that you are receiving and experiencing with the full life God has given you and your husband. Thank you for being a precious Titus 2 woman to me via your blog as you inspired me to start my blog, Beauty in the Surrender a few years ago that I had to stop for a season because The Lord wanted his best for me:0)
    Blessings to you and Mark and all your precious children, though I have never met you all personally, I believe you all are precious brothers and sisters in Christ! Too bad you all don’t live in Ohio or us in Tennessee!

Thank you, as always, for your sweet, encouraging comments.

If you’re ever in Knoxville, we’d love to meet you and your family.

5. Mary Joy
    February 28, 2013 | 9:43 am

I completely agree! Enjoy the amazing times with your family! You will never regret that! My husband died in July 2012 and I felt let to take a blogging break 6 months before that which I was still on when the accident happened. I will never regret having taken the time to focus on my family. I pray you enjoy every moment!!! Good for you!!!! Blessings!

What a blessing from God that you had your priorities correct. May God bless you as you continue the road He has laid before you.

6. Natalie
    February 28, 2013 | 9:52 am

Thanks, Kimberly, for all your wonderful input. I’ve learned so much from you. Thank you.

7. Diana
    February 28, 2013 | 10:23 am

Thank you for all you have done! You are awesome!!!!!

8. Cindy
    February 28, 2013 | 10:51 am

I’ll miss reading the weeklies. I do kinda miss the “not me’s”, too. :-)

I have tons (TONS) of Not Me’s happening, some we’ve made note of, but I’m hoping that there will be time for some of that. ;)

9. Ashley
    February 28, 2013 | 12:37 pm

What a wonderful, full life you have!! Your blog is such an encouragement to me and I refer to it often when I’m looking for a solid biblical view on a matter of family life. Thank you so much for sharing part of your life here! I look forward to more. God bless.

Thank you.

I was speaking to a friend (she is part of our community here) today on the phone about this post and she mentioned that the amazing thing about this is that these pictures represent only a very small fraction of the things that we do together.

God is so very good to bless us with so many opportunities to share our lives with our Christian family here in Knoxville.

10. Kimarie
    February 28, 2013 | 2:02 pm

Ditto! I haven’t blogged since October (is that when it was?!) and really haven’t missed it much. I have 4 teens now with one more joining the ranks in May and you are so right – the family dynamic is totally – wonderfully – different. Add in Daddy’s rotating shiftwork LOL and we need to make the most of the time together God has given us.

11. Homesweetgrown
    February 28, 2013 | 2:13 pm

I will miss your weekly contributions…but glad to hear you are not completely hanging up your blog.

You have been such a blessing to your family. I really appreciate the time you invested in your ministry on this blog.

Enjoy the sweet life God has blessed you with and I will look forward to reading when you get around to posting :).

12. Rachel Drake
    February 28, 2013 | 3:50 pm

I’m glad you have the courage to keep your priorities. But very sad you won’t be posting as often. I glean so much Biblical wisdom from your posts.

13. Serenity
    February 28, 2013 | 3:51 pm

I am truly inspired by your willingness to obey the Lord. There are many “good” things that I do that I feel like I can’t give up (helping with Teen MOPS, etc…)….even though they are hard on my family sometimes. I am going to give this some thought…

Thank you for everything you do…..

Yes, so many good things that it’s hard to always (and I often fail) choose the best.

14. LR
    February 28, 2013 | 4:48 pm

What a blessing to know your limits and to be able to say no when needed.

15. Lisa
    February 28, 2013 | 5:51 pm

All your kids are precious, but I’m going to eat Bella up! Adorable!

16. amy
    February 28, 2013 | 8:05 pm

Although I will miss you greatly, I fully understand. I only have two children (and three jobs) but I understand not having time, and wanting to re-dedicate time to the most important things in life.

Enjoy your life.

Amy

17. deirdre
    February 28, 2013 | 11:21 pm

I think you made a wise choice. Thanks for the great pics. It was fun recognizing people. You are truely blessed.

18. Bambi @ In the Nursery of the Nation
    March 1, 2013 | 4:34 pm

You will be missed, that’s for sure. But oh how rich, full and beautiful your life is. I enjoyed these photos so much; seeing a glimpse of your life :)

Thank you Bambi. It’s nice to know that there are other bloggers out there who are so like-minded.

I miss posting the photos and stories of my life. I think that it’s helpful for readers to realize that we’re just moms like they are and that our days are full of laundry, diapers and dirt just like theirs are. Hopefully there will be more time for recording that now.

19. Ellie
    March 1, 2013 | 10:36 pm

Well, this gives me time to go back and read all your old posts and let the Lord work into my life things I learn from your blog. May God continue to bless you, your family and His ministry through and around you. He is good and worthy of our praise. Enjoy the Lord, as He enjoys you.

20. Laura
    March 3, 2013 | 9:26 pm

Good job making the choice for the best over that which is good. I will look forward to seeing your occasional post. :)

21. Lauree Solberg
    March 4, 2013 | 11:18 am

I found your blog a few years ago, when I was still a career mom. Your blog helped me realize I could become a stay at home mom and a homeschooling mom and that was what God was truly calling me to do. I have gained so much knowledge from you and your family through your blog. I have now been at home for 3 years and love it. I completely understand the need to step back. Looking forward to your posts however few they will be! Blessings to you and your family!

22. Blair
    March 4, 2013 | 2:54 pm

God has used your blog to change my life in many ways over the past 2-3 years. I had never heard a woman speak with such knowledge of the Word until I found your blog. you have challenged me in many ways and encouraged me in others. I am thankful for you and this outlet God has given you.

On a different note it honestly makes me feel a little better that you can’t “do it all” either. I made a decision similar to yours a few months ago with the addition of baby #5. (8 & under) I just couldn’t do it all. Heck, I’ve all but quit blogging and I STILL can’t do it all. haha Anyway, it’s nice to know you have your limits too. :)

23. Carrie
    March 4, 2013 | 6:58 pm

Good for you. I will miss you, but I can appreciate your reasons. I do earnestly thank you for sharing your godly wisdom. I have learned a lot from you. This sounds like I think you’re going away forever, but I do understand that you aren’t. :o)

24. Rhen @Yes, they are all mine
    March 5, 2013 | 12:32 am

Your weekly contribution will be missed, but I will look forward to the second Thursday of the month!
    Thank you for reaching out through the Q & A’s and your blog.
    This is one of my favorite blogs to visit, though I do not comment as often as I would like. I am having a hard time finding moments to finish my own blog posts while living the life God has blessed me with to write about! *grin*

25. Lisa
    March 6, 2013 | 12:55 pm

Are you finding with teens they need more of you than you thought? I only have 1 right now, but it seems I have to be “on call” a lot. They want to talk and share at the oddest times. I thought they wouldn’t need me as much, but I’m finding that is not the case.

26. Alicia
    March 7, 2013 | 4:41 pm

Hi Kimberly. This so reminds me the value of saying “no” to good, really good, things…it means being able to say “yes” to what the Lord has laid as most valued at our feet. Seems like that is exactly what you are doing. May you have time to be slow, and enjoy, and live in each and every moment in your days. Blessings.

27. Amy @ Raising Arrows
    March 27, 2013 | 10:27 pm

Kimberly,
    I came here tonight to see what you were up to. It has been so long since we last spoke and I was missing you and thinking about you. You have always been a mentor to me and I am thankful for our friendship, despite the fact we have never met in real life. Someday, my friend…some day.
    Much love,
    Amy

28. Florence Keenan
    November 16, 2013 | 2:09 pm

You have a great family. Enjoy them while the kids are still living under your roof. God bless.