Managing with ONLY Littles

moms of many manage

Yes, we’re still here.

I know that I’ve been absent from the blog lately, our life is very full and my priorities and responsibilities simply don’t fit with spending even a few minutes a day writing for the blog, but today the 4 Moms topic is managing with only littles and I really wanted to weigh in on this. However, our current situation just doesn’t allow it.

Our oldest 3-4 kids have been working full time  (8:30-5:00) for the past week and will continue through next week. That leaves me with 8 kids age 11 and under, which isn’t really all littles, but it feels like it because our commitments are based on having a family with multiple older children (meals to several different families this week, hospitality, etc.)

We have another foster child,  H. who just turned two and is requiring intense attention and supervision, neither Valor (11 months) nor H. are sleeping through the night (I think that one may be waking the other, and no, they are not in the same room.) which means this I’m not sleeping much and as a result I’m struggling with a breast infection.

So I’m going to leave you with some of my previous posts about managing with only littles and if you think about it, we’d love some of your prayers.

One thing I will say is treasure your time with those littles, don’t wish it away, don’t spend so much time looking to the future (and having big helpers) that you lose the todays.

May God bless you and your families (and thanks for sticking with me and my sporadic posting)!

Visit the other moms of many to see what they have to say:

Enjoy the 4 Moms posts? We wrote a book together. Buy the 4 Moms, 35+ Kids Parenting book available as an ebook or on Kindle.

Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest6Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter1

12 Responses to Managing with ONLY Littles
  1. Elizabeth Sacks
    August 8, 2013 | 11:54 am

I am definitely praying for you. Sounds like a tough season!

Tough, but good.

It’s such a blessing to be able to love on these little ones and their parents. Our family has been so very blessed, more blessed than we could ever deserve.

God is so very good to us!

Michelle Reply:

Kimberly,

I’m always so thankful to see your heart for the parents as well as the children. The parents really need ministering just as much if not (really) so much more!

Praying for your family today!

2. Natalie
    August 8, 2013 | 3:08 pm

Hi Kimberly! Hang in there! It’s funny, but I’m home alone for 7 days with just my 1 and 3 yo. I forgot how hard it was just to go to the grocery store with two kids that age. But we are having such a blast. It is a blessing to be able to just focus on those two without so many distractions. My first two children (now 17 and 19) were boys – and these two are boys too. It’s like a little travel back in time. Only this time around I am all too aware of how fast the years fly by. It is bittersweet. Anyway, I saw your blog post title – and had to come and say “hi!”

3. Bambi @ In the Nursery of the Nation
    August 8, 2013 | 4:31 pm

Prayers: you have them, sweet Kimberly. (((Hugs)))

4. Sheila Mom to Seven
    August 8, 2013 | 7:55 pm

Praying for you, dear Kimberly. (I know you weren’t fishing for sympathy!) You are to be admired to hold fast to your view of not “wishing away” those little years, especially amidst the seeming chaos (and lack of sleep).
    May you continue to glorify the Lord as you raise your olives and care for those in need.

5. Michelle
    August 8, 2013 | 7:57 pm

I always feel like I need “littles” post. It is SO hard for me. The discipline thing is harder for me than having no helpers. It is mentally exhausting to always be “training.” Add to the fact I don’t know what I’m doing and I’m just bonkers!

6. Val
    August 11, 2013 | 11:17 am

Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of HIS might.
    In our weakness, his strength is made perfect.

Wow, what could be better than perfect strength!
    Kimberly, the Lord has used you to encourage me more times than I can tell you. Thank you for sharing your heart and your wisdom, with all of us who are a few steps behind you on this journey. You are in my prayers.
    (((HUGS)))

Val
    soon to be mom of 4

7. Irene
    August 11, 2013 | 3:58 pm

Hi, Kimberly,

Sounds like you need to be on the *receiving* end of the meals and hospitality for a little while! I bet you would be giving help/meals/mothers’ helpers to another family in your position right now. Don’t forget to let people help you –everybody already knows you’re Superwoman! (:
    (Don’t know you in person, but if I did, I would be proud to help….”Kimberly needed MY help!” What a ‘self-esteem’ boost! (; )

8. Liz
    August 14, 2013 | 4:42 pm

praying, Kim! As much as I like reading your updates, you’re making the right choice in prioritising real life :)

9. T.J.
    August 15, 2013 | 10:26 pm

Awe, you poor thing! Mastitis is the worst….Kimberly, why don’t you delete a few things from your to do list? You need rest and recooperation girl! Put some cabbage leaves in the freezer for a few minutes and then wear them in your bra against the affected areas. Then have the oldest one with you put a dvd on for the littles. You and Valor go snuggle in bed and NURSE NURSE NURSE! Maybe little H. can nap later? Or would it be better to put him down at the same time?
    Remember, Mama is human too! To be at your best for everyone you need to rest and kick this infection. Take time to heal, k?
    I’ll be praying for you and your lovely family! May the Lord bless you!

10. Kelsey
    September 15, 2013 | 10:55 pm

Hi, Kimberly! I’m a long-time stalker but first-day commenter. I recently posted on my blog with a picture showing a print-out of your directions for solving sibling rivalries in a Christian manner. I’d love to post a link to that article directly, but can’t find it. I know you’re not feeling well right now, so NO RUSH, but if you’re able to send me a link sometime, I’d be honored to send people your way. The article with the picture is here: http://organizinglifewithlittles.wordpress.com/2013/09/15/the-complete-tour-of-my-home-management-binder-part-1-of-2/