Announcing Baby #12

Our family is delighted to announce that our gracious God has blessed us with the eternal gift of a new baby. We are amazed and grateful for this gift, but this is not the announcement that I expected to write.

I was planning to share the baby’s due date, post pictures of  a 10 week baby with a lovely, strong heart beat and talk a little about this pregnancy and promise another update next week, but instead I’m asking you to pray for this precious life.

Four weeks ago an ultrasound revealed a gestational sack measuring 5 weeks, no fetal pole was visible and we figured we had just caught the pregnancy earlier than we expected.

Two weeks later another ultrasound showed  a fetal pole measuring 5 weeks, 6 days and a faint heart beat. Great news, but I was puzzled as to how my dates could be that far off.

ultrasound baby #12

A week later, the ultrasound revealed no change, no growth in the baby. He/she still measured at 5 weeks, 6 days and the heart rate remained low (88 beats/minute). My OB said that with this information, one would not expect a viable pregnancy.

We are praying for a miracle. We are praying that this baby will begin to grow normally, that her heart rate will speed up into the normal range and that God would continue to bless her with life.

I am so very grateful that we were blessed to see this little one’s heart beating and that I have been given the privilege to carry this eternal soul for whatever length of time.

The last ultrasound was Wednesday and I still feel pregnant. I continue to experience morning sickness throughout the day and am beyond tired, which I suppose is all good news.

In other ‘God-answers-prayer’ good news, Tabitha, the 7 year old whom the doctors initially diagnosed with stage 4, untreatable neuroblastoma (cancer), is at home, celebrating the holidays with her family!

team tabitha

The initial diagnosis was incorrect. She has stage 4 kidney cancer (Whilm’s tumor), but it is treatable with a much better prognosis. Her family has now set up a Caring Bridge page if you’d like to keep up with her journey. They also created a Facebook page to share updates.

And to tie up loose ends, the winner of the Lilla Rose giveaway is Valerie. Congratulations!

little girls lilla rose

There is still time to order Lilla Rose for Christmas.  Suggested shipping dates are as follows:

December 13: UPS ground
December17: UPS 2nd day air
December 20: UPS next day air

If you have any thoughts or suggestions about this pregnancy, or even a story of a positive outcome, I’d love to hear it. Thanks!

Share on Facebook7Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someoneTweet about this on Twitter1

42 Responses to Announcing Baby #12
  1. Allison
    December 2, 2013 | 9:11 am

Praying for your precious one! You and your family are such a blessing.

2. Heather
    December 2, 2013 | 9:12 am

Praying!

3. Susan
    December 2, 2013 | 9:16 am

We are praying for your little one!! May the Lord give him/her strength and good development. Keeping you in our prayers.

4. Michele @ Family, Faith and Fridays
    December 2, 2013 | 9:16 am

Offering prayers for you, your family and your precious little one!

5. Annie
    December 2, 2013 | 9:19 am

Dear sister in Christ,
    Thank you for this update. I will be praying for you during this precarious time. I am appreciative of your grateful attitude of this pregnancy in the midst of a severe trial!
    I do want to encourage you, as you know, that the Lord is always 100% in control.
    My sister-in-law had an amazing, beyond unbelievable experience. She was in her early 40’s and discovered joyously she was pregnant. An early ultrasound revelealed that the baby was not going to most likely make it. A second ultrasound confirmed that the baby didn’t survive. They were waiting for a natural miscarriage, but it was taking too long. Under their Dr.’s advice she had the procedure due to risk of infection. About 6 weeks later, she was still experiencing pain and symptoms and so her Dr. ordered a follow-up ultrasound to check for complications. They all had very great concerns of cancer or pregnancy complications. They had to wait over a holiday weekend to receive their results. And by the amazing power of only the Creator on High, the ultrasound revealed a healthy, 17-week baby. The Dr. could NOT believe it, or explain it, in fact no one could. She had conceived twins and the surviving baby had been located out-of-sight and the Lord’s hand completely alone protected her during the procedure. It was such an amazing miracle and my niece is now a thriving, beautiful 2-year old!
    I know that all circumstances are different and thankfully from reading your blog for years I know that in all things you indeed will praise our Lord.
    Bless your sweet family and we will indeed continue praying!
    Annie in CA

Jamie Z Reply:

How encouraging Annie! God has this :)

Thank you for sharing this. It has been very encouraging especially as the days have gone on.

For the record, I still feel VERY pregnant which I hope is a good sign!

Blessings to you and yours!

6. Kathy Wright
    December 2, 2013 | 9:19 am

I am certainly holding this close and praying to the giver of life, Jesus. I am praying and believing for a full and lasting pregnancy. I am praying that Jesus will allow you to hold and love on this baby. I want to say that I especially loved your reference to the blessing of an eternal gift. Children are that. May the Lord keep you at rest and at peace and held so close in His arms as you trust and see.

7. Sheila Mom to Seven
    December 2, 2013 | 9:29 am

You are in my prayers, dear one.

And, praise the Lord for Tabitha and a good report!

8. soapHOUSEmama
    December 2, 2013 | 9:29 am

PRAYING!!!!!

9. Amanda
    December 2, 2013 | 9:32 am

I will be praying for you, your precious baby, and the rest of your family. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}!

10. Jessica
    December 2, 2013 | 9:33 am

I will be praying. ((hugs))

11. Rachael
    December 2, 2013 | 9:58 am

Your family is such a blessing to me! We are praying for your precious baby in MS. May The Lord God bless you and keep you and yours.

Praise God for Tabitha’s diagnosis!

12. Courtney
    December 2, 2013 | 10:40 am

We will definately pray, Kimberly. I was so excited when I saw your blog title, because I had just posted on my blog today announcing number 11. We have been pregnant at about the same time for the last two I think. Sending much love your way!

Congratulations! I hope that we are able to go through this pregnancy ‘together’ as well. ;)

13. Elizabeth
    December 2, 2013 | 11:37 am

I don’t usually comment on your blog, I just enjoy reading. :) But I wanted to chime in to say that I am also praying for God’s provision, peace, and calm for you.

14. Emily M
    December 2, 2013 | 1:48 pm

Kimberly, I commented on Facebook, but I wanted to here as well. I am praying for you and your little one. I know that waiting is very difficult during this time of uncertainty. I will be praying that you all will have peace that surpasses understanding during this time as you wait on answers. Thanking God with you for this new life and praying for this little one. <3

Thank you, Emily. Your words are always encouraging!

15. Heather
    December 2, 2013 | 5:59 pm

Praying! Praying! Praying!!

16. Heather
    December 2, 2013 | 6:35 pm

I have prayed and will continue to do so! I’ve been trying to think of something helpful to say; you have been such an encouragement to me during my years of reading your blog, and I would like to be able to reflect some of that back to you.
    The more I think of it, there’s nothing to say, just pray.
    I do so appreciate your attitude; these children are eternal blessings, no matter how long we hold them for, and God definitely has purpose for their lives, no matter how long :)
    Grow fast and strong, little olive !

I’m grateful to hear that my words have provided some encouragement to you. Now, your words and prayers have brought comfort and encouragement to me. Thank you!

17. Diana
    December 2, 2013 | 7:15 pm

We will be praying for your precious little one. Please keep us updated!!

Diana

18. kim
    December 2, 2013 | 7:32 pm

mountainmeadowherbs has a tincture that helps sustain a pregnancy that is at risk. I have been pleased with their products. There are herbalists to answer your questions as well.

Thank you for this info!

19. Family Snodgrass
    December 2, 2013 | 8:31 pm

Kimberly,
    I have enjoyed your posts for a couple of years now, but I don’t believe I have ever commented before. This post really touched me. I miscarried a baby at 11 weeks in early September, and this week, have had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, due to a blighted ovum. As you do, I rejoice in having participated in the the creation of life, endowed with an eternal soul. I will pray with you for a miracle.
    Most truly,
    Elizabeth Snodgrass

Kathy Reply:

Elizabeth:
    My prayers are with you and may the Lord continue to help you have faith in a brighter future. To think of another right now while in the midst of your losses is amazing!

Elizabeth,

May God’s grace and peace uplift you as you walk this road and may He grant you with many more little people to raise!

20. Sarah
    December 2, 2013 | 9:50 pm

Scary stuff, we are praying! This happened to my mother in law with her second child (she has 6), and the baby did not grow for over a month, and every doctor said she needed a D&C, and she faithfully waited, and the baby started growing again. My sister in law is now healthy and 37! I do pray that the baby is safe and sound, and I will pray for peace and comfort for your family. God is good, all the time.

21. mother goose
    December 2, 2013 | 11:44 pm

I had something very similar happen. No yolk sac, fetal pole or heartbeat. for weeks. they suggested a d&c saying it wasn’t a viable pregnancy. I refused and lost the baby at 9 1/2 weeks. Being very fertile with that first cycle, I got pregnant right away. Same scenerio played out…again i refused a d&c. my hcg levels shot way up but still nothing on ultrasound so i was sent to a specialist… i went on to have a healthy baby who is now 11! who would have been aborted had i allowed them to do the d & c. Praying for you!!!

22. Lyn Murphy
    December 3, 2013 | 6:29 am

You Are Such A Brave person, I Hope Only The Best For You And Your family L Pray That All Will Be Well Ok Its In Gods Hands

23. Lisa
    December 3, 2013 | 7:27 am

Keep praying and have HOPE! When I was pregnant with my 3rd child, the doctors said she had Trisomy 18 – which is “incompatible with life.” My daughter was born and lived 17 months before the Lord called her home. I am praying amazing things for your little one. Trust and pray and hope!

24. Jessica
    December 3, 2013 | 1:06 pm

Praying for you and your sweet baby! I pray for God’s will to be done, and that He would be glorified through this situation. I pray that, if it is according to His will, He would breathe life, strength, healing, and growth into this sweet child. I pray for His wisdom, grace and peace to be with you, and that He will sustain, strengthen and comfort you right now.

25. Kathy
    December 3, 2013 | 5:06 pm

I had my first babe at 41 and my second at 43. I thought I had lost my first and we had ALL the odds against us.

One of the local rabbis in our community put it this way,” Doctors aren’t God. ”

I pray that the Great Physician guides you and yours in your thoughts, feelings and prayers today and all days.

26. Bethany
    December 3, 2013 | 7:21 pm

I have been praying for you and this precious one. May the Lord bless this child.
    My pastor’s wife found out she was pregnant in her early 40s, and went for an ultrasound. She was told that the baby was not viabe. They aked the church to pray and at the next ultrasound there was a heartbeat! Their 4th child was born 12 years after their 3rd. He is now 18 months old and full boy!

27. Rachel
    December 4, 2013 | 4:03 am

You and your newest little one are very much in my prayers right now!

My first pregnancy ended in an early miscarriage. Shortly thereafter, I found myself pregnant again, and very fearful. I knew the precise date I conceived (there was only one opportunity), so I knew that the baby should have measured six weeks from LMP when I had my first ultrasound. But the baby didn’t even show up on the scan. My ob assured me it was probably just too early, she estimated I was at four weeks from LMP, and told me to come back in two weeks. When I went in two weeks later, the baby that had to be eight weeks from LMP measured six weeks and had a heartbeat.

At 42 weeks from my calculations and 40 weeks based on the measurements of that ultrasound, I gave birth to my first child–a healthy, 10# 10oz baby boy.

I hope you have good news soon!

28. Annie
    December 4, 2013 | 8:07 am

Kimberly- we will be praying earnestly for you, your baby, and your family. Please keep us posted.

Also, praise The Lord that Tabitha is able to stay with her family for Christmas!!! Keep us posted on this as well.

Blessings,
    Annie

29. Michelle
    December 4, 2013 | 9:30 pm

Dear Kimberly, I am praying for you and your precious little one. This little life is an eternal blessing, as you said. Praying for a joyful outcome for your family.

30. Norah
    December 5, 2013 | 2:08 pm

Dear Kimberly,

I am praying for you, your precious baby, and your family! I am proud of your determination to rejoice in the eternal life, regardless of the outcome here on earth. But I dearly pray that you will be able to hold, cuddle, and love on the dear baby and see it thriving and healthy. Stay strong!

Very sincerely,
    Norah Fries

31. Kim L.
    December 5, 2013 | 2:25 pm

Some friends of ours were told their first pregnancy was non-viable. He is now almost 6 years old and a big brother to 2 more. Here’s a link to her story. She was the one to introduce me to the 4Moms.

Aidan

32. Anjanette Barr
    December 6, 2013 | 3:46 am

Thank you Kim for thinking of us and linking to our story (in your blog comments). I hadn’t seen this post yet and I am thankful for the opportunity to pray.

The doctors never did offer an opinion as to why we had bleeding and a low heart rate. However, when he was born, his cord was very “short” because it was woven in and out of the placenta on the side that was attached to my uterus.

My personal theory is that the placenta detached from my uterus slightly and less blood getting to baby meant a slower heart rate. Then it healed (around the umbilical cord).

I’ll never know for sure, of course. That time (almost three weeks) of waiting and thinking that we would lose him was so difficult. *hug*

He is a healthy and happy boy now and he’s had no delays at all. I’ll pray the same for you, knowing that the God of all comfort already knows the outcome and is holding your precious little one no matter what.

33. Jenny
    December 6, 2013 | 4:52 pm

Praying for you and this precious little one you are carrying ♥ We lost our fourth little one at about 7 weeks, and had I realized it, my first sign was not the bleeding at 9 weeks, but my morning sickness going away. At the time I was so thankful to have more energy, but I will never take morning sickness for granted again. PRAYING for the little life growing in you and for comfort and peace. Phil 4:6 ♥

34. Ray Bond
    December 7, 2013 | 10:25 pm

praying for you, dear friend.

love, Penelope