In no particular order:
1. When God said, “Behold, children are a gift of the Lord…Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them (Psalm 127)”, we believe He meant it.
2. World domination.
3. We know what causes it.
4. Over the last several thousand years, children have outperformed both the stock market AND gold in ROI.
5. We believe that God’s plan is better than ours.
6. People think that we are patient “super parents.” (insert maniacal laughter)
7. We want to leave a lasting legacy.
8. Our kids are cute!
9. We don’t want to have all of our “investments” in the stock market.
10. In a world that views children as an inconvenience or punishment (Obama said he wouldn’t want his daughters “punished with a baby”) we think someone should stand up and say, we welcome children and believe that they are precious and valuable.
Edited to add: I’ve had some commenters call into question whether or not Obama said this, suggest that I am misrepresenting his meaning or not including the whole context. So I decided to include his whole quote,
Look, I’ve got two daughters, 9 year old, um, 9 years old and 6 years old. I’m gonna teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake I don’t want them punished with a baby .
11. We love late night snuggles, running two year olds, laughing at the table, crayon drawings, and silly songs.
12. Division of labor.
13. We still get to play on the playground.
You may be interested in “Can We Trust God? Our Journey to Many Children“.
You may read more about how much fun we have with our large family by visiting the Raising Olives homepage.